The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888

Cc gone in a year or two, Tex gone in a year, arod gone in two, Beltran in one, that's almost $100 million in 4 players with players coming up who will be able to somewhat replace their production. Keep in mind players like Harper and others hit the market around that time, ruh Roh

would harper trade his hair for the money?

yeah, probably.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    They must not like C.C. if that game was for him
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    imalive said:

Cc gone in a year or two, Tex gone in a year, arod gone in two, Beltran in one, that's almost $100 million in 4 players with players coming up who will be able to somewhat replace their production. Keep in mind players like Harper and others hit the market around that time, ruh Roh

yeah, probably.
    I am 99% sure Harper is going to be a Yankee at 26 years old
    So, would you try to trade for Harvey in the offseason?
    I miss igotid88
    edited October 2015
    igotid88 said:

Fuck no. Finally have good prospects and you give them up for him? That would take severino, bird plus more. Yanks have money, plenty of pitchers on the market. Keep the kids on the cheap and pay for what you need.

I mean, orgasmic scenarios would be signing heyward, greinke and getting a pen arm

Bird is going to the minors next year. Second base is ackely/refsnyder. No where to put heyward with Beltran, but I'd try to figure it out
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on

imalive said:

yeah, probably.
    Nats have a buttload of money as well.

my Giants? homegrown infield....maybe homegrown OF plus Pence.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

imalive said:

yeah, probably.
    Nats have a buttload of money as well.

my Giants? homegrown infield....maybe homegrown OF plus Pence.
    Harper wants out and boras is his agent. He will
    Play out his arbitration years and sign for over $300 mil. Gonna be 26. That's insane.

You saying they trade for Harper? He's not getting traded. He's the best player in baseball and makes a few million. You'd have to clear a farm that includes two top 10 in baseball prospects
    Kay and cone talking about the yanks being a home run team yet they don't note who they just got beat by
    edited October 2015

igotid88 said:

Fuck no. Finally have good prospects and you give them up for him? That would take severino, bird plus more. Yanks have money, plenty of pitchers on the market. Keep the kids on the cheap and pay for what you need.

I mean, orgasmic scenarios would be signing heyward, greinke and getting a pen arm

Bird is going to the minors next year. Second base is ackely/refsnyder. No where to put heyward with Beltran, but I'd try to figure it out
    I think Bird will play in the majors a lot next year. I don't see Tex playing a full season. A-Rod will have at least 30 days off.
    I think if they can they should try to trade Gardner. It looked like he was going to have his best year. But like always he disappears in the 2nd half.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    no, no, no....I'm not saying my Giants trade for Harper. we're homegrown. last non-Giant FA we gave more than 2 years to was aaron rowand....yeah :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited October 2015
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

I think Bird will play in the majors a lot next year. I don't see Tex playing a full season. A-Rod will have at least 30 days off.
    I thin if they can they should try to trade Gardner. It looked like he was going to have his best year. But like always he disappears in the 2nd half.
    I don't disagree with this at all. Bird will be up when people get hurt but he's starting in Scranton. He'll get plenty of big league at bats but it depends on inevitable injuries.

I'd be down with a Gardner trade if it means heyward. Would love an ellsbruy, heyward and Beltran outfield next year with ellsbruy, judge and heyward moving forward
    who the hell wants Gardner?

oh yeah, yankees pay salary. and, really, beltran for another year? as wilbon says, father time: undefeated.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    We're still going to need a starter or 2. I don't trust Pineda or Nova. CC found something his last few starts. But I don't know if that's enough. Warren will never be a full time starter. Tanaka and Severino are the only ones I feel good about. And they better not sign Capuano again. I don't think Steve Howe got that many chances.
    I miss igotid88
    imalive said:

oh yeah, yankees pay salary. and, really, beltran for another year? as wilbon says, father time: undefeated.

Plenty of teams would take Gardner at $10 mil....plenty.

I do not like Beltran on the team next year and he was awful to start the year but overall he wasn't close to the biggest of their worries. Who cares about people with 1 year left?! Yanks aren't winning it all next year so it's pointless.

Gotta be looking a couple years out. This team is in good shape
    imalive said:

You have to try.
    I miss igotid88
    please address my yankee stadium = sausage fest.

goodnight.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

goodnight.

It's sports. I'd hope it's dudes. Who goes to a professional sports game to be around broads? The more women the worse the fan base. See Phillies 2008-2009 and pink Red Sox hats.
    Next question.

For all the years you have under your belt, I'd think you'd be better at this whole sports thing.
    Rob goes to a strip club, sees a bunch of chicks and wonders where the dudes are at
    wait.....what?

agree you don't necessarily want the pink hat crowd, but your fan base is a little too Sal, Vinnie and old rich guy heavy.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

wait.....what?

agree you don't necessarily want the pink hat crowd, but your fan base is a little too Sal, Vinnie and old rich guy heavy.

And I assume strip clubs to you are a little too candy, angel and naked women heavy?

Fine with me. Can't imagine who else you want attending games. Watch sports with guys, go
    Home to the women. Boom

Is the Facebook, Twitter and Google crowd better in San Fran? Or how about you and everyone else who is new to the whole Houston Astros thing?
    edited October 2015
    Yep, still disappointing. Fun season though.

Don't expect much next season but get the kids some more experience and at that point refsynder, judge, severino and bird should all be regulars. Add in a couple free agents and they are looking good

Judge will definitely be up at some point next season, but he definitely needs some more at bats in Scranton. Severino should clearly start with the big league club. Bird will be starting in triple a. Refsnyder i think will be at minimum platooning with Ackley at 2nd. Not sure how, but they are going to have to find more at bats for Murphy. Can't make him wait 3 more years.

This year was house money, we got 163 meaningful baseball games. Much more than we have had in the past couple years. Next year is a bit of retooling yeah, though the Yanks will never admit that. Then with all the money coming off the books they should start too look at big name free agents. I don't mind if they don't go after a front line starter this off season. Sure, Greinke would be awesome, but the back portion of that contract could be ugly and that's when they'll need him. This team is in good shape for a really good run starting in a year or two.
    igotid88 said:

We're still going to need a starter or 2. I don't trust Pineda or Nova. CC found something his last few starts. But I don't know if that's enough. Warren will never be a full time starter. Tanaka and Severino are the only ones I feel good about. And they better not sign Capuano again. I don't think Steve Howe got that many chances.

Yeah they definitely need starting pitching. Tanaka, severino, evoldi, Pineda will be the core for sure, but as we saw this year they need more than that
    I didn't have a problem with the booing last night. It was just pent up frustration for a month and a half, but I agree with this and think it was a fun season. One more in the books. Can't wait till February.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2015/10/07/the-yankees-were-booed-last-night-did-they-deserve-it/
    I thought arod's and beltran's 9th inning ABs deserved boos. they were pitiful.

hold on to your hat, cliffy....I had a few barley pops last night. hope I wasn't out of line. that said, I've never liked the "look" of yankee stadium crowd.....and I really hate the poofy seats.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365

imalive said:

goodnight.

It's sports. I'd hope it's dudes. Who goes to a professional sports game to be around broads? The more women the worse the fan base. See Phillies 2008-2009 and pink Red Sox hats.
    Next question.

For all the years you have under your belt, I'd think you'd be better at this whole sports thing.
    Really?!?! The more women the worse the fan base...am I reading that correctly?!? Can someone please tell me what year it is because I think somehow we've been transported back to the 1800s or living under ISIS rule. So, you are basically saying women don't belong at sporting events?!!? Where should we be then??? I am a woman and I love love love attending sporting events and I think I'm damn good company at sporting events. Oh and Go Cubs Go!!!
    I lost a bet...
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834

imalive said:

goodnight.

Next question.

Really?!?! The more women the worse the fan base...am I reading that correctly?!? Can someone please tell me what year it is because I think somehow we've been transported back to the 1800s or living under ISIS rule. So, you are basically saying women don't belong at sporting events?!!? Where should we be then??? I am a woman and I love love love attending sporting events and I think I'm damn good company at sporting events. Oh and Go Cubs Go!!!
    Oh, snap!

Bet you didn't expect cubBEE_girl to show up and kick your dick in.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    dankind said:

imalive said:

goodnight.

Next question.

Oh, snap!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    dankind said:

imalive said:

goodnight.

Next question.

Oh, snap!

Somebody's balls are DEF hurting. Ouch. And Cliffy, not for nothing man, but that's something I'd expect from gf (no offense gf).
    "ISIS rule" :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13