The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Must. Resist. Urge.

:silent:

What to rub it in Yankees fans faces that the team is in bad shape right now? Do you want a fucking cookie? DS was right that the Yanks were going to go on a slide...congratufuckinglations. We got it dude, you don't like this team. We all understand.

This is not a bad baseball team. Bad spot. 5 game lead still though. Hopefully they can weather the storm. They don't look like the confident team they did for 6-8 weeks. Get to the playoffs and see what happens. No one is exactly tearing it up in the AL right now.

No reason to get all volatile man! :lol: :fp: I just find it ironic that just over a month ago I expressed my views about the team...especially the dependance on the HR...and all of this shit pretty much played itself out for the last 4-6 weeks. Yet I got jumped on like I was some idiot who didn't know what the fuck I was talking about because I don't know who the 47th ranked prospect in the Yankees farm system is :lol: or my opinion meant nothing. Again...I hope the team breaks the funk...but the way it i, quite frankly, I'm not so sure. Lead or no lead...I certainly have ZERO confidence heading into the playoffs with this team.

I'm sorry if my frankness offends some Yankee fans...I really do...but I just post what I see...and this club is not a good one and it hasn't been for a month and a half.

No one is offended it's just incredibly annoying to go on and on about it. You went on and on about the offense but in reality this team is scoring enough runs that they should be winning games. I am a lot more worried about the pitching than the offense.

I don't give a fuck whether you know prospects or not.

And since we have had that conversation the Yankees have lost a whopping one game in the loss column so the sky really isn't falling.
    In the last month, they have lost 5 games in which they have scored 5 or more runs. Need to win those games. If the pitching does the job, no one is freaking out. If 3 of those games were wins, they are 23 games over .500.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    No one is offended it's just incredibly annoying to go on and on about it. You went on and on about the offense but in reality this team is scoring enough runs that they should be winning games. I am a lot more worried about the pitching than the offense.

I don't give a fuck whether you know prospects or not.

And since we have had that conversation the Yankees have lost a whopping one game in the loss column so the sky really isn't falling.

I didn't go on and on about it? :? When I said it...if people want to keep challenging my views I will defend them. :lol:

10-14 since the All Star break...this team only got worse through injury and on field play...the Orioles and Devil Rays have only gotten better...and I am not discounting the Sux especially with how many games they have remaining. 5 games is FAR from some comfortable lead to have. :fp:
    Alright, whatever you say. I don't have the energy to do this again. Baltimore sucks though. Write that down. Tampa is the worry, especially with them getting their best player back.

Need the big guy tonight. And I'd like to see Miggy not hit a home run.
    Alright, how about not giving this back immediately tonight.
    Fuck yeah. Love making a jerkoff pay for that bullshit.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    nice thru 4 and a 3rd so far
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    giradi what are you doing??????

93 pitches for your ace.....

this better not blowup
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    LOL Giradi does it again :fp:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    LOL Giradi does it again :fp:
    :lol: :fp: Leave it to him.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Just wow. 2 outs on the bases and brutal defense.

Robertson for the most part made good pitches and nothing was hit well. Just in the right spot. I would have obviously left the big guy in too.

Those two runs were big. This pitching has got to get better, although I have no clue how they have 7 runs. Everything just found the right spot, it seemed like.

Close it out. Desperately need this one.
    And as soon as I say nothing was hit hard, that happens. Fucking wow.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    whew
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    fun game eh?
    Pretty much a D- for the game and the only reason it isn't an F is they still won. :fp:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Pretty much a D- for the game and the only reason it isn't an F is they still won. :fp:

But they were something like .500 with runners in scoring position and only hit one home run.

18 hits

Pitching needs to get figured out. Robertson has not been the same when I have seen him, granted I have missed a lot over the past couple weeks.
    megatron wrote:
    fun game eh?

No
    I actually like the win. A bloop and 2 infield hits got the Tigers back in it and the Yankees showed fight tacking on runs each inning.

Brutal defense, but that is not the norm. Bad base running, which is an issue, and the pitching needs to get straightened out, but really like what they showed. Could have hung their heads and said here we go again. Very much needed win. That would have been the worse loss in a couple years.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

But they were something like .500 with runners in scoring position and only hit one home run.

18 hits

...and they scored 12 runs. I don't understand what you're saying or the point I guess? :?
    RAUUUUUUUUL

Welp, going to miss most of this game. Started late, had a call and now switching tot he soccer game in a few.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,961
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    RAUUUUUUUUL

Wow. Never thought I'd see this...
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    RAUUUUUUUUL

Wow. Never thought I'd see this...

Never thought I'd say it. Triple and Double today.
    Dammit
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :D Chavez!

How awesome is he
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

How awesome is he

A-Rod can take his sweat time coming back!
    Hey do you know if Andrew Jones is hurt, i swear i haven't seen him since we picked up Ichiro?
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    gotta love soriano
    it was pretty scary with the tying run 90 feet away.

whats with the pulling out his jersey on the mound bit
    after he saves the game ?

:lol:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    gotta love soriano
    it was pretty scary with the tying run 90 feet away.

whats with the pulling out his jersey on the mound bit
    after he saves the game ?

:lol:

I don't know but I think it's hilarious. I hope they win the world series for the simple fact that I want to see if he just untucks his shirt and shakes Martins hand without a smile if he closes it out.

I could care less if he ever comes back. Wish the Yankees could even just justify losing a lot money to get him the hell out of there. I'm not an ARod fan. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:

I could care less if he ever comes back. Wish the Yankees could even just justify losing a lot money to get him the hell out of there. I'm not an ARod fan. :lol:

He certianly deserves a long vacation