Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Awwww, man. Gene Michael died.  Built the 90's team and is a Yanks lifer.  A shame.  Big loss.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    Wobbie said:
    you're cheating too, fuckers.
    And so are the 5 teams you root for.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,439
    Yankees Rays game will be played at Citi Field
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Bad loss.

Yanks are definitely signing the Japanese kid if he comes over huh? I don't get why he would come over this year though.
  • Options
    I guess Tanaka is not opting out
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    So maybe otani is not coming over. Yanks used a million of their pool today which would be strange if they were planning on otani
  • Options
    Ace
  • Options
    Aaron!
  • Options
    Aaron!
    McGwires record is in reach.
  • Options
    $25 tickets at CitiField for the Yankee Rays game. If only it was on the weekend
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Playing some good ball 
  • Options
    All rise!!  agian...

I love the "Thumbs Down" !!!
  • Options
    Judge is back
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Sanchez!!
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    74 home runs between the two of them. Insanity 
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Judge is back
    He's killed the birds all year but I do hope he's back!!!
  • Options
    Sanchez has more home runs this season than any Yankee catcher ever. Have had a few decent ones too
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Both of them so young too. Should be a fun few years. 
  • Options
    Both of them so young too. Should be a fun few years. 
    With what looks like an ace in severino, a top 3 prospect in baseball with Torres and money burning a hole in their pocket.

not to mention Frazier 
  • Options
    Sanchez has more home runs this season than any Yankee catcher ever. Have had a few decent ones too
    The only great hitting catcher was Berra.  Posada was average at best.
  • Options
    I am going to go out on a limb and say an .850 career OPS for a catcher is not average at best.

Was a different time but Howard and Munson were obviously pretty decent players themselves
  • Options
    I am going to go out on a limb and say an .850 career OPS for a catcher is not average at best.

Was a different time but Howard and Munson were obviously pretty decent players themselves
    Munson didn't have the longevity unfortunately.  He was robbed of that.

That OPS is misleading.  He's ranked higher than Reggie Jackson, Roberto Clemente and Kirby Puckett.  

As a catcher yes, he was good.  My statement should have been "average at best for a player."  As a catcher batting he was good, so my words were poor.
  • Options

That OPS is misleading.  He's ranked higher than Reggie Jackson, Roberto Clemente and Kirby Puckett.  

As a catcher yes, he was good.  My statement should have been "average at best for a player."  As a catcher batting he was good, so my words were poor.
    Insanity to say that Posada was an average baseball player at best.  Pure insanity.

Reggie has an OPS+ of 139 to Posada's 121, so that is more accurate.
  • Options

Insanity to say that Posada was an average baseball player at best.  Pure insanity.

Great players get inducted into the HOF, average players do not.  That's my bar to go by.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Great players get inducted into the HOF, average players do not.  That's my bar to go by.
    Come again?!?!?  So there are two types of players? Average at best and hall of famers?

Moose, average at best.
    Paul O'Neill, average at best
    Jimmy Key, average at best
    Andy Pettitte, average at best
    Bernie, average at best

Posada was a very good catcher (which is much more valuable than an average position player) and put up some solid offensive numbers for catchers.
  • Options
    Moose was better than average.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options

Come again?!?!?  So there are two types of players? Average at best and hall of famers?

Moose, average at best.
    Paul O'Neill, average at best
    Jimmy Key, average at best
    Andy Pettitte, average at best
    Bernie, average at best

Posada was a very good catcher (which is much more valuable than an average position player) and put up some solid offensive numbers for catchers.
    You can be "above average" and still be average...

All the above I'd put in the above average category.  None of which will make the HOF.  Mussina is the only one with the numbers to perhaps get into the hall.

I do think you are biased in that all these players won championships and put them on a higher pedestal?  

Paul O'Neil was fun to watch, I loved Bernie in center but they are good average players.  They aren't great.  Great for the yankees at the time?  Yes.  Great all time?  No.

The Yankees for a long time could take average players and make them seem way better than what they were.  The teams were so good at playing with one another they just gelled.  There were a whole bunch of players that did better from joining the team.