The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• White Sox GM Rick Hahn declining comment on the Rodriguez situation:

"You've seen how this team has played: I've got 99 problems and ARod isn't one."
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    like no one is appealing except arod ... :lol::lol:

No one else got 211 games

:lol:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    I want to thank my family, friends and fans who have stood by my side through all of this." - Alex Rodriguez

all 3 of them.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I think not much has changed with this guy:

http://gothamhub.com/2013/08/now-suspen ... h-changes/
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    RW81233 wrote:

Phenomenal. Watched this video the other day and bookmarked it. Possibly the best month or so ever. Yankees playoff run, went to game two against the Angels when he tied it up in the rain. Then Pearl Jam at the Spectrum. Awesome.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    he was so freaking good that month...thank god for PEDs
    RW81233 wrote:
    he was so freaking good that month...thank god for PEDs

Incredible. So much fun to watch. I love how all these baseball writers are offended, butt hurt and crying about Arod cheating or lying.

Best part is, he didn't lie yesterday so now they are calling him a cheater. And if he lied yesterday, they would have calling him a lying cheater. I fucking hate them.

This story doesn't change a god damn thing about 2009 for me.

And this...

"Postseason MVP. Wow," Rodriguez said Saturday night. Pausing for effect he added, "What's next, the good guy award?"
    ya ... cuz winning is everything ... flash before substance ... sooo NY ...
    polaris x if MLB went the way of bodybuilding and had a "clean" division with no PEDs and an "open" division with a "free for all" policy regarding PEDs which version of the game are you watching? you think the best athletes are going to stick it out in the "clean" division? NFW...
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    polaris_x wrote:

How are the Blue Jays Doing? :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    RW81233 wrote:
    polaris x if MLB went the way of bodybuilding and had a "clean" division with no PEDs and an "open" division with a "free for all" policy regarding PEDs which version of the game are you watching? you think the best athletes are going to stick it out in the "clean" division? NFW...

i might be naive here but i think most mlb players aren't on PEDs ... so, most of the talent is "clean" ... granted ... these suspensions only came about because of a whistleblower so it's quite possible most guys are cheating ... but based on the general reaction of the players ... i believe they want to play and compete in a "clean" environment ...

but i'm a different breed too than most ... i really don't care for stats and records and wins if the athlete is a douchebag ... and AROD is above everything else one of the biggest out there ... ya - so, are a lot of athletes but it doesn't make him any better ... the guy is getting 211 games because of lying and obstructing the investigation ... threatening and bullying people ... that's sooo lance armstrong and guys like that i just have no respect for ...
    polaris_x wrote:

hey ... honestly ... right now - i'd much rather be a jays fan than a yankees one ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

hey ... honestly ... right now - i'd much rather be a jays fan than a yankees one ...

A) A-Rod isn't the Yankees

B) Weren't you guys picked to win it all this year and you're in last place

c) If you think Bautista isn't using, I have bad news for you.
    That's the thing this was one person who decided to flip on 15...what about the others who are using but their guy isn't flipping?
    Welp, that about does it. Hopefully they don't put this nonsense on the field again next year.

a. ya ... but watching yankee fans support a guy that is perpetually hated by pretty much everyone else says a lot ...

b. not by any major sports publication ... and ya - we're in last place in the toughest division in baseball ... sure, it sucks but right now i'd rather be a jays fan then someone having to cheer for this douche ...

c. you got any proof ... like anything? ... or is this another it's ok for arod cuz everyone's using? ...

and i will reiterate my position on PEDs and the people who use them ... i don't care if someone uses them because obviously there is a shit load of money at stake here ... what bothers me is when they are caught they don't have the decency to own up to it ... instead lie and try and bully other people because they have a shit load of money to pay lawyers (see lance armstrong) - arod's doing the exact same thing ...
    polaris_x wrote:

a. ya ... but watching yankee fans support a guy that is perpetually hated by pretty much everyone else says a lot ...

b. not by any major sports publication ... and ya - we're in last place in the toughest division in baseball ... sure, it sucks but right now i'd rather be a jays fan then someone having to cheer for this douche ...

c. you got any proof ... like anything? ... or is this another it's ok for arod cuz everyone's using? ...

and i will reiterate my position on PEDs and the people who use them ... i don't care if someone uses them because obviously there is a shit load of money at stake here ... what bothers me is when they are caught they don't have the decency to own up to it ... instead lie and try and bully other people because they have a shit load of money to pay lawyers (see lance armstrong) - arod's doing the exact same thing ...

Tune in Friday night to see how much Yankees fans support Arod. I don't disagree with your stance on PEDs
    well this is the thing...if you tell the truth, in the present moment, you are totally fucked. why not just open it up, and let everyone be honest with what they are doing. i mean aaron and mays were amphetamined up, mike schmidt same, the 85 mets and 79 pirates were coke fiends, and we celebrate these teams and players. why? because we really don't care...so i say stop pretending.
  • well if you want to get all speculative, you could follow this lead:

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/jeff-schultz ... ked-power/
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    RW81233 wrote:
    well this is the thing...if you tell the truth, in the present moment, you are totally fucked. why not just open it up, and let everyone be honest with what they are doing. i mean aaron and mays were amphetamined up, mike schmidt same, the 85 mets and 79 pirates were coke fiends, and we celebrate these teams and players. why? because we really don't care...so i say stop pretending.

sure ... but then why not allow aluminum bats? ... corked bats? ... we'd get more home runs and that's the only thing that matters right? ... why not let pitchers scuff the ball and apply shit ... they are doing it now anyways ...
    polaris_x wrote:

2006 - AB-400 HR-16
    2007 - AB-532 HR-15
    2008 - AB-370 HR-15
    2009 - AB-404 HR-13
    2010 - AB-569 HR-54
    2011 - AB-513 HR-43

His explanation behind the Sudden Power Surge, he adjusted his batting stance...Really?.....Really?

This shit is wide spread and Bud is trying to make an example out of A-Rod because he couldn't nail Clemens, Mcguire, Sosa, Etc.. Bud Knew, he Knew in the 90's (as did all the owners)and did nothing because it brought the fans back and everybody got Rich. Now he wants to act like some White Knight who's cleaning up the Game and has guys like you cheering him on. He's as guilty as any Cheater in the game.
    [
    2006 - AB-400 HR-16
    2007 - AB-532 HR-15
    2008 - AB-370 HR-15
    2009 - AB-404 HR-13
    2010 - AB-569 HR-54
    2011 - AB-513 HR-43

His explanation behind the Sudden Power Surge, he adjusted his batting stance...Really?.....Really?

This shit is wide spread and Bud is trying to make an example out of A-Rod because he couldn't nail Clemens, Mcguire, Sosa, Etc.. Bud Knew, he Knew in the 90's (as did all the owners)and did nothing because it brought the fans back and everybody got Rich. Now he wants to act like some White Knight who's cleaning up the Game and has guys like you cheering him on. He's as guilty as any Cheater in the game.

1. people have been accusing bautista for a while and he's always said that he will take drug tests anywhere at anytime ... but either way - if he was implicated ... no way i would cheer for that guy ...

2. i can't stand bud selig ... and you are right about everything you said but it still doesn't change anything about arod ... again - just like bonds before him and mcgwire ... he's taken the road of the coward ... plus, this is his second time getting caught ... he admitted to PED use before and told us how it was a horrible mistake ... and now, he's caught again!? ... fuck this guy ...
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,767
    I'm sure someone already came up with this theory. But what if Alex used Ped's with Biogenesis to come back from injury? Like Pettitte before him supposedly said he used them for. The years they said he was involved with them he was injured in basically all those years. It's not like he was at 100% these last few years. What if he was at 50-60% and wanted to get into playing shape? Will it change what people think if that was the case? Not saying whether it's right or wrong. I guess we'll keep know when everything comes out or when he tells his side.
    I miss igotid88
    polaris_x wrote:
    [
    2006 - AB-400 HR-16
    2007 - AB-532 HR-15
    2008 - AB-370 HR-15
    2009 - AB-404 HR-13
    2010 - AB-569 HR-54
    2011 - AB-513 HR-43

1. people have been accusing bautista for a while and he's always said that he will take drug tests anywhere at anytime ... but either way - if he was implicated ... no way i would cheer for that guy ...

2. i can't stand bud selig ... and you are right about everything you said but it still doesn't change anything about arod ... again - just like bonds before him and mcgwire ... he's taken the road of the coward ... plus, this is his second time getting caught ... he admitted to PED use before and told us how it was a horrible mistake ... and now, he's caught again!? ... fuck this guy ...

I get defensive Polaris, sorry i attacked your guy.
    I get defensive Polaris, sorry i attacked your guy.

no need to apologize ... it's a totally fair accusation ... and honestly, i don't know and i'm not willing to bet a shoelace on it one way or the other ...
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    igotid88 wrote:
    I'm sure someone already came up with this theory. But what if Alex used Ped's with Biogenesis to come back from injury? Like Pettitte before him supposedly said he used them for. The years they said he was involved with them he was injured in basically all those years. It's not like he was at 100% these last few years. What if he was at 50-60% and wanted to get into playing shape? Will it change what people think if that was the case? Not saying whether it's right or wrong. I guess we'll keep know when everything comes out or when he tells his side.

what if frogs had wings?

they wouldn't bump their butts when they hopped.

and we won't know shit when a-fraud "tells his side"
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    polaris_x wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

sure ... but then why not allow aluminum bats? ... corked bats? ... we'd get more home runs and that's the only thing that matters right? ... why not let pitchers scuff the ball and apply shit ... they are doing it now anyways ...
    look i once believed in santa claus and "doing the right thing," and I really wished players did. however santa isn't real, just like "clean" playing on an "even playing field" isn't (didn't jetes fake getting hit by a ball a year or so back and get celebrated for his "gamesmanship" when he fucking cheated?)...i choose not to believe in the baseball santa claus that there is any such thing as a level playing field. fuck it i say let them do whatever all they are is entertainers. also when the beatles and pearl jam return all their platinum for performance enhancing drugs because they didn't do it cleanly i will fight for no peds in baseball. :lol:
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,767
    imalive wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

what if frogs had wings?

they wouldn't bump their butts when they hopped.

and we won't know shit when a-fraud "tells his side"

How do you know they wouldn't bump their butts?
    I miss igotid88
    Wow this team is bad. Glad I didn't stay up for that