The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Hahaha well I'm not winning this one. I'll just say, I have no problem with women sports fans, have dated people who love sports and my current wife is not a big sports fan. I have had great times at games with women and my boys, the better times happening with the latter. I was just saying I see nothing wrong with a stadium full of dudes.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

Hahaha well I'm not winning this one. I'll just say, I have no problem with women sports fans, have dated people who love sports and my current wife is not a big sports fan. I have had great times at games with women and my boys, the better times happening with the latter. I was just saying I see nothing wrong with a stadium full of dudes.

your "current wife." haha....that sounds kind of funny to me.
    www.myspace.com
    edited October 2015

your "current wife." haha....that sounds kind of funny to me.
    haha yeah, wtf. I don't know where that came from.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • #current
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

#current

:lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    hahahah.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888
    Cliffy..... some good looking women at the Astros game....even if they don't belong. :wink:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

Cliffy..... some good looking women at the Astros game....even if they don't belong. :wink:

Pink hats, my man. This is what happens when a team instantly get good. Pretty sure they don't know what a balk is but are all of a sudden the biggest fans ever.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    imalive said:

That like to party too: http://www.rantsports.com/clubhouse/2015/10/12/female-fan-shamelessly-snorts-cocaine-during-astros-royals-playoff-game/
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    I miss igotid88
    From George King of the New York Post: The Yankees are not bringing back hitting coach Jeff Pentland or bullpen coach Gary Tuck
    I miss igotid88
    To be honest i didn't even know who the hitting coach was, Barely heard or saw him mentioned.
    I miss igotid88

imalive said:

Pink hats, my man. This is what happens when a team instantly get good. Pretty sure they don't know what a balk is but are all of a sudden the biggest fans ever.
    to be honest, I'm not sure I understand the balk rule :wink:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    It would appear as if your old friend Neillybabes is a Mets fan now...
    www.myspace.com
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Question for the Yankees fans:
    You rooting for the Mets against the Cubs?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    ldent42 said:

I was kind of indifferent in this series, either story would be cool, but given that I don't particularly like either AL team (one more than the other), I will be pulling for the NL in the world series.
    seriously.....how bad would it chap the ass of the average yankees fan if the mets were to win it all?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    ldent42 said:

Cubs. But Mets for the World Series now. Since I don't like those AL teams. Although I don't hate the mets
    I miss igotid88
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I'm pretty sure Yankee fans will still talk shit about the Mets even if they win the whole series. I think the bigger question is, will Murphy be a Yankee next year? :lol:

(Disclaimer: I don't give a shit if the Mets lose, but I'll be happy for them if they win. A lot of my friends are Mets fans. Let's go Blue Jays!)
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    ldent42 said:

I'm pretty sure Yankee fans will still talk shit about the Mets even if they win the whole series. I think the bigger question is, will Murphy be a Yankee next year? :lol:

(Disclaimer: I don't give a shit if the Mets lose, but I'll be happy for them if they win. A lot of my friends are Mets fans. Let's go Blue Jays!)

He shouldn't be. Unless maybe he plays 3rd base. But not for the money he's going to want.
    I miss igotid88
  • ldent42 said:

i was rooting for the cubs... now i don't care who wins.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    Not sure if this would be realistic as it seems like part of the reason AA is leaving Toronto is because of Shapiro and having a president, but think the Yanks should promote Cashman to some sort of President of Baseball Operations and hire AA as GM?

I think he is really creative and has done pretty well from a free agent and trade perspective and obviously gotten them to the brink of the world series, but he is leaving with their farm in not a great place. Though they clearly had the chips to make some of the trades.

I think I'd be down with this though. Shake things up a bit.
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118

Not sure if this would be realistic as it seems like part of the reason AA is leaving Toronto is because of Shapiro and having a president, but think the Yanks should promote Cashman to some sort of President of Baseball Operations and hire AA as GM?

I think he is really creative and has done pretty well from a free agent and trade perspective and obviously gotten them to the brink of the world series, but he is leaving with their farm in not a great place. Though they clearly had the chips to make some of the trades.

Haven't you been shiting on Canada and Canadians for the last month and now you want one of us to come and be in charge of the Yankees baseball decisions?
    edited October 2015

Haven't you been shiting on Canada and Canadians for the last month and now you want one of us to come and be in charge of the Yankees baseball decisions?
    haha, i have. It doesn't mean he didn't build a good team, though like i said, the farm he is leaving would worry me. I didn't know he was from Canada.

My shitting on Canada was half serious. Not exactly known as a baseball hotbed and your team annoyed me.

That said, touche.
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118

haha, i have. It doesn't mean he didn't build a good team, though like i said, the farm he is leaving would worry me. I didn't know he was from Canada.

My shitting on Canada was half serious. Not exactly known as a baseball hotbed and your team annoyed me.

That said, touche.
    So the team he built annoyed you and you hated the players on it, but you want him to come to the Yankees to make a team.

I can't see him going to the Yankees though. The current reports are that he's leaving because he's losing control over baseball decisions. If he's working under Hal and Cashman he wouldn't exactly have free reign to do whatever the hell he pleases. I'd guess it's more likely that he'd be the next GM for the Montreal Expos.
    edited October 2015
    Alex on the Michael Kay Show. They're broadcasting from a sports bar. I passed by to sneak a peek. But I guess they're in the back somewhere.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88

Arn Anderson
    I miss igotid88
    Congrats Mattingly on your new gig as Marlins manager.
    I miss igotid88