Hamilton, ON 9/6/22
    Toronto, ON 9/8/22
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    Versus13 said:

I was also lucky enough to find Pearl Jam's Hallucinogenic Recipe
    :D

:-/ What's that? Never heard of it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited August 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

Versus13 said:

I was also lucky enough to find Pearl Jam's Hallucinogenic Recipe
    :D

:-/ What's that? Never heard of it.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,945
    PJ_Soul said:

reesdog said:

PJ_Soul said:

reesdog said:

Second-hand:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Original, 1979.

I have GOT to get my hands on that one of these days. I keep intending to, and then.... well, you know. :P But soon!
    Yeah it's a bit of a must have isn't it? I'd been looking for a decent copy for a while, I see this around quite a lot, but it's usually not in great condition. This one is near mint, very happy with that. Anyway, where you been PJ_Soul? Haven't seen you here for a some time...

Yeah, same story here. Tons of them around, but most are either a rip off or not in great shape (VG+ and worse... and honestly, I don't buy VG+ anymore unless it's a very rare record. I have had WAY too many issues with the vinyl rating).

I've been around, but not this thread as much lately, because I have been trying to control my spending on vinyl (mostly to convince myself that I don't have a problem, lol), and coming here is too much of a temptation. :))
    I know you've mentioned buying used vinyl and really, buying used vinyl is one of the finest forms of recycling- that's how I justify it anyway. :))

OK, PJ_Soul, now you can go back to continuing your enjoyment of record collecting. :))

As for the little minor matter of expenses? Well, I'm working on that one too... :))
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,800
    Kyuss Blood Red Sun
    Kyuss welcome to ......

Soundgarden Louder than Love black vinyl
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,389
    RobbyD462 said:

Kyuss Blood Red Sun
    Kyuss welcome to ......

Soundgarden Louder than Love black vinyl

^Nice

Just ordered Korn's first album on vinyl. I was hoping that they would do this. Now if System of a down would do Steal This Album I would be very happy!
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Second-hand:
    Original, 1980.
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    well back from vacation, raided the ol mans vinyl... pulled some gems:
    Cosmo's Factory CCR
    Best of the guess who
    Latest and greatest Vol 1 (good tracks on it)
    simon and garfunkel greatest hits
    A very special christmas (Run DMC/Mellencamp/Boss)
    Best of Don Williams
    Greatest Hits of Marty RObbins
    Conway Twitty- Its only make believe
    Ricky Nelson- All my best
    Santana Caravanserai (dont know this album Santana sb good- we'll see)
    Johnny Cash- Live a San Quentin, Live at folsom Prison, and an older one named the fabulous JC.

All need a good cleaning... decent shape and playable.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992

I just bought this vinyl player! :-)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0080EKFGC/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item_image

Its the blue Pro-Ject Debut Carbon

I can't wait to listen to my records on this!

congrats man, got the project debut II as well. Nice sounding player... dont forget you may need a preamp. enjoy!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,676
    Benjamin Booker
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,413
    The Traveling Wilburys Vol. 1
    Miles Davis- Sketches of Spain
  • Options
    Nami said:

I just bought this vinyl player! :-)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0080EKFGC/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item_image

Its the blue Pro-Ject Debut Carbon

I can't wait to listen to my records on this!

congrats man, got the project debut II as well. Nice sounding player... dont forget you may need a preamp. enjoy!
    Thank you!

I'm hoping the Marantz amp is suffice. Setting it up this weekend. Just came in today!
  • Options
    Versus13Versus13 Vancouver, BC Posts: 192
    Yeah there you go PJ_Soul!! MedozK
    let ya know. It's pretty great actually and I didn't know it existed until the day I got it but I love it now! :D
    Pittsburgh, PA 10/11/13
    Detroit, MI 10/16/14
    Tampa, FL 4/11/16
    Jacksonville, FL 4/13/16
    Toronto, ON 5/12/16
    Chicago, IL 8/22/16
    Chicago, IL 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL 8/20/18
    Boston, MA 9/4/18
    Ottawa, ON 9/3/22
    Hamilton, ON 9/6/22
    Toronto, ON 9/8/22
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,033
    edited August 2014

Ty Segall - Manipulator
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options

Who is this Tim? Looks very nice... :-bd
  • Options
    Anyone know of this great record/band?

New:
    Remastered reissue 2011.
  • Options
    Opeth - Pale Communion

(tomorrow will it be released, but I preordered it, so...)
    15.08.09 Berlin, 04.07.12 Berlin, 05.07.12 Berlin, 25.06.14 Vienna
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,676
    My Goodness-Shiver and Shake
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,033
    reesdog said:

Who is this Tim? Looks very nice... :-bd
    New Ty Segall album.
  • Options
    Hey everyone, jjflash posted this link to a REALLY amazing vinyl sale at insound.com: http://www.insound.com/vinyl-records/on-sale

50% off 1000s of albums and singles! I spent a LONG time going through everything on sale, and WOW, the selection and prices are pretty amazing. I'm working on a list of everything I want. :) Thanks jjflash!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    And from that great sale:

Mark Lanegan Band - Blues Funeral

Screaming Trees - Uncle Anesthesia

Soundgarden - Telephantasm

Leonard Cohen - I'm Your Man
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Fuck. Never mind. That sale ain't what it's cracked up to be... 3 of those 4 albums ended up being on backorder (which is not stated until you're checking out, and even then, one of them didn't show as backorder until I went back into my account to review my order. During ordering it showed as available), and now they've emailed me saying that anything on backorder and on sale will be cancelled, even though they let you finish payment and everything. So I actually only got the Mark Lanegan album (which is still pretty sweet - got it for $12!). :( Why the fuck would they have them listed on sale at all they don't even have them?? X(

Okay... now to search for good deals for the other three anyway, because now that I got all excited about having them, I can't let them go. Sigh.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Fuck. Never mind. That sale ain't what it's cracked up to be... 3 of those 4 albums ended up being on backorder (which is not stated until you're checking out, and even then, one of them didn't show as backorder until I went back into my account to review my order. During ordering it showed as available), and now they've emailed me saying that anything on backorder and on sale will be cancelled, even though they let you finish payment and everything. So I actually only got the Mark Lanegan album (which is still pretty sweet - got it for $12!). :( Why the fuck would they have them listed on sale if at all they don't even have them?? X(

Okay... now to search for good deals for the other three anyway, because now that I got all excited about having them, I can't let them go. Sigh.

I was excited that they had the whole Thee Oh sees discography. Now I bet that they don't.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Options
    edited August 2014

PJ_Soul said:

Fuck. Never mind. That sale ain't what it's cracked up to be... 3 of those 4 albums ended up being on backorder (which is not stated until you're checking out, and even then, one of them didn't show as backorder until I went back into my account to review my order. During ordering it showed as available), and now they've emailed me saying that anything on backorder and on sale will be cancelled, even though they let you finish payment and everything. So I actually only got the Mark Lanegan album (which is still pretty sweet - got it for $12!). :( Why the fuck would they have them listed on sale if at all they don't even have them?? X(

I was excited that they had the whole Thee Oh sees discography. Now I bet that they don't.

Thanks for the heads up.

You're welcome. Don't give up.... there are still a lot of very good deals on albums that are in stock.... but this was definitely a disappointment. Got even worse when I went for the Bitches Brew Live album that was on sale only to discover that it had sold out over night. :(
    Anyway, I just order the Leonard Cohen and Screaming Trees albums from Amazon anyway.... now I just have to find a good deal on Telephantasm. Hoping to find a really good used copy for cheap, in case any of you happen to come across one! :)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Thanks for the heads up.

You're welcome. Don't give up.... there are still a lot of very good deals on albums that are in stock.... but this was definitely a disappointment. Got even worse when I went for the Bitches Brew Live album that was on sale only to discover that it had sold out over night. :(
    Anyway, I just order the Leonard Cohen and Screaming Trees albums from Amazon anyway.... now I just have to find a good deal on Telephantasm. Hoping to find a really good used copy for cheap, in case any of you happen to come across one! :)
    Alli can you look for Bedouin Soundclash albums for me. They are a Canadian band and I don't find much down here in the states.

If you come across anything let me know Northerners!
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Thanks for the heads up.

Alli can you look for Bedouin Soundclash albums for me. They are a Canadian band and I don't find much down here in the states.

If you come across anything let me know Northerners!
    I will definitely keep an eye out!
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,413
    May 30th said:

My Goodness-Shiver and Shake

Hey, me too!

Caught these guys open a show last week. Had never heard of them and they blew me away.
    Almost bought the vinyl before the show just by the look of it. Damn sexy. Ended up ordering online.

• Options
    New:

Fugazi - The Argument.
    Reissue 2009.
  • Options
    reesdog said:

New:

Fugazi - The Argument.
    Reissue 2009.

I loooooooooove this album. Good choice! I think this is my favorite Fugazi album. :x