The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Today would have been my pops' 59th Birthday. One of our favorite things to do was go to a playoff game or sit in front of the tube and have some cognac while eating some smoked prosciutto and some cheese from back home in Croatia or picked up off Steinway in Astoria.

I miss the dude like crazy, but after almost 4 years since he's been gone I can reconnect thru the yankees and that feeling that the playoffs bring. Seeing father/sons at the games early on was hard but now it puts a smile on my face

going tomorrow, might even go tonight since tix are reasonable on stub hub. Maybe go with my bro and jog down memory lane. He never got to to go to the new stadium

for that I'm gladd, he would have loved it but was a traditionalist who would prefered the old stadium :D

Go Yanks

I say in 5

It's really good to read these things. Thanks for sharing. I am really sorry for your loss and I know exactly what you're feeling. I lost my old man this March at 60 and everything you write is right in line with what I have been dealing with this season, just substitute the cognac with bourbon. It was a really tough season, especially having a season ticket package again, being there regularly and seeing the things you describe. He would have loved this season with the collapse of the Red Sox and getting so much out of the scrap heap pitchers. Used to bullshit with him about the Yanks for hours.

We got him to the new stadium last April for his 60th bday. It was a great weekend in NYC and he was a big time traditionalist too but he thought they did a great job.

I'm not religious at all and don't buy into the heaven fairy tale, but every time I'm there I look up and say hi to him.

I'll be there tomorrow night as well. GO YANKS!
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    nice posts guys!

glad you are able to find some comfort through baseball & the yankees.

very cool thing to hear.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,791
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Today would have been my pops' 59th Birthday. One of our favorite things to do was go to a playoff game or sit in front of the tube and have some cognac while eating some smoked prosciutto and some cheese from back home in Croatia or picked up off Steinway in Astoria.

I miss the dude like crazy, but after almost 4 years since he's been gone I can reconnect thru the yankees and that feeling that the playoffs bring. Seeing father/sons at the games early on was hard but now it puts a smile on my face

going tomorrow, might even go tonight since tix are reasonable on stub hub. Maybe go with my bro and jog down memory lane. He never got to to go to the new stadium

for that I'm gladd, he would have loved it but was a traditionalist who would prefered the old stadium :D

Go Yanks

I say in 5

It's really good to read these things. Thanks for sharing. I am really sorry for your loss and I know exactly what you're feeling. I lost my old man this March at 60 and everything you write is right in line with what I have been dealing with this season, just substitute the cognac with bourbon. It was a really tough season, especially having a season ticket package again, being there regularly and seeing the things you describe. He would have loved this season with the collapse of the Red Sox and getting so much out of the scrap heap pitchers. Used to bullshit with him about the Yanks for hours.

We got him to the new stadium last April for his 60th bday. It was a great weekend in NYC and he was a big time traditionalist too but he thought they did a great job.

I'm not religious at all and don't buy into the heaven fairy tale, but every time I'm there I look up and say hi to him.

Sorry to hear of your loss Cliffy. Its not easy but we gotta keep tradition going! 2009 brought alot of memories back

gotta make it happen this year, the 1st round is always the scariest to me. Gonna be tough but thats what makes it fun
    rival. wrote:
    nice posts guys!

glad you are able to find some comfort through baseball & the yankees.

very cool thing to hear.

Thank you
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Go Yanks

I say in 5

Sorry to hear of your loss Cliffy. Its not easy but we gotta keep tradition going! 2009 brought alot of memories back

gotta make it happen this year, the 1st round is always the scariest to me. Gonna be tough but thats what makes it fun

Thanks man. Same goes to you. No doubt, a world series this year would be pretty incredible with the tough year.

Definitely going to be a tough series but a whole lot of fun to watch.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,534
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This Cashman shit is not good. I wouldn't be suprised to see him take some time off and not come back next year because of it. GOD DAMN IT.

ed wade could be available.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This Cashman shit is not good. I wouldn't be suprised to see him take some time off and not come back next year because of it. GOD DAMN IT.

I'm going to pretend you didn't say that.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm going to pretend you didn't say that.

i think he'd be a good fit for the yankees.
    www.myspace.com

I think I have a better shot at becoming the next GM of the Yankees.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

you should send in your resume.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

If the position opens up, I may just have to. I was contemplating playing short stop for the Yankees once Jeter retires so maybe I will become GM first then start playing.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

If the position opens up, I may just have to. I was contemplating playing short stop for the Yankees once Jeter retires so maybe I will become GM first then start playing.

i don't know george...they usually give these jobs to guys who are...you know....already in sports.
    www.myspace.com
    i don't know george...they usually give these jobs to guys who are...you know....already in sports.

God damn it!

:lol::lol: Well done though.
  • i don't know george...they usually give these jobs to guys who are...you know....already in sports.

That's so unfair!!! :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    :lol::lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    This will get you pumped

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... pURkEHecQg

Sterlings call of the Wells perfect game has always been my favorite.

"27 up, 27 down, baseball immortality"
  • good luck to the boys tonight

maybe verlander will get a line drive off his knee in the 1st ;)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This will get you pumped

I remember that day so well. My dad and I were getting ready to go out to eat with my grandfather and one of my dad's brothers and his two sons and we watched it. We went nuts.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This will get you pumped

I remember that day so well. My dad and I were getting ready to go out to eat with my grandfather and one of my dad's brothers and his two sons and we watched it. We went nuts.

That's funny, I do too. I had a soccer tournament that day and listened to the end of it on the radio on the way. Was pretty cool
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This will get you pumped

That's funny, I do too. I had a soccer tournament that day and listened to the end of it on the radio on the way. Was pretty cool
    Nice. I was only 7 and I remember that day so well. It's amazing the stuff you remember.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This will get you pumped

i vividly remember that and abbott's no hitter. i feel like i missed cone's because it was a day game, but remember watching the rewind on MSG later that night.

i was at the game later in the season when wells was perfect against oakland through 7. gave up a ground ball basehit up the middle to ruin the bid. i thought for sure i was going to see a perfect game that night. how incredible would that have been? two perfect games in one season??
    Didn't make it there tonite

Glad to be here with you clowns ;)

Go yanks

Got pizza, beer, and partY favors
    LET'S FUCKING GO YANKS!
  • Guy catches a Tigers homer by stealing it from a little kid, then celebrates. He would've gotten jacked up in Philly.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Alright, I'll take it. Hopefully the Yanks can steal a cheapie at some point. Around 25 pitches for Verlander in the first.
    They gotta stop for a while

It's bad
    Good call IMO

It's sloppy
  • i didn't know it was supposed to rain all night

just looked at radar map.....nothing but green :?

not good
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    i didn't know it was supposed to rain all night

just looked at radar map.....nothing but green :?

not good

wrong kind of green

I'm glad i decided to stay home tonight and not go. Alpine day 1 was enough rain for a while
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,796
    too much rain.
    I miss igotid88