The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I'm sorry ..giradi has no idea how to handle pitchers..

A J was done..if shelly Duncan ..who swings at anything..isn't biting ...it's time to come out

He pitched a nice game but giradi fucked up again

Cost us quite a few games already this year because of the wrong move or no move in big situations
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • damn no all-star for tex or cc! clearly not much value in performance determining who makes it. yet --- that allows jeter to be a starter and russell martin to make it.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Damn the Yanks put up some runs for CC.

4 to go for Jeter, good to see him drive a ball too. Unfortunately, with 4 to go, the chances of me seeing 3,000 on Sunday is slim. Good chances Rival will get to see it Friday or Saturday though. I bet he sits tomorrow.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Lester just got hurt. Not sure what happened, but he left game with no hitter going
    The Fixer wrote:
    Lester just got hurt. Not sure what happened, but he left game with no hitter going

Oh yeah? Hate to see players get hurt, but that would seriously help the Yankees chances at the playoffs.

Edit: Strange, sounds like there wasn't anything that looked wrong.

Edit 2: Lat strain, sounds like he's going on the DL.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Oh yeah? Hate to see players get hurt, but that would seriously help the Yankees chances at the playoffs.

Such a shame...about Lester

Cc is about to get his 12th win...amazing he got snubbed from the ASG

That being said...I rather he doesn't go

mo is gonna stay home for sure now
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Such a shame...about Lester

Cc is about to get his 12th win...amazing he got snubbed from the ASG

That being said...I rather he doesn't go

mo is gonna stay home for sure now

CC said he would rather spend the 3 days in the Bahamas, haha. No shot Mo goes.

Whats with Posadas baserunning this year?
    What happened with posada?

I'm on my porch paying half ass attention

Was a couple innings ago, started running to 3rd on a ground ball to short and just stopped and got tagged out.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Was a couple innings ago, started running to 3rd on a ground ball to short and just stopped and got tagged out.
    Bad enough he moves like a snail..now he makes bad decisions also....great
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Bad enough he moves like a snail..now he makes bad decisions also....great

He's made a handful of terrible running decisions this year that resulted in unnecessary outs. Thankfully he's hitting a bit now.
    Nobody in the lineup is hitting above 300...pretty wild
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    CC's proving why he should've been on the All-Star team.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    tcaporale wrote:
    CC's proving why he should've been on the All-Star team.
    Agreed, even though he probably wouldn't go since he pitches on Sunday, but at least he would've had the honor of saying he was an All-Star this season.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • thats 24k's in his last 2 starts i believe
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    Hughes tonight...should be interesting.

And Jeter is in the lineup. Think Girardi pulls him if he goes 3-3 to start the game? :lol:
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    I honestly don't care if he gets it done at Yankee Stadium or not. I'll take a four hit night any day.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    HBO is doing a documentary on Jeter's quest to 3,000 hits
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:

Saw that, I am looking foward to it, if not just to see a little behind the scenes into Jeters life and routine, something we have never seen before really. If HBO sports documentaries like 24/7 are any indication, it will be pretty fantastic.

He said it has been kind of a pain having cameras follow him around that he has no clue how people do reality shows.
    igotid88 wrote:

Jesus Christ. This story has officially gotten out of control (and I even like jeter a little)
    The Fixer wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

Jesus Christ. This story has officially gotten out of control (and I even like jeter a little)

I knew you were going to say that. I honestly think it hasn't had as much hype as him passing Gehrig last year (Edit; 2 years ago, i am dumb), which I will admit was insane. 3,000 is a big number dude.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

I knew you were going to say that. I honestly think it hasn't had as much hype as him passing Gehrig last year (Edit; 2 years ago, i am dumb), which I will admit was insane. 3,000 is a big number dude.

sure, 3000 is a big number. I guess it's the yanks, which means easy ratings for HBO.

I just don't think many non-yanks fans give a fuck. I can't stand when the media force feeds me stories like this (I cant wait for the AS game to be over so I don't have to hear about it anymore either. Those discussions drive me crazy)
    edited July 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    sure, 3000 is a big number. I guess it's the yanks, which means easy ratings for HBO.

I just don't think many non-yanks fans give a fuck. I can't stand when the media force feeds me stories like this (I cant wait for the AS game to be over so I don't have to hear about it anymore either. Those discussions drive me crazy)

It's the Yanks and it's Jeter so yeah, its definitely big time ratings.

I mean, as a baseball fan if a player like Ichiro were approaching a number like this, I would certainly be at least a little interested but I agree it's Yankees fans for the most part.

I think Thome's approach to 600 should be a bigger deal and I am definitely interested in that, but it is the Yankees and it is Jeter so of course it's going to get attention.

And yeah, I hear you on the all star game. Who cares.

Edit: And to my Thome comparsion, it's not like Jeter is holding on as a part time player and achieving this number. While he isn't what he once was, he isn't in Thome situation..
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

He'll also be the first Yankee to do it as a Yankee. They've had other 3,000 hitters. But with different teams
    I miss igotid88
    Is anybody here going to record the games. I would but my dvd recorders aren't working. And I don't have dvr
    I miss igotid88
    Just saw the HBO cameraman following Jeter
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Is anybody here going to record the games. I would but my dvd recorders aren't working. And I don't have dvr

Now that you say it, I just turned on my DVR. I am on ESPN2 though because with the package it's either that or the Cleveland broadcast.

Well, most likely not tonight
    Lets go Huuuuuuughes.
    Welp, velocity seems to be there but this is not a good start.