The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,795
    Whoohoo. I was there. First time I saw an A-Rod homerun. And it was his 600th.
    I miss igotid88
    I miss igotid88
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    igotid88 wrote:

LOVE THE FAN VIDEOS.the vibe is like you're there
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    igotid88 wrote:

Fuck YA, Kiss it GoodBye!!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    I hear 600, do i hear 601?

will the new york post incorporate syringes and asterisks in their headline if a-fraud breaks the record? or was that just for bonds? :evil:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    imalive wrote:

will the new york post incorporate syringes and asterisks in their headline if a-fraud breaks the record? or was that just for bonds? :evil:
    It is kind of fishy that A-Rod's homerun power is down, but who knows anymore lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    igotid88 wrote:
    Whoohoo. I was there. First time I saw an A-Rod homerun. And it was his 600th.

That's sweet you got to see it. Cognrats, man. I am sure it was a blast.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
  • Yesterdays lineup & batting order was my fav. Best way option i think. Strongest top to bottom
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    rays just put up 6 in the bottom of the 8th to tie up minnesota. bartlett hit a PH-grand slam. you guys are in for a dog fight for the AL East
    The Fixer wrote:
    rays just put up 6 in the bottom of the 8th to tie up minnesota. bartlett hit a PH-grand slam. you guys are in for a dog fight for the AL East

Not going to be easy, would be nice to avoid Texas in the first round.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, winning the AL east is gonna be big

you just got hooked up. twins had guy on 3rd, 2 outs. kubel hit an infield fly that bounced off the catwalk and landed in fair territory. can't believe they allow those types of plays to be considered non-outs
    The Fixer wrote:

thank you for mushing the rays
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, winning the AL east is gonna be big

you just got hooked up. twins had guy on 3rd, 2 outs. kubel hit an infield fly that bounced off the catwalk and landed in fair territory. can't believe they allow those types of plays to be considered non-outs

Saw it, love when the stadium bites them in the ass.
    The Fixer wrote:

I could care less about the AL. I just like watching good games. I'm not a yankee hater
    Tied for 1st going into the weekend.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Tied for 1st going into the weekend.

1/2 game up ya mean ;)
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I could care less about the AL. I just like watching good games. I'm not a yankee hater

i just said thanks because as soon as you posted twins took the lead back ...so thanks again
  • Just saw Reggie Jackson in the streets on NYC. I was surprised how small he is. Looked like he could still smack a homer though
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    Just saw Reggie Jackson in the streets on NYC. I was surprised how small he is. Looked like he could still smack a homer though

he looks real good for his age
  • Just saw Reggie Jackson in the streets on NYC. I was surprised how small he is. Looked like he could still smack a homer though

Every time I see Reggie, it makes me think of his scene in the Naked Gun...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Just saw Reggie Jackson in the streets on NYC. I was surprised how small he is. Looked like he could still smack a homer though

Every time I see Reggie, it makes me think of his scene in the Naked Gun...

" must kill the queen" :lol:
    rival. wrote:

it was but a lot of those people left after he hit the homerun. Especially by the 5th. Maybe it was the heat.
    I miss igotid88
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Going to the game on Sunday night!
    kenshunt wrote:
    imalive wrote:

It is kind of fishy that A-Rod's homerun power is down, but who knows anymore lol.

his run production is still up. And there's still 2 months left. So he could still be at his usual 30-30 hr 100+rbi.
    I miss igotid88
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    tcaporale wrote:
    Going to the game on Sunday night!

That's awesome Tom!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Ever heard of a 13 run pool? You randomly get a team, and they have to score 0-13. 1st team to score all wins. I joined one that started after the AS Break. The Yankees just need 13 to win the Pool for whoever has them. In just 19 games, they have scored 13 different "Runs" (technically, you need to score 14 different #'s)

And here I thought I was doing great with the Blue Jays, needing just 0,6,11, & 12. the only thing that worries me is that the Jays will never get shutout....And Mitre fucked me the other day, one out to go and they were at 6.....then Mitre did his best Chan Ho impersonation
    well here come the sux,but they are gonna be like a wounded dog

need to get this on
    ok lets smack these dirty beard wearing punks around
    Ever heard of a 13 run pool? You randomly get a team, and they have to score 0-13. 1st team to score all wins. I joined one that started after the AS Break. The Yankees just need 13 to win the Pool for whoever has them. In just 19 games, they have scored 13 different "Runs" (technically, you need to score 14 different #'s)

And here I thought I was doing great with the Blue Jays, needing just 0,6,11, & 12. the only thing that worries me is that the Jays will never get shutout....And Mitre fucked me the other day, one out to go and they were at 6.....then Mitre did his best Chan Ho impersonation

Missed this earlier somehow. I have heard of a 13 run pool but the one I was in was a little different, I believe. I think we put in $162, $1 for each game and everyone gets a team randomly. Each person puts $1 to each game and whenever a persons team scores 13 runs they get the pot and the pot starts over. It was a lot of fun. I think I have heard of it done your way as well.