The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cashman about to be outed in an affair by Deadspin.

can you elaborate on this, Cliffy?

and would the Yanks ever lose a game on purpose, while watching the scoreboard ?

http://deadspin.com/5844739/yankees-gm- ... tal-affair

More details tomorrow, I guess. My worry is that this will cause him not to come back. He talks about the stress of the job from time to time and this certainly won't help.

Haha, I don't know. Or they can just run out of pitchers and force Proctor to throw 50 something pitches. That will do it.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cashman about to be outed in an affair by Deadspin.

can you elaborate on this, Cliffy?

and would the Yanks ever lose a game on purpose, while watching the scoreboard ?

http://deadspin.com/5844739/yankees-gm- ... tal-affair

More details tomorrow, I guess. My worry is that this will cause him not to come back. He talks about the stress of the job from time to time and this certainly won't help.

Haha, I don't know. Or they can just run out of pitchers and force Proctor to throw 50 something pitches. That will do it.

thanks !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • so is this everyone in here's favorite song for today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqKHqWaTv9g
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    8:37 start saturday night. Oh yeah. Going to be a good day.

Pumpkin beer fest in Philly, on to NYC, bar near my buddies place in Astoria, bars by the stadium, bleachers section 237, Yankees win, back to the bars.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Only bad thing about yesterday is, now there's nothing to watch tonight.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Only bad thing about yesterday is, now there's nothing to watch tonight.
    Yep...unless you watch The Office. I'll be in class tonight, so it's a good thing I won't be missing any games tonight. You can watch postseason special YES will have.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Fans seem to be nervous about this series. Don't get me wrong, Detroit has some good pitching but the Yanks are a damn good team.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    OK I heard something on the Yankees radio station down here today so can I get some verification from you young computer wizards.

Not sure if I heard this right but...Last night was the first time in 925 STRAIGHT games the Yankees lost a game with a 7 run lead after 8 or 9 innings is that right? If that's true THAT's an amazing streak.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Fans seem to be nervous about this series. Don't get me wrong, Detroit has some good pitching but the Yanks are a damn good team.

Though I'd say in a 5 game series, the one team this year I wouldn't want to see is Detroit - just because I think Verlander could have that much of an effect on that kind of a series.
  • not gonna be easy..we need to work his pitch count big time..

great challenge for our offense

cabrera has protection in the order now

its all about nova...even if we split the verlander games we can take the series with nova beating their 2nd guy...i know nothing about him but i guess he is good

should be interesting
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Their second guy is Doug Fister, who's no slouch. So I wouldn't say that just winning every game that Verlander doesn't pitch is an easy task.

Still, I'm pretty confident in their chances.
  • tcaporale wrote:
    Their second guy is Doug Fister, who's no slouch. So I wouldn't say that just winning every game that Verlander doesn't pitch is an easy task.

didn't say easy by any means....nova is a big ? in terms of BIG BIG games

i think he will be fine with it ,but we don't know yet
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    tcaporale wrote:

didn't say easy by any means....nova is a big ? in terms of BIG BIG games

i think he will be fine with it ,but we don't know yet
    He'll be pitching at home. I think he'll be comfortable.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Who's ready for tonight??
  • Newch91 wrote:

i have my yankee kicks on and my new york dugout jacket.....representing :mrgreen:

still debating about going tonight ...depends on how work goes
    plus i'am a mush so its better if i stay home :( :D
  • Newch91 wrote:

i have my yankee kicks on and my new york dugout jacket.....representing :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQpFbfaILzY
  • Newch91 wrote:

cant see at work...explain please
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,534
    tigers in 4... :o
    www.myspace.com
    Newch91 wrote:

I wore my yankees wind breaker to work today. Always awesome walking onto a bus in south philly full of Phillies gear with a Yankees jacket on.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Though I'd say in a 5 game series, the one team this year I wouldn't want to see is Detroit - just because I think Verlander could have that much of an effect on that kind of a series.

No doubt. They are going to have to beat Verlander once to win the series. Can't rely on beating everyone else.
    This Cashman shit is not good. I wouldn't be suprised to see him take some time off and not come back next year because of it. GOD DAMN IT.
    Gotta love tonights game. 2 great pitchers going at it and two teams with some of the best hitters in the game. Going to be a lot of fun.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Gotta love tonights game. 2 great pitchers going at it and two teams with some of the best hitters in the game. Going to be a lot of fun.

It is quite the marquee matchup. I hope I can stay awake. Might be an espresso night. Damn babies waking up at 5:30. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

It is quite the marquee matchup. I hope I can stay awake. Might be an espresso night. Damn babies waking up at 5:30. :lol:

:lol: Damn kids. Will be a late one, going to be a long few weeks. October always kills my body.
    Newch91 wrote:

Nice. Must be good to live close to Yankee Stadium.

Heading out to a new bar tonight in my city where dad's band is playing tonight called, appropriately, The Stadium. 27 HD TV's! :D I know it's going to be packed tonight. Going to wear my Jeter 3K shirt with his career stats on the back.
    Newch91 wrote:

:lol: Love that movie.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This Cashman shit is not good. I wouldn't be suprised to see him take some time off and not come back next year because of it. GOD DAMN IT.
    I haven't heard/seen it reach mainstream media yet, has it been a news story? Then again I dont get the NY post or Daily News where I live.

& Go Yanks!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I haven't heard/seen it reach mainstream media yet, has it been a news story? Then again I dont get the NY post or Daily News where I live.

& Go Yanks!

Just Deadspin but they are slowly releasing pictures and the story. The only thing negative he talks about when talking about the job is the stress from time to time, and I just hope this doesn't put him over the edge. Deadspin says the Post and other reporters close to the Yankees knew about it but never published it for various reasons. I don't know if it will get picked up by them. Really bad timing and as much as I like Deadspin, they have been holding on to these for a while and it's a pretty scumbag move to publish it the day before the playoffs.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i wore my yankee pull over into work today and passed a cub fan on the street and he threw in a "YANKEE SUCK" at me.

cub fans. don't know if they are dumb or just silly.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,791
    Today would have been my pops' 59th Birthday. One of our favorite things to do was go to a playoff game or sit in front of the tube and have some cognac while eating some smoked prosciutto and some cheese from back home in Croatia or picked up off Steinway in Astoria.

I miss the dude like crazy, but after almost 4 years since he's been gone I can reconnect thru the yankees and that feeling that the playoffs bring. Seeing father/sons at the games early on was hard but now it puts a smile on my face

going tomorrow, might even go tonight since tix are reasonable on stub hub. Maybe go with my bro and jog down memory lane. He never got to to go to the new stadium

for that I'm gladd, he would have loved it but was a traditionalist who would prefered the old stadium :D

Go Yanks

I say in 5