The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    aight we'll take a split after being down 0-2

big hits in the 8th
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    They need to figure this out or this team is going to get caught. :fp:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    Fuck the Orioles. They're not catching shit. Tampa is good though. The fucking Orioles's....people are worried about he Orioles :lol: You'd think some people here are used to cheering for the Blue Jays. The Blue Jays worry about the Orioles...not the Yankees.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    DS1119 wrote:
    A-Rod can take his sweat time coming back!

I could care less if he ever comes back. Wish the Yankees could even just justify losing a lot money to get him the hell out of there. I'm not an ARod fan. :lol:

it is hilarious
    makes me laugh everytime
    :lol:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Great moments in broadcasting, apparently Sterling did this the other night

1) He called a pitch to Casey McGehee a swinging strike. Wrong; way off.
    2) He next changed that to tell us that McGehee actually hit a fly ball down the left-field line, foul and out of play (Sterling went oh-for-three on that one).
    3) He next noted that McGehee was on second, being held by the throw.
    4) He next reasoned that McGehee reached second on a grounds-rule double (then why/how the throw to second?). Wrong, again.
    5) He and Suzyn Waldman then said the ball must have crossed third fair, then first hit the ground in foul territory, thus it was fair (pure nonsense; that’s a foul ball).
    One pitch, six wrong radio calls. What really happened? McGhee doubled down the line.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Great moments in broadcasting, apparently Sterling did this the other night

2) He next changed that to tell us that McGehee actually hit a fly ball down the left-field line, foul and out of play (Sterling went oh-for-three on that one).
    4) He next reasoned that McGehee reached second on a grounds-rule double (then why/how the throw to second?). Wrong, again.
    5) He and Suzyn Waldman then said the ball must have crossed third fair, then first hit the ground in foul territory, thus it was fair (pure nonsense; that’s a foul ball).
    One pitch, six wrong radio calls. What really happened? McGhee doubled down the line.

You want this guy back? steiner.jpg

Here you go....with Carton, unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOhgFjm9 ... r_embedded

Fucking terrible. God, I hate that man.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560

You want this guy back? steiner.jpg
    Dear God no!

I want this guy back:

phil-rizzuto.jpg
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    I want this guy back:

phil-rizzuto.jpg

I loved him and Seaver!
    Newch91 wrote:
    I want this guy back:

phil-rizzuto.jpg

I loved him and Seaver!
    Throw in Bobby Murcer also. At least we Singleton.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    I want this guy back:

phil-rizzuto.jpg

I loved him and Seaver!

Yes! it was amazing, you couldnt even tell Murcer was sick, i kept thinking he'd make it through :(
    White and Scooter on WPIX were the best.
    Jackpot. Have one of the stupid weekday games that are thrown in my package next Tuesday and I just had a meeting in New York set up for Tuesday. Thought I was going to miss it, but now Amtrak both ways. Boom. Should be a good game too.
    DS1119 wrote:
    White and Scooter on WPIX were the best.

definitely
    :thumbup:
    platessmall.jpg
    Newch91 wrote:
    I loved him and Seaver!

Yes! it was amazing, you couldnt even tell Murcer was sick, i kept thinking he'd make it through :(
    :cry: It was so sad. You didn't think he was sick at all. I was crying when I found out he died. He was my favorite announcer at the time.

I loved Bobby during Old Timer's Day, especially the one with Matsui as his batting coach. :lol:
    Same shit my dad died from. Bullshit fucking cancer. My old man didn't last nearly as long as him (but his hemorrhaged) but no one that age has a shot. Same shit Gary Carter died from too. At that age, with a perfect surgery, you have a year or so, at most.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Same shit my dad died from. Bullshit fucking cancer. My old man didn't last nearly as long as him (but his hemorrhaged) but no one that age has a shot. Same shit Gary Carter died from too. At that age, with a perfect surgery, you have a year or so, at most.

Sorry Man, lost my co-worker of 19 years, last year, day before Jeter hit his 3000, cant think about the one with out the other now. Fuckin Cancer.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Sorry Man, lost my co-worker of 19 years, last year, day before Jeter hit his 3000, cant think about the one with out the other now. Fuckin Cancer.

Thanks, man. You too. Been about 17 months. Miss the dude like crazy, but what can you do. Obviously baseball and your old man go hand in hand a lot of the time, so it has hit me here and there at games and watching big moments and all that. Fucking cancer is right.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Thanks, man. You too. Been about 17 months. Miss the dude like crazy, but what can you do. Obviously baseball and your old man go hand in hand a lot of the time, so it has hit me here and there at games and watching big moments and all that. Fucking cancer is right.

Man last week was my dad's birthday and i forget to call :fp: my moms called me the next day to ask if everything was alright, i'm like ya fine why? i never do shit like this, but it was Friday and i was just glad the week was over, honestly slipped my mind, but am i ever in the dog house :(
    condolences on the losses to you both.

Its a little clearer why you guys are so passionate about the game and the team

Lets Go Yankees

Romero looking a little rough early,..
    platessmall.jpg
    CC back to the DL with elbow inflammation. Joe Girardi "nothing to be concerned about". :fp:

Yeah, you put your ace on the DL with "nothing to be concerned about" in the middle of August and in the middle of a slide. Not good in my opinion. :fp:
    Derek Lowe is now a Yankee. This is going to be a long month in Yankee land. :fp:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    oh man CC not good ..elbow :fp:

after a solid win to

dammm uuuuuu
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

after a solid win to

dammm uuuuuu

I agree. Not good. How does this team constantly have such issues with starting pitching year after year? It's mind boggling. :? Again this year it appeared there was WAY too much starting pitching and all of a sudden we're picking up Derek Lowe off the scrap heap in August. :lol: :fp: DO you think they put some urgency back in to getting Pettite ready? :lol:

after a solid win to

dammm uuuuuu

Yeah, that sucks. The lack of concern seems to be that it isn't structural. That would blow. Have to play it safe. CC in the long run is a whole lot more important than this season.

I can't be concerned about the Derek Lowe move. He's going to be in the bullpen and is essentially free so no real risk. With Phelps going to the rotation, just need someone to eat innings here and there.

4 in a row. Hopefully make it 5 tomorrow with a huge series against Texas coming up. Can't wait for Tuesday.
    Pitchers get hurt. That's baseball
    Kuroda is now the ace of the staff I guess. He's pitching well right now but shit...I can't trust this guy if the Yankees can make the playoffs. Need to get Pettite back on that on field...if that's even possible. Damn.
    Depending on what site you go by the Yankees have over a 95% chance of making the playoffs. They will be fine. Every win is huge at this point. The magic number is something like 46 with just under 2 months to play. They will make the playoffs. Just need to get people healthy for the post season. The sky is not falling.

Lots of injuries. The Red Sox and Phillies are two examples of teams that have not been able to get past them. Yankees have done very well with injuries this year and are very deep. Chavez, Jones and Raul have all come up huge. Going to be a tough couple weeks. Luckily they have the best record in the AL.

Now I suggest some should take the advice of Vito Corelone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbKkHQlsKQk

Fans of about 27 or so other teams would love to have the Yankees problems right now.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Depending on what site you go by the Yankees have over a 95% chance of making the playoffs. They will be fine. Every win is huge at this point. The magic number is something like 46 with just under 2 months to play. They will make the playoffs. Just need to get people healthy for the post season. The sky is not falling.

Lots of injuries. The Red Sox and Phillies are two examples of teams that have not been able to get past them. Yankees have done very well with injuries this year and are very deep. Chavez, Jones and Raul have all come up huge. Going to be a tough couple weeks. Luckily they have the best record in the AL.

Now I suggest some should take the advice of Vito Corelone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbKkHQlsKQk

Fans of about 27 or so other teams would love to have the Yankees problems right now.

I tend to not look at things as rosey. Just my nature I guess. I see it as since June 15th the Yankees have two winning series against teams with winning records and the Rangers coming up. I'm not as confident.
    Fair enough....can't respond fully, on my phone but all about getting to the playoffs hot. Gotta have people come back though.

Something we can all agree on.....Derek fucking Jeter. 17 seasons of 150 hits. Only other player to do that in history is the one and only Henry Aaron. Derek Jeter, ladies and gentleman.