The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Not sure if this would be realistic as it seems like part of the reason AA is leaving Toronto is because of Shapiro and having a president, but think the Yanks should promote Cashman to some sort of President of Baseball Operations and hire AA as GM?

I think he is really creative and has done pretty well from a free agent and trade perspective and obviously gotten them to the brink of the world series, but he is leaving with their farm in not a great place. Though they clearly had the chips to make some of the trades.

I think I'd be down with this though. Shake things up a bit.

Haven't you been shiting on Canada and Canadians for the last month and now you want one of us to come and be in charge of the Yankees baseball decisions?
    haha, i have. It doesn't mean he didn't build a good team, though like i said, the farm he is leaving would worry me. I didn't know he was from Canada.

My shitting on Canada was half serious. Not exactly known as a baseball hotbed and your team annoyed me.

That said, touche.
    So the team he built annoyed you and you hated the players on it, but you want him to come to the Yankees to make a team.

I can't see him going to the Yankees though. The current reports are that he's leaving because he's losing control over baseball decisions. If he's working under Hal and Cashman he wouldn't exactly have free reign to do whatever the hell he pleases. I'd guess it's more likely that he'd be the next GM for the Montreal Expos.
    Well he won't be bringing Bautista and Donaldson with him, so I don't have to be worried about two of the biggest turds in baseball playing for the Yanks.

I said just that in my original post. Doesn't seem like a great fit given the reasons he's leaving, but I'd like if the Yankees explored it.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    Alan Cockrell and Marcus Thames to be Yankees hitting coaches
    I miss igotid88
    Mattingly to continue wearing no. 8 in honor of Yogi
    I miss igotid88
    Ugh. Big fan of Murphy.

Ugh. Big fan of Murphy.

Looks like a Gardner trade might ne coming. Heard the Marlins were interested
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Ugh. Big fan of Murphy.

Looks like a Gardner trade might ne coming. Heard the Marlins were interested
    Stanton! Straight up. Seems fair.

Cashman just said he thinks hicks is an everyday player and that Sanchez can play in the majors next year, so there you go.

People seem to like this for the yanks, I was a big fan of Murphy and wanted him to be the everyday catcher eventually though, so kind of disappointed
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888
    igotid88 said:

Congrats Mattingly on your new gig as Marlins manager.

like being valedictorian of the short bus.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Harper...Judge...Sanchez. This may be my favorite yankee article in a while

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/11/19/bryce-harper-new-york-yankees-sweeny-murti/
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/11/19/bryce-harper-new-york-yankees-sweeny-murti/

What kind of contract will Harper get? 10 years/HALF-A-BILLION?>LOL
    cutz said:

What kind of contract will Harper get? 10 years/HALF-A-BILLION?>LOL
    Hopefully. Cash money.
    igotid88 said:
    Didn't see that coming!

hahahahahhahahah. Oh, Robbie...
    I doubt many non-Yankee fans are shedding any tears>LOL

But, i think this is what MLB wanted?

cutz said:

Don't give a fuck what non Yankees fans think, hence why this is in the Yankees thread. Then again, same thing can be said for Boston, they rip fans off more than the yanks acting like a small Market team.
    edited November 2015

cutz said:

Don't give a fuck what non Yankees fans think, hence why this is in the Yankees thread. Then again, same thing can be said for Boston, they rip fans off more than the yanks acting like a small Market team.
    ?????>
    Do you think MLB wanted this?

Post edited by cutz on
    edited December 2015
    Mike and the Mad Dog on today and announced a reunion for charity at Radio City.

Don't know where else to post this.
    edited December 2015
    Preface this by saying that I like Castro a whole lot more than most, but I am down with this trade. Warren is obviously good and I liked him a lot, but I am fine with them flipping him for this. When I started to see these rumors I was nervous but this is just fine for me. I don't think that this will be th consensus among Yankees fans though. Keep in mind how solid cashman has been with trades recently.

I would bet on Castro being a good change of scenery guy, I think Arod can have a big influence and he was also great after the move to 2nd last year.

Yankees hate refsnyder though, huh?
    That said, I do think the Yankees are going to miss warren

I think it's a good trade. And Warren will probably get a better chance to be a starter.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

I think it's a good trade. And Warren will probably get a better chance to be a starter.
    Completely agree
    I saw that the Yankees are looking to sign a backup to McCann. So are we going to have to wait another year for Sanchez? I don't he's ever coming up or staying with us for too long
    I miss igotid88
    Don't you guys think the Yankees NEED a good starting pitcher?(Yeah, i know they have a chance to get one still).

At least ther getting younger with Castro.
    cutz said:

Don't you guys think the Yankees NEED a good starting pitcher?(Yeah, i know they have a chance to get one still).

At least ther getting younger with Castro.

I think they can clearly use another pitcher but I do like tanaka, pineda, severino, evoldi. I think that's pretty solid though they clearly need more consistency out of Pineda.

Middle of the infield both turn 26 this year. Nothing wrong with that.
    Pineda's history of injuries, besides the inconsistency you pointed out, would scare me. Plus, Tanaka and Evoldi had injuries last year too? Severino looks like he's gonna be a good one, but he's not proven. I still think Cashman gets a SP this Winter. Yankees have enough prospects/suspects, to get Fernandez?
    cutz said:

Pineda's history of injuries, besides the inconsistency you pointed out, would scare me. Plus, Tanaka and Evoldi had injuries last year too? Severino looks like he's gonna be a good one, but he's not proven. I still think Cashman gets a SP this Winter. Yankees have enough prospects/suspects, to get Fernandez?

I agree, but I don't think they should be desperate. No shot at Fernandez, I get he is 23 and awesome but the yanks would have to clear the farm and move severino, bird and judge plus more. I can't see the yanks doing that as soon as they finally have some potential impact players. Adding Fernandez would obviously be a good move but given that Miller haul it's going to be impossible.

I don't think the yanks should be all in next year. They are suddenly getting young and I think they should ride this out then go all in on Harper and others in a couple years, right as some of these guys are hopefully hitting their stride
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888
    are you familiar with "The Curse of the ex-Cubs"?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Now this Wilson trade I do not like one bit

Now this Wilson trade I do not like one bit

They can't still be having Miller on the Block now? Can/would they?