The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    That was one of my favorite yankee game ever.
    Xavier, I want some good info on what it's like in the clubhouse this afternoon.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    I wonder how many of his hits i actually saw? 2,500? 2,700? 2,900?
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    wow i just realized he went 5 for 5. that is great.

god bless baseball.
    www.myspace.com

god bless baseball.

With the game winning hit. Just incredible.

I fucking love baseball.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

god bless baseball.

With the game winning hit. Just incredible.

I fucking love baseball.

he should retire now. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Absolutely amazing performance today. He's relaxed now and I think he might go on a run now that the pressure is off.

He's the reason why I wanted to play baseball, ever since I first saw him play in 1996.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    :lol::lol::lol:

From Funny or Die Twitter account:

"Big shout-out to Derek Jeter for dating Adriana Lima, Jessica Alba & Minka Kelly. Also for #3000 hits in baseball or whatever."
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    A-Rod going to Florida to seek a second opinion on his knee.
    I miss igotid88
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    I'm so pissed that I had to miss this game because of work but what an amazing performance.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    5-5. Incredible...

Just another day of history for this franchise...sooo many we have witnessed..truly amazing

And the winning hit..talk about a movie script ending..wow

Oh yea..big win also :lol:

Arod should just get it fixed..why wait...he hAs no poWer
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    5-5. Incredible...

Just another day of history for this franchise...sooo many we have witnessed..truly amazing

And the winning hit..talk about a movie script ending..wow

Oh yea..big win also :lol:

Arod should just get it fixed..why wait...he hAs no poWer
    Imagine if that winning hit was the bottom of the ninth? The place would've gone bonkers.
    great matchup tomorrow heading into the break
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    great matchup tomorrow heading into the break
    Dammit...I'm gonna be at the beach tomorrow in Rhode Island. Hate to miss the game.
    Free tickets tomorrow, let me know. I was waiting last minute for 3000. Anyone want tickets, there are yours. Not gonna sell then so if you want them, let me know. Don't want empty seats
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Free tickets tomorrow, let me know. I was waiting last minute for 3000. Anyone want tickets, there are yours. Not gonna sell then so if you want them, let me know. Don't want empty seats

can't use em dude...bday party in long beach

thanks though
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    If I wasn't going to the beach tomorrow, I'd ask my dad if he wanted to go.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'll take them. Seeing as I'm poor. I think I can afford free
    I miss igotid88
    Pm me your email. I am out right now but will send them to you as soon as I get home
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Pm me your email. I am out right now but will send them to you as soon as I get home

pm sent. Thanks!!!
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

pm sent. Thanks!!!

Saw I got the pm, will send you the tickets as soon as I get home.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    Very cool Cliffy :thumbup:
    WOW FUCKING CC has been a machine

what a game !!!! and the 1 run was so skanky!!! :mrgreen:

13 -4 ..needless to say the best 1st half of any pitcher

nice way to end the 1st half

see the difference between this thread and ours is if someone said a pitcher had a helluva first half by referencing his won/loss record, he'd get ripped apart. here, not so much. :roll:

cc has pitched great though
    www.myspace.com

see the difference between this thread and ours is if someone said a pitcher had a helluva first half by referencing his won/loss record, he'd get ripped apart. here, not so much. :roll:

I understand what you're getting at in the phials thread...fact is won/loss record counts towards the teams record..obviously ...so it does mean a lot....IMO

And yes CC has been dominant ...

You guys need to relax...the phils will be there in the end....I know the fixer is the main negative guy ..but unless someone gets hurt the phials will be playing in the ws

I understand what you're getting at in the phials thread...fact is won/loss record counts towards the teams record..obviously ...so it does mean a lot....IMO

And yes CC has been dominant ...

You guys need to relax...the phils will be there in the end....I know the fixer is the main negative guy ..but unless someone gets hurt the phials will be playing in the ws

oh, i'm relaxed. confidence levels are high, well for the most part at least :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    According to Darren rovell the Yankees have already made 2.5 mil off jeter 3000 gear. Pretty nuts.

Steiner sports couldn't handle the volume of calls either.
    Didn't see much of the game today as I am nursing quite possibly the worst hangover in the history of the world but great game from cc. Sounds like the run came with a bow tie on it.
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115

He has had a good first half...but

0 - 3 with a 6.16 ERA against the Red Sox
    Great game. I thought it was the 8th inning when CC got the final strikeout.
    I miss igotid88