Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • You know what, if they can beat this slump, it might help them if they make the playoffs. They will go in more careful instead of flying high. ( :lol: just trying to put a positive spin on it)
    It definitely exposed their weaknesses...and im not just saying this as a fan, this slump cant last forever!

I keep seeing in the boxscores K, K, K in the Granderson column...drop the bum! ;) or get him to bunt or practice some slap hitting to the opposite filed?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    You know what, if they can beat this slump, it might help them if they make the playoffs. They will go in more careful instead of flying high. ( :lol: just trying to put a positive spin on it)
    It definitely exposed their weaknesses...and im not just saying this as a fan, this slump cant last forever!

I keep seeing in the boxscores K, K, K in the Granderson column...drop the bum! ;) or get him to bunt or practice some slap hitting to the opposite filed?

Granderson tries to pull everything. Very frustrating to watch. I understand he has power but I think he's batting .233 or something. You're right. Just take the ball the other way and run.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,917
    You know what, if they can beat this slump, it might help them if they make the playoffs.

there was that one year, they stumbled in and then (I think) won the whole fucking thing.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    You know what, if they can beat this slump, it might help them if they make the playoffs.

there was that one year, they stumbled in and then (I think) won the whole fucking thing.

• DS1119 wrote:
    You know what, if they can beat this slump, it might help them if they make the playoffs. They will go in more careful instead of flying high. ( :lol: just trying to put a positive spin on it)

Granderson tries to pull everything. Very frustrating to watch. I understand he has power but I think he's batting .233 or something. You're right. Just take the ball the other way and run.

Its ridiculous. I think he has over 150 K's. I wonder what team leads the league in K's batting?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    DS1119 wrote:

Its ridiculous. I think he has over 150 K's. I wonder what team leads the league in K's batting?

Houston. Just looked it up. :lol:
  • DS1119 wrote:
    I wonder what team leads the league in K's batting?

Oh yeah, that doesnt surprise me! I shouldve been more clear -- what major league team leads the league in K's? :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I wonder what team leads the league in K's batting?

Oh yeah, that doesnt surprise me! I shouldve been more clear -- what major league team leads the league in K's? :lol:

Wow. :lol:
    Andy says he's ready to pitch. Come one man.

Nova to start Saturday as well.
  • DS1119 wrote:

I hate to see what this guy looks like in a few years, no way the Yankees should extend him, pick up the option and let him walk after next season.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    when did this thread turn into such a circle jerk?

i went from living in NYC and having a 25 game season seat package, to moving to chicago, going to one or two yankee games a year (when they visit US cellular), only watching their games when they are on ESPN (not home enough to buy the MLB package). i always turned to this thread for some good information on the team from cliffy, igotid, x-man, and of course neily's shit talking about opposing teams. big lurker in this thread this season because there is too much shit talking and fighting amongst yankee fans. it's pathetic.

i think we've all been around and following the yankees long enough to live through the miserable late 80's and early 90's teams. to call this team a joke, hopeless, miserable, shitty is very....... short sighted. very average since the all star break but even still, this year's squad can still realistically win 90+ games and then we will see who is the most deserving in the league when the playoffs roll around.

a yankee fan in this thread could take notes from the Broadway Blueshirts Thread where the common enemy is the rival teams and PhantomPain and 81 ( :) )

will be back in the bronx on 9/21 to see the yanks take on oakland. FIRED UP!
  • Great game for phelps so far especially after his last start
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

36 :D
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

37 :D
    I'd like to see the footage of Acevs leaving the mound they were referencing.
    No no no. Please not Jeter. :fp:
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,780
    Oh No. Not Jeter now
    I miss igotid88
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Jeter got hit?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Jeter got hit?

That leg injurt from last week. Looks like he tweeked it pretty good this time running to first base. I HOPE he's out just for precaution.
    Phew
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Just saw the Jeter play. Heard on Sportscenter he's likely to play tomorrow.

Also, Cody Ross is a douche bag.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    Jeter is going to play, just a tough time of year to have him with a nagging injury. Everyone's banged up right now though.

Gasp, what a game. If they lost that, I don't know what I would have done. Up 5-1 with Ellsbury being the only decent hitter in the lineup. That would have been brutal.

Granderson might screw this up but X-Man gave me this stat the other day and I thought I'd post it here. The last time the Yankees had a winning season without a 100 RBI guy was 1979. I found that pretty wild. Granderson has a pretty good chance at getting there though.

1 more hit to tie Willie Mays for Jeter. Not that he isn't already in elite company but Willie Mays....fuck. That's incredible.

Hell of a start from Phelps. Has to be his best as a Yankee.

Freddy seems to have made his last start for the Yankees. All in all, the Yanks got more out of him these past two years than I would have expected. He ate up some innings, especially last year.
  • I keep seeing in the boxscores K, K, K in the Granderson column...drop the bum! ;) or get him to bunt or practice some slap hitting to the opposite filed?

37 :D

:shock:
    Well, now I feel silly.
    Until tonight. ;)
  • i think the rays win today

obviously big game tonight for us .....

gonna be a wild finish
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    :shock:
    Well, now I feel silly.
    Until tonight. ;)

DOn't feel silly. He still had 2 K's last night. :lol:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    A look at the rotation here on out.

http://riveraveblues.com/2012/09/mappin ... ear-75850/

I'd have to imagine they will skip Hughes and go with CC if they have to play in the Wild Card game.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,917
    Newch91 wrote:

Also, Cody Ross is a douche bag.

don't know what you're referencing.....but cody ross is a cool dude.

(his name spelled backwards is ssory doc :lol: )
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16