The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    one of these days
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,789
    Needed that DP..... BAD
    Cmon Alex.... Ur playin in TB, not Yankee stadium

can't keep the bat on your shoulder

Funny Girardi ph for him in a non tieing or taking the lead situation.... Yet doesn't bring him in during the all star game, strange
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    That was an absolute filthy pitch
    And a lead off walk, not so filthy
    Ahh well. Leaving Tampa in first, things could be much worse.

My choice in channels today was TBS or the Rays broadcast. I went with TBS and it has been brutal. Buck Martinez said about the called Arod 3rd strike. "That may not have been a strike but he deserves it"....yep. He deserves to get a strike when he does not throw a strike, makes sense to me.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

My choice in channels today was TBS or the Rays broadcast. I went with TBS and it has been brutal. Buck Martinez said about the called Arod 3rd strike. "That may not have been a strike but he deserves it"....yep. He deserves to get a strike when he does not throw a strike, makes sense to me.

too close to take.... We all know the home pitcher will get the benefit
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

too close to take.... We all know the home pitcher will get the benefit

I would probably agree although I don't think it was a strike. I don't agree with the statement that a pitcher deserves a strike call that is not a strike because he is pitching well though.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Harold Reynolds would hit cano 7th in the Yankees lineup. This man is on tv why?

he does say a lot of dumb shit. he and joe morgan should have their own tv show
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    go.
    rays.
    www.myspace.com
    go.
    rays.

1st
    Place
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    go.
    rays.

1st
    Place

for now... :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    lucky to leave in sole possession. saturday's game was stolen. the rays were the better team. could have been a weekend sweep.
    rival. wrote:
    lucky to leave in sole possession. saturday's game was stolen. the rays were the better team. could have been a weekend sweep.

If saturday's game was stolen, wasn't Friday's as well? One bad pitch.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

this is true. those were two outstanding games.

i was wrong about arod hitting the catwalk. i'll be at the stadium tomorrow night with my parents. their first time they are making it out to the new home. wouldn't mind a-rod going homerless tonight!
    rival. wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

this is true. those were two outstanding games.

i was wrong about arod hitting the catwalk. i'll be at the stadium tomorrow night with my parents. their first time they are making it out to the new home. wouldn't mind a-rod going homerless tonight!

Definitely, two good teams playing great baseball.

That is great. A bunch of my buddies were there for 500 and said it was awesome, hopefully you get to see 600.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Thurman Munson. Watching his Yankeeography right now and it is really great. My dad's favorite player in all of sports. At 2:30 is the game Bobby Murcer won for the Yankees after Thurman's funeral.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    tonite for christs sake :twisted:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Newch91 wrote:
    Thurman Munson. Watching his Yankeeography right now and it is really great. My dad's favorite player in all of sports. At 2:30 is the game Bobby Murcer won for the Yankees after Thurman's funeral.

:mrgreen: he was my former's bosses favorite player, one day i was lookin over his stats, so i said, well ya know he doesn't have the greatists numbers in the world, he said "It was the way he played the game, his leadership, clutch play, tough and gritty, ya had to see him everyday to understand" Stats don't tell the whole story.
    This is good stuff from Frankie Pilliere

To put it as simply as possible, A-Rod’s bat speed is not the same, and neither is his ability to consistently generate powerful swings. Rather than debate about what caused this, let’s dig into what the problem exactly is. Mechanically speaking, the questions are where has that bat speed gone and why is he not generating the same levels of power. Essentially, it all comes down to his lower half. When he’s right, no hitter has the balance and strength in the lower half that he does.

[...]

Without creating that coiled spring effect before he releases his hands and with less drive of the hips toward the baseball, bat speed is going to suffer. And while there is no official measurement of actual bat speed available, we’ve seen Rodriguez get beat more often by the fastball without that powerful base from which to hit. It’s just not possible to produce the same bat speed.

[...]

If you’re an optimistic person, and expect the Rodriguez of old to return, what you’ll see is a smaller, abbreviated leg kick where he has very little movement in his lower half before he drives his hips at the ball. You’ll also see his head stay much more centered over the middle of his body and far less upper body involvement. If he can accomplish all that, we’ll see his bat speed return and the more prolific home run numbers will follow.
    Looks like we are going to have a tie atop the al east
    Might be on a little skid here with Moseley going tonight. I don't really have any worries about this team, especially with such a large lead to get into the playoffs but it would be nice to avoid a little skid here with Boston coming into town this weekend.
    its gonna be a dogfight..

tampa won't be the same next year so they're going hard
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

Good thing they didn't pick up a bat. That lineup does not scare me.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yea but they are gonna play like the indians from major league :lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yea but they are gonna play like the indians from major league :lol:

Haha, very true. Both should get into the playoffs but it would be nice to win the East and avoid the Rangers in the first round.
  • Are any of the newly acquired guys under contract with the Yanks beyond this year?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    Are any of the newly acquired guys under contract with the Yanks beyond this year?

berkman and wood are both gone..not sure about kearns
    Are any of the newly acquired guys under contract with the Yanks beyond this year?

berkman and wood are both gone..not sure about kearns

I dont believe he is under control next year.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    We need Pettite.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful