Just Received Artillery Order

Comments

• weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    spacers....no idea what they are (i'm new at DYI framing)....google here i come
  • spacers....no idea what they are (i'm new at DYI framing)....google here i come

they keep the print from resting directly against the glass and help keep it flat.
  • glad I am not the only one! So on americanframe.com, do they send you the parts and you put the frame together? I am a bit confused.
    glad I am not the only one! So on americanframe.com, do they send you the parts and you put the frame together? I am a bit confused.

I just got a kit in the other day, haven't quite figured everything out yet, but they do not include the hanging wire or anything to get your print to stick to the backboard, unless I'm not doing it right. Good luck if you go this route, I'm sure once you do one the rest will be easy to do.
  • thanks! I do not think I could put one of these together. I am definately not mechanically inclined.
    glad I am not the only one! So on americanframe.com, do they send you the parts and you put the frame together? I am a bit confused.

I just got a kit in the other day, haven't quite figured everything out yet, but they do not include the hanging wire or anything to get your print to stick to the backboard, unless I'm not doing it right. Good luck if you go this route, I'm sure once you do one the rest will be easy to do.
  • i got idi got id Posts: 867
    You do need to order wire separately from americanframe...

Otherwise, the last order I got came with simple instruction on how to piece the frame and mat. It only took about 15 minutes to get my print framed correctly...
  • I received my tubes yesterday in the mail. I got a couple of low # 's 6,8,&9.One of the prints is the Ganesh (Screens 'N' Spokes 08) which appears to be unnumbered.Did anyone else purchase this print?Was this print numbered?
    Miami 92,WPB 2008,Tampa 2008,MSG 2008#1, EV Baltimore 2009 Night#2,EV ATL 2009, Seattle 2009, Jazzfest 2010, WM3 Arkansas 2010,Bridge School 2010
  • I'm located in Central Illinois and haven't received mine yet. The wait is killing me. ha ha ! ! !
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Still waiting for mine. I did however get two credit card credits of $8. I ordered 3 posters, was wondering if they were all shipped in the same tube, since that is about the shipping cost? anyone else have this happen?
  • I ordered two posters and got both in the same tube.
    Still waiting for mine. I did however get two credit card credits of $8. I ordered 3 posters, was wondering if they were all shipped in the same tube, since that is about the shipping cost? anyone else have this happen?
  • in chicago and still have not received mine.... ugh the wait is driving me mad!!! :|
  • i got idi got id Posts: 867
    Still waiting in DC for 8 posters...I'll give it until tomorrow then follow up with Brad...
  • Got my Hawaii...I didn't even know they were signed and numbered....don't really care all that much, just happy to have it. Now only if I owned a vacation home in Hawaii to hang it in!
    Gorge
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,057
    Got my Hawaii...I didn't even know they were signed and numbered....don't really care all that much, just happy to have it. Now only if I owned a vacation home in Hawaii to hang it in!

How is it looking in person?

I cant wait to see that one
    anyone overseas got anything yet?

any customs charges?
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    I am wondering how long it will take to get the posters in Europe?!?!? Hope they arrive soon! :thumbup:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,906
    pdalowsky wrote:

any customs charges?

bK is very accommodating in that he declares the posters @ $10 each, which should prevent any hefty customs charges. looking forward to receiving my tube and seeing the "not good enough for eV"-Hawaii poster in person,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

any customs charges?

bK is very accommodating in that he declares the posters @ $10 each, which should prevent any hefty customs charges. looking forward to receiving my tube and seeing the "not good enough for eV"-Hawaii poster in person,...

thats great news,

Ames caught me out on the 2008 sub declared the two tubes combined $700 - that stung a little

Try it, I actually sat down and looked at it again last night, took me about 10 minutes to do, pretty easy. I'm still shocked I didn't understand it at first, then went looking for a piece that I didn't even need to complete it. Once my new order comes in I'm going to need to order another frame....I hear the new SLC print comes in at 16 3/4x24, not 18x24 meaning custom frame is the only way to go
  • Diggy381Diggy381 Posts: 165
    I guess I really don't know a lot about posters. I just bought a frame from Michael's (obviously nothing fancy, just a black frame) and put in some acid free backing. Do I need to worry that my prints are going to get messed up over time? Is it really bad to have the poster directly touching the glass?

Please help!
    mh184572 wrote:
    I guess I really don't know a lot about posters. I just bought a frame from Michael's (obviously nothing fancy, just a black frame) and put in some acid free backing. Do I need to worry that my prints are going to get messed up over time? Is it really bad to have the poster directly touching the glass?

Please help!

I have one in that same scenerio which I'm worried about, been in the frame alittle over a year, I think I'm going to add in spacers over the weekend to try and protect it.
  • Mine wasn't in yesterday's mail. Hopefully tonight...
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Mine wasn't in yesterday's mail. Hopefully tonight...

no mail in the us today. I'm hoping they come in tomorrow
  • Ah..that's right. I completely forgot there is no mail on Veteran's Day.

Thank you to all the veterans for their service to our country ! ! !
  • I know someone mentioned spacers earlier in this thread but I am still a little confused. So the spacers keep the print from being up against the glass, is that correct? Can you buy spacers at a frame shop?
    mh184572 wrote:

Please help!

I have one in that same scenerio which I'm worried about, been in the frame alittle over a year, I think I'm going to add in spacers over the weekend to try and protect it.
    most prints are held off the glass by mounting - thats how i understand it

although Im, not sure how the damage would result from just touching the glass.....maybe someone could explain who knows what they are talking about??
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Got my "Not good enough for Eddie" Yesterday.

Its a beaut, Mavis. A real beaut!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,559
    Keep an eye out the next few day's over @ http://www.thefadedline.com/

Cloak and Veil - 4 colors screen printed on sheet metal. Art by Faded Line artist, Brad Klausen. Image originally used on a highly collectable Pearl Jam poster from DC. Edition of 60, s&n by Klausen. These will be sold in conjunction with the screen printed jigsaw puzzle of the same image around Thanksgiving. In addition will be two Emek pieces. All three will be amazing.
  • you def wanna get the UV protected glass or your poster will fade over time...even from artificial lighting sources.
    you def wanna get the UV protected glass or your poster will fade over time...even from artificial lighting sources.

this has been said before and sorry to keep mentioning it but my framer showed me two really indepth studies on this and both concluded that there was very little benefit of UV glass, the print will fade anyway.

Unless its kept in the pitch black its unavoidable.

I'm no expert though so can only pass along what he told me