:oops: ;) :wave:
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    by the way, those zep albums are top notch :thumbup:
    jealous!

Today's mission is to traverse the length of the country, preserving Aleister Crowley's olde english magickal blackwax intact, and by nightfall install on platter and seriously f'in ROCK!

I think if I stick to the discreet highways and byways of this fayre land, and avoid the digital mainstream I should be alright ;)

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,696
    tremors wrote:
    I smell a romance blossoming here :P :corn:

:lol: :oops: :P

I am currently in a bidding war for a '77 version of Led Zep III btw. I was pushed into it when this conversation began. NM vinyl, VG++ jacket with working pinwheel. :) ... Checked out the Plums that are on sale..... too rich for my blood right now! The one I'm bidding on is only at $14 or something, 40 minutes to go!
    EDIT: :x Lost the auction... the person i was bidding against is clever. Threw in his bid literally 3 seconds before it ended.... I need more practice with these ebay auctions. :( The search continues.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    tremors wrote:

I am currently in a bidding war for a '77 version of Led Zep III btw. I was pushed into it when this conversation began. NM vinyl, VG++ jacket with working pinwheel. :) ... Checked out the Plums that are on sale..... too rich for my blood right now! The one I'm bidding on is only at $14 or something, 40 minutes to go!
    EDIT: :x Lost the auction... the person i was bidding against is clever. Threw in his bid literally 3 seconds before it ended.... I need more practice with these ebay auctions. :( The search continues.

:thumbup: Keep on keeping the faith! I'm sure you'll get lucky when the time is right :)

I gave up on Ebay a few years ago - burned one too many times! These days I kind of roam around second-hand shops and record fairs, and see what I can ferret out - it takes a lot longer, but is somehow more satisfying when you find something you've been looking for for a while. I have a couple of records that I doubt I will ever find like this (Duke Spirit debut anyone?). I have had a number of good ebay experiences though - so good luck in your quest!!

I am safely back home and have been spinning the two Led Zep! They are both quite cracklesome, but the nice thick tones of these early pressings makes up for that. Overall I am happy with my lot. If I'd paid twice the price or more I would probably be grumbling, but I just played Tangerine (one of my top 5 songs), and the guitar was sending shivers up and down my back..... long live vinyl :D

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    tremors wrote:

:thumbup: Keep on keeping the faith! I'm sure you'll get lucky when the time is right :)

I gave up on Ebay a few years ago - burned one too many times! These days I kind of roam around second-hand shops and record fairs, and see what I can ferret out - it takes a lot longer, but is somehow more satisfying when you find something you've been looking for for a while. I have a couple of records that I doubt I will ever find like this (Duke Spirit debut anyone?). I have had a number of good ebay experiences though - so good luck in your quest!!

I am safely back home and have been spinning the two Led Zep! They are both quite cracklesome, but the nice thick tones of these early pressings makes up for that. Overall I am happy with my lot. If I'd paid twice the price or more I would probably be grumbling, but I just played Tangerine (one of my top 5 songs), and the guitar was sending shivers up and down my back..... long live vinyl :D
    I love going to the record stores and junk shops, and do on a fairly regular basis. but unfortunately pretty much everyone who sells vinyl in Vancouver sucks. Way overpriced new stuff, and you can never find anything sought after because they all just sell that stuff on ebay anyway. So if I'm going for PJ, or older Led Zep pressings, or anything in high demand basically, my search would be way too long and hard (that's what she said). I've never been too burned on ebay though, so I'm not as wary. My copy of Physical Graffiti was in way worse condition than explained, but other than that, I've really lucked out... So hopefully that luck continues! Not that I use ebay a lot. I've made well under 10 purchases there.... I actually prefer Lost Dogs. I can trust most people there. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270

I was thinking the same thing. :thumbup:
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options

I am still trying to figure out a good way to respond to this. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Me too, probably best to say :P :P and play some more Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp! ;)

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Me too, probably best to say :P :P and play some more Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp! ;)
    :P :P
    Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp is possibly my favorite Led Zep song.... I still can't clap along to it properly, but I keep trying. :)
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    goldrush wrote:
    One of my favourite albums of the last 20 years (and one of the greatest Australian albums of all time IMO) has been released on vinyl for the first time:

ALBUM-You-Am-I-Sound-As-Ever.jpg

This thing just sounds too damn good :D

I picked up the "Hi Fi Way" and "Hourly, Daily" reissues too but "Sound As Ever" is the one that will always be a special record for me

http://youtu.be/Nwsyr5gAEuM
    :thumbup: Great record there Goldrush!

Hi-Fi Way is my fave from these guys, such a cool and very under-rated band internationally, they were so close to going huge too. Soundgarden loved them and asked them to tour with them. As did Oasis, the Gallagher brothers kept telling Tim Rogers (the lead singer) that his band were brilliant, but I don't think Tim liked all the touring and just wanted to be back in Sydney doing his thing. Met him once briefly years and years ago, a very nice, friendly character.
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    New:
    2hpsxok.jpg
    35bblf5.jpg
    2rz51yh.jpg
    This showed up earlier in the week in the post from Australia, it came as a triple pack of their first 3 albums.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    This arrived yesterday.

drumgasm.jpg
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    This arrived yesterday.

drumgasm.jpg
    Same for me.... Wow. :shock: Just a solid half hour of crazy drumming. Pretty awesome!
  • Options
    If we are showing off our Led Zep III's, probably my fave Zep album, here's mine from a while back... :)
    2ms20rp.jpg
    From 1973 - Mint condition with working wheel, sounds superb!
  • Options
    reesdog wrote:
    If we are showing off our Led Zep III's, probably my fave Zep album, here's mine from a while back... :)
    2ms20rp.jpg
    Looks perfect! :thumbup:
    Trying for another NM on ebay.... oh the suspense!
  • Options
    reesdog wrote:
    2ms20rp.jpg

Nice!

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,333
    reesdog wrote:
    :thumbup: Great record there Goldrush!

Hi-Fi Way is my fave from these guys, such a cool and very under-rated band internationally, they were so close to going huge too. Soundgarden loved them and asked them to tour with them. As did Oasis, the Gallagher brothers kept telling Tim Rogers (the lead singer) that his band were brilliant, but I don't think Tim liked all the touring and just wanted to be back in Sydney doing his thing. Met him once briefly years and years ago, a very nice, friendly character.
    I've met Tim a couple of times and he always seems like a really nice guy. I genuinely think he's one of Australia's greatest songwriters.

He played a secret gig at a bar in Sydney where I used to work 2 years ago because the owner knew him (not that secret, he was billed as Tim Rogerstein!). It was just Tim and an acoustic in the back room in front of about 100 people. He can be a really charming guy; he's got just the right mix of rock star swagger and arrogance but he's funny enough to pull it off.
    reesdog wrote:
    New:
    2hpsxok.jpg
    35bblf5.jpg
    2rz51yh.jpg
    This showed up earlier in the week in the post from Australia, it came as a triple pack of their first 3 albums.
    I love all 3 of these records :D
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    reesdog wrote:
    2ms20rp.jpg
    Looks perfect! :thumbup:
    Trying for another NM on ebay.... oh the suspense!
    Thanks, best of luck nabbing your one! :thumbup:
  • Options
    The Beatles 1962-1966
    b489172f-4000-405b-87bf-66c6a768c072_zps7653bda7.jpg
    Outkast - Atliens
    2e39451d-f259-4b68-9f58-86ce5a538cfd_zps1e31e53d.jpg
    Portugal. The Man - Evil Friends
    da0d536a-fe51-4f87-bcf6-6a52ae2829cb_zps7777a1a4.jpg
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,393
    Mike Watt--Ballhog or Tugboat (Blue double LP; used) only $10!!! Score of the month!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Mike Watt--Ballhog or Tugboat (Blue double LP; used) only $10!!! Score of the month!
    Nice!
  • Options
    The Beatles 1962-1966
    Outkast - Atliens
    Could you get 3 more different albums?! Nice diversity He Who Forgets... :thumbup:
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,048
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Nice!

Agreed! This is a great album!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    reesdog wrote:
    The Beatles 1962-1966
    Outkast - Atliens
    Could you get 3 more different albums?! Nice diversity He Who Forgets... :thumbup:
    they're all good though, right?
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,048
    150930466328.jpg

The Yardbirds: Featuring Performances By: Jeff Beck Eric Clapton Jimmy Page
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,820
    150930466328.jpg

Ooh! Nice! What label is it on? How's the sound?

Looks like a good find!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

Nice find! :)

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,333
    Joseph Arthur - The Ballad Of Boogie Christ, autographed vinyl :D

9581036895_24ba38bae2_z.jpg
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    150930466328.jpg

That looks incredible! Let us know how it sounds.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    150930466328.jpg

That looks incredible! Let us know how it sounds.

Hey Chris, I thought of you yesterday - I found a neat copy of Achtung Baby priced at a couple of dollars - haven't listened yet, biut it looks a lot better condition than my existing copy. Might be good for a lazy Sunday at home tomorrow :)