The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Joba! Wow! :clap:
    Keep trying for the 5 run HR to lead of an inning Cano. Especially trying to pull a ball low and away! :fp: :lol:
    5 straight games with 6 hits or less. Holy shit! :fp:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Have Faith! rings arent delivered on a platter, gotta earn em.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Went to Cervelli. Good to see it. The guy plays with some heart. I wouldn't mind seeing him behind the plate for the rest of the year actually. Never should have been sent down.
    I like "Gazoo", I agree he should of never been sent down.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Have Faith! rings arent delivered on a platter, gotta earn em.

boom.

shit ton of games left, shit ton against the division.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Been saying to watch for Baltimore. Now tied with them for the AL East lead. Can't be losing these games.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Been saying to watch for Baltimore. Now tied with them for the AL East lead. Can't be losing these games.

I agree. I will also add that I took a lot of shit in this thread during the middle part of this year from someone in particuliar that I will leave unnamed when I pointed out the team's weakness'...dependance on the HR...not a lot of emotion and heart...can't hit with runner's in scoring position. The team is stale right now. Can they do it? Yes, they have talent. Will they? Not sure. They need to string a few wins together first.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,780
    Not everyday a -31 run differential team is in 1st place. We can right that this weekend.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Not everyday a -31 run differential team is in 1st place. We can right that this weekend.

Hope so. I really do. But I'm setting myself up for the worst.l I just don;t see it. They are playing like sacrificial lambs right now going out to slaughter.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    edited September 2012
    Opening day. New season starts today.

27 game season

Brutal stretch. Glad I have missed almost everything the past week.
    igotid88 wrote:

Baltimore sucks.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I agree. I will also add that I took a lot of shit in this thread during the middle part of this year from someone in particuliar that I will leave unnamed when I pointed out the team's weakness'...dependance on the HR...not a lot of emotion and heart...can't hit with runner's in scoring position. The team is stale right now. Can they do it? Yes, they have talent. Will they? Not sure. They need to string a few wins together first.

:lol:

Grow a set of balls, dude. You were crying at the drop of a hat about a team playing .600 baseball. Every aspect of the team has gone to shit over the last couple months, not just the offense.

You love cliches
  • im at a loss for words .... crazy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

:lol:

Grow a set of balls, dude. You were crying at the drop of a hat about a team playing .600 baseball. Every aspect of the team has gone to shit over the last couple months, not just the offense.

You love cliches

I have balls. I just choose to try and stay respectful. I'm sure you will come back with some insults about me being stupid or foolish...but everything I said has come true. Everything I got ripped about has come true. I'm still waiting for the team's batting average with RISP "to resort back to the mean". :lol:
    Oh please...respect. You put a fucking smile of some sort after everything you fucking write to play off all the condescending bullshit that comes out of you. Give me a fucking break.

The rotation was pitching to a 2 something ERA
    The bullpen was the best in baseball
    And they were scoring runs.

None of those things are happening still. It's as simple as that. CC hasn't been the same this year, Pettitte is hurt, Nova fucking blows (I can bring up predictions too!), Arod was/is hurt, Tex is hurt, Granderson has been striking out at an alamring rate, Jones has gone down hill fast, etc. I really don't give a shit about the home runs, it's been a perfect storm of shit going wrong.

27 game season. If they get hot, they'll do damage, if not, they won't.

I'd let Granderson walk after next year. For the money they will get, I'd sign Swiser over Granderson any day. Great guy, hate the strike outs.

This place blows.....you know where to find me.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Oh please...respect. You put a fucking smile of some sort after everything you fucking write to play off all the condescending bullshit that comes out of you. Give me a fucking break.

None of those things are happening still. It's as simple as that. CC hasn't been the same this year, Pettitte is hurt, Nova fucking blows (I can bring up predictions too!), Arod was/is hurt, Tex is hurt, Granderson has been striking out at an alamring rate, Jones has gone down hill fast, etc. I really don't give a shit about the home runs, it's been a perfect storm of shit going wrong.

I'd let Granderson walk after next year. For the money they will get, I'd sign Swiser over Granderson any day. Great guy, hate the strike outs.

All the rest of the teams had injuries too. The Nationals seem to be doing just fine. The dodgers seem to being doing fine. The Rays seem to be doing fine, etc. The Yankee bench could be starters for a majority of the other teams out there. :lol: I don't talk condescending to anyone. Perhaps you just don't like to hear what I have to say which is fine. Bottom line is the team has blown a 10 1/2 game lead, trending downward, tied for a wild card spot :? , and still doesn't do anything I said the team had problems doing all year. :?
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Every aspect of the team has gone to shit over the last couple months, not just the offense.

This is true. The pitching has gone downhill. Middle and late relief seem to be dropping the ball a bit. I cringe at Joba and Lowe recently. Injuries to Pettite and CC...Tex, Arod..
    And Cano was on a tear right up until this downward spiral.

And yeah, drop Granderson next year.
    I like that they shook things up with Cervelli. Hopefully he can add something more than Martin.

And I keep hoping this trade will get Ichiro going. I hope he still has the potential.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Every aspect of the team has gone to shit over the last couple months, not just the offense.

This is true. The pitching has gone downhill. Middle and late relief seem to be dropping the ball a bit. I cringe at Joba and Lowe recently. Injuries to Pettite and CC...Tex, Arod..

I like that they shook things up with Cervelli. Hopefully he can add something more than Martin.

And I keep hoping this trade will get Ichiro going. I hope he still has the potential.

Cervelli I certainly hope get's every single start from here on out. He plays with fire. And even if he hits .200 it certainly isn't any worse than what Martin is giving.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Cervelli I certainly hope get's every single start from here on out. He plays with fire. And even if he hits .200 it certainly isn't any worse than what Martin is giving.

I hope so too. Martin had plenty of time to prove himself. Do you know if Martin was sent down? I liked what I saw with Cervelli last year, and I'd assume its tough to come in after someone like Posada and prove yourself, but not so tough coming in after Martin. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I hope so too. Martin had plenty of time to prove himself. Do you know if Martin was sent down? I liked what I saw with Cervelli last year, and I'd assume its tough to come in after someone like Posada and prove yourself, but not so tough coming in after Martin. :lol:

Martin is still there. Cervelli just came up with the roster expansion.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,918
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:corn:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

All the rest of the teams had injuries too. The Nationals seem to be doing just fine. The dodgers seem to being doing fine. The Rays seem to be doing fine, etc. The Yankee bench could be starters for a majority of the other teams out there. :lol: I don't talk condescending to anyone. Perhaps you just don't like to hear what I have to say which is fine. Bottom line is the team has blown a 10 1/2 game lead, trending downward, tied for a wild card spot :? , and still doesn't do anything I said the team had problems doing all year. :?

It's funny because as bad as the Yankees have been, 2 of the 3 teams you mentioned have worse records than the Yankees and would miss the playoffs if the season ended today. You also just so happened to leave out the second and third highest payroll teams in the game and their injuries. Those two seem to be doing just fine as well, right?

I didn't blame it all on injuries in the least....see CC, Granderson, Jones, Nova...Injuries have also been a factor but the bullpen, rotation and everything else I mentioned can't be blamed on t hat.
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:corn:

In the words of Sir Charles.....Turrible.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

It's funny because as bad as the Yankees have been, 2 of the 3 teams you mentioned have worse records than the Yankees and would miss the playoffs if the season ended today. You also just so happened to leave out the second and third highest payroll teams in the game and their injuries. Those two seem to be doing just fine as well, right?

I didn't blame it all on injuries in the least....see CC, Granderson, Jones, Nova...Injuries have also been a factor but the bullpen, rotation and everything else I mentioned can't be blamed on t hat.

Blaming injuries is a cop out. The team is playing like shit and it wasn't even a good team when they were winning. They relied way too much on the HR adn now it shows. They still don't hit with RISP and they simply don't move runners along.
    I repeat

Reading comprehension. It's not difficult.
  • not agressive enough on the bases...3rd base coach blows..no hit and runs ...all that good stuff is missing

they really need this game tonight

p.s. cliffy ...i really don't know where to find you...i don't think i saved ur address :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I repeat

Reading comprehension. It's not difficult.

I aslo read somewhere that the team's batting average with RISP would resort back to the mean. Seems I comprehended that here somewhere. :lol: And Granderson and Jones are doing nothing different other than the fact they aren't hitting HR's anymore. Something the team can't win without. :lol:
    not agressive enough on the bases...3rd base coach blows..no hit and runs ...all that good stuff is missing

they really need this game tonight

p.s. cliffy ...i really don't know where to find you...i don't think i saved ur address :mrgreen:

No heart. The team plays with no heart...no emotion. Even Jeter looks like a lump out there when you see his face. :fp:
    YAY! More cliches