The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Great game all around though. Good start from aj, bats wore them down and got to them, and soriano with a strong inning plus.

That fuck valverde is already wrong, let's finish his dumb ass prediction Thursday, hopefully mo can close it out and show him how it's supposed to be done.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Hopefully they saved some runs for Thursday.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    That fuck valverde is already wrong, let's finish his dumb ass prediction Thursday, hopefully mo can close it out and show him how it's supposed to be done.
    FAIL
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Hopefully they saved some runs for Thursday.

No doubt, I like the chances. We'll see. This has been a fun and wild series for the first round though. Didn't expect any less with these two teams going at it.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    ok we can rest for a day and sleep easy tonight

goodnight guys.....i enjoyed all your company tonight 8-)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,795
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    FYI, sterling and Waldman are both petitioning for hughes to be used out of the bullpen permanently. I may kill someone.

I hate it when they do that. Give up on a young starter. He has 337ip the last 3 years while others have 500-600 in that time span. Once he gets more innings under his belt all this bullpen talk will be laughed at.
    I miss igotid88
  • very subdued on the win warble, guess the blowout and the late time caused that.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    fucking bunt u dick

:lol::lol::lol: This is my favorite post of the night
    fucking bunt u dick

:lol::lol::lol: This is my favorite post of the night

HE SHOULD :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Well i'll be honest with AJ on the mound my expectations were low but he got it done.

Granderson is the man. i've got jeter, rivera, mantle, and gehrig shirts i might have to get a granderson. Not only is he a great player he is also an exceptional person.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    All is well in NYC once again and can rest easy for another day. :D AJ earned his money last night and almost made it through those precious 6 innings.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    intodeep wrote:
    Well i'll be honest with AJ on the mound my expectations were low but he got it done.

Granderson is the man. i've got jeter, rivera, mantle, and gehrig shirts i might have to get a granderson. Not only is he a great player he is also an exceptional person.
    I wonder what AJ is buying grandy today. Two amazing catches.
    intodeep wrote:

Dinner.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Newch91 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

Dinner.
    En. I was thinking a new Mercedes
    Granderson was #1 on Sportscenter.
    Newch91 wrote:

Naturally with either one of his game saving catches...great plays indeed.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Oh what was that you asked? Who are the only two other Yankees besides montero to get a postseason hit at 21 years old or younger? Only Joe DiMaggio and Mickey mantle.
    g under p wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Naturally with either one of his game saving catches...great plays indeed.

Peace
    Yep. They included both. But the second catch was one of the best catches I've ever seen.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Oh what was that you asked? Who are the only two other Yankees besides montero to get a postseason hit at 21 years old or younger? Only Joe DiMaggio and Mickey mantle.
    Who and who?
  • I really like Russel Martin on this team. I hope he's back in some way next year. Love his energy and what a F'n slide last night!!

Granderson is the man.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Who and who?

I wasn't sure. But according to the information I found on this thing called Google (ever hear of it? it's pretty cool), they seemed to be some pretty god damn good baseball players.
    I really like Russel Martin on this team. I hope he's back in some way next year. Love his energy and what a F'n slide last night!!

Granderson is the man.

He'll be back. He's arbitration eligible. He has been awesome though. Really like him as well.
    we gotta win tomorrow night..gotta win
    we gotta win tomorrow night..gotta win

....and IF they don't....I hope they won't have to close the Brooklyn Bridge my sister won't be able to go home. :(

Peace

nice to have a relaxing night
  • Girardi needs to drop Tex down in the lineup, he's batting .165 over 26 games so far in his postseason career with the Yankees. He's probably had maybe 3 or 4 good games at best, unacceptable for the 4th highest paid player in the game. Sadly I now cringe every time he's up, its just been brutal watching him at the plate. I hope he can turn it around and Game 5 would be a good start but he's been a major disappointment. If he was playing in the old YS the boo birds would've destroyed him by now. Too bad he'll never waive his no trade because Fielder would be a perfect fit for YS.
    Girardi needs to drop Tex down in the lineup, he's batting .165 over 26 games so far in his postseason career with the Yankees. He's probably had maybe 3 or 4 good games at best, unacceptable for the 4th highest paid player in the game. Sadly I now cringe every time he's up, its just been brutal watching him at the plate. I hope he can turn it around and Game 5 would be a good start but he's been a major disappointment. If he was playing in the old YS the boo birds would've destroyed him by now. Too bad he'll never waive his no trade because Fielder would be a perfect fit for YS.
    Every time he comes up, I already anticipate an out. At least with A-Rod, you have a feeling he will get a hit.

Tex needs to start bunting down the third base side.
  • Newch91 wrote:
    Girardi needs to drop Tex down in the lineup, he's batting .165 over 26 games so far in his postseason career with the Yankees. He's probably had maybe 3 or 4 good games at best, unacceptable for the 4th highest paid player in the game. Sadly I now cringe every time he's up, its just been brutal watching him at the plate. I hope he can turn it around and Game 5 would be a good start but he's been a major disappointment. If he was playing in the old YS the boo birds would've destroyed him by now. Too bad he'll never waive his no trade because Fielder would be a perfect fit for YS.
    At least with A-Rod, you have a feeling he will get a hit.

I feel the same way and I also think the guy is hurt but I still rather have him up over Tex. I cant understand how the media isn't crucifying this guy already.
  • So this game starts at 8, not 8:30?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16