Options

The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,512
    Yankees were talking extension with Chapman but he wanted to test free agency. So the trade happened
    I miss igotid88
  • Options

igotid88 said:

Now trade Mateo or Torres and Pineda or Nova to the White Sox for Sale

Um, pretty sure sale would take Severino and Judge plus one of the infielders
    I don't know if the W-Sox have a ss in their system. But isn't that what teams want?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,627
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

I don't know if the W-Sox have a ss in their system. But isn't that what teams want?
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

No doubt, but a 19 or 20 year old shortstop and a mediocre pitcher is not going to get one of the best starters in the game. That needs to be multiple top prospects.

• Options

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

No doubt, but a 19 or 20 year old shortstop and a mediocre pitcher is not going to get one of the best starters in the game. That needs to be multiple top prospects.

we basically got Castro and Chapman for nothing. Why not give it a try?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Considering the cubs just got one of the best closers in the game for 2 top 10 prospects, a mediocre prospect, and a bad middle reliever that sounds about right for someone like sale.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Hell yeah, give it a try. But just saying it will take Judge, Severino plus others. Yanks could probably get it done without leaving the system bare which is sweet.
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Definitely think the Yanks did well over the last 8 months. Different for their culture, with a rebuild - but needed. Glad the Cubbies got a premier closer.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,985

Outstanding trade though.

Great trade!!! Love it
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    2 good starts by Pineda. Trade bait or will we hope for the best and hope he figured it out.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    4.5 games back of the 2nd wildcard. That's about .5 games a week for the next 9 weeks. That's doable
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

4.5 games back of the 2nd wildcard. That's about .5 games a week for the next 9 weeks. That's doable

So many teams to jump though. This is their first real good stretch of the year at exactly the wrong time. I think they are what they were earlier in the year...
  • Options
    Almost picked up a game on everybody in front of us except for Detroit and Toronto who came back in the bottom of the 9th.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I wonder what would have happened if we lost these last 2 games and Washington blowing the game the last 2 games.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Trading Miller will hurt more than trading Beltran.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I hope Alex gets to play on his birthday
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I hope they at least gave Alex a cake
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Well I guess it helps that Baltimore, Boston, and Toronto lost
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I'm looking at ARod's game log this year. He's played in 58 games and started in 54. In the games he started they are 29-25. 23-24 in games he didn't start or came in as a pinch hitter. So not playing him is not making much of a difference. Not saying he's the reason they're winning. But if you're winning more when he's in the lineup. I think that trumps him not hitting.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    If we didn't have a great back end of the bullpen the last 20+ years. One can only imagine how good or bad this team would be if we had other team's problems in finding a closer.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Nats could be offering the best pitching prospect in the game for Miller and the Yanks are saying it's not enough.. sheeeeeit. Fine, if they insist on throwing Harper in, I'd think about it
  • Options
    Who will be gone tomorrow?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

Who will be gone tomorrow?

Guessing just Beltran
  • Options
    They might wait until Monday
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,508
    edited July 2016

Nats could be offering the best pitching prospect in the game for Miller and the Yanks are saying it's not enough.. sheeeeeit. Fine, if they insist on throwing Harper in, I'd think about it

That's crazy, if the Yankees are saying that's not enough.

And stupid of the Nats to offer that, if that rumor is true.
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Well you can forget about the Nats as they got former Yankee Melancon
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Miller for two of clevelands too 3 prospects
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,985
    wow! rebuilding has started.

CLEVELAND (AP) — Serious about winning it all this season, the Cleveland Indians acquired left-handed reliever Andrew Miller from the New York Yankees on Sunday in exchange for four players.

The stunning trade came less than 12 hours after the Indians agreed with Milwaukee on a deal to send Brewers All-Star catcher Jonathan Lucroy to Cleveland. That swap is still pending.

However, the deal with the Yankees is official as the Indians sent four minor leaguers, including highly touted outfielder Clint Frazier, to New York in exchange for the 31-year-old Miller, one of baseball's best setup men. The Indians have been lacking a quality lefty in the seventh and eighth innings, and Miller fills that void.

Cleveland had been interested in Miller for weeks, but the club was reluctant to part with any of its top prospects, especially Frazier, a 21-year-old who can hit with power and was recently promoted to Triple-A Columbus.

But with the Indians holding a 4 1/2 game lead in the AL Central over Detroit on Sunday, Indians owner Paul Dolan and president Chris Antonetti felt the time was right to go all in and see if they can win their first World Series since 1948.

The Indians are also feeding off a positive vibe in the city started when the Cavaliers, their next-door-neighbors in Gateway Plaza, won the NBA championship last month to end Cleveland's 52-year title drought.

New York's decision to move Miller comes after the team traded closer Aroldis Chapman to the Chicago Cubs.

Possessing a nearly unhittable slider, the 31-year-old Miller is 6-1 with a 1.39 ERA. He is signed through the 2018 season at $9 million per year. Miller is averaging 15.3 strikeouts per nine innings. He has allowed runs in just eight of 44 appearances.

Miller owns a career ERA of 2.72 with Detroit, Florida, Boston, Baltimore and New York. Indians manager Terry Francona is expected to use him in the eighth inning along with right-hander Bryan Shaw as the bridge to closer Cody Allen.

In addition to Frazier, the Yankees are getting minor league pitchers Justus Sheffield, Ben Heller and J.P. Feyereisen. Sheffield is a left-hander.

Shortly after they beat Oakland on Saturday night, the Indians struck an agreement with Milwaukee for Lucroy, who is batting .300 with 13 homers and 50 RBIs. The Indians have been looking for a catcher — and a right-handed hitter — since Yan Gomes separated his shoulder earlier this month.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Had a feeling we would trade to Cleveland.
    I miss igotid88