The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    heading home for the holiday week. going to the stadium friday and saturday against the rays. hoping to see jeter 3K. would have been lined up perfectly to see it at wrigley if he didn't go down with the injury. lined up to see it now next weekend. fired up!

and garlic fries. booyah!

anyone know why the bowling ally closed down on river street? that place was my favorite pregame hangout. it was closed last year, figured they were doing renovations, but turns out they are closed for good? what gives? that place was definitly making $$.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,237
    rival. wrote:
    heading home for the holiday week. going to the stadium friday and saturday against the rays. hoping to see jeter 3K. would have been lined up perfectly to see it at wrigley if he didn't go down with the injury. lined up to see it now next weekend. fired up!

and garlic fries. booyah!

anyone know why the bowling ally closed down on river street? that place was my favorite pregame hangout. it was closed last year, figured they were doing renovations, but turns out they are closed for good? what gives? that place was definitly making $$.

It probably wasn't making that much once the Stadium moved to the north side of East 161 Street.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    I read everything aside from stans down that way has been hurting big time since the new stadium opened. Bowling alley was my favorite spot too. It was open for at least the beginning of last year, at least till June I think. I don't remember it being closed last season and went there this year and it was shut down.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I read everything aside from stans down that way has been hurting big time since the new stadium opened. Bowling alley was my favorite spot too. It was open for at least the beginning of last year, at least till June I think. I don't remember it being closed last season and went there this year and it was shut down.

i am pretty surprised. it's only an extra block to the stadium, and it's not like there are a ton of bar options before the game.

you had a lot of room to hang out and BS with friends before the game. stan's gets wayyyy too crowded.
    Stans is a zoo unless you get there really early and get a spot at the bar. I always liked it there but just too much. Bowling alley was my favorite for the reasons you just said. Plenty of room, easy to get a drink and good crowd.

I hear you, it's not too far but you have to walk the opposite way of the stadium when you get off the train.
    And enjoy your time back home. I'll be up there next Sunday, hoping for 3000 as well, haha
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    ah yes back at shea....or whatever its called..always fun times ...especially back in 2000 :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Wow gotta pinch hit nova in the top of the 6th....nl rules suck :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    And posada strikes out..grrrrrrrrrr..better off leaving in nova
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And enjoy your time back home. I'll be up there next Sunday, hoping for 3000 as well, haha

thanks dude. if i don't get to see it, hopefully you are next in line. :)
    Wow what a bad call on reyes
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Wow what a bad call on reyes
    hell of a sell job by arod. i musta watched that play least 15-20 times and i still didn't see the tag. another boneheaded play by reyes.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,979

This is actual baseball. Ya know, takes strategy and intelligence. ;)
    put it on the left side..... 8-)

This is actual baseball. Ya know, takes strategy and intelligence. ;)

nah ..its weird...a million pitchers and pinch hitters and triple switches..wacky baseball
    i realize we both grew up watching different leagues...but the nl style blows

although the yanks are 12-4 against this weak league ;)
    put it on the left side..... 8-)

Like I said yesterday, this team is on fire.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    edited July 2011
    I would hope they pitch Hughes in the Cleveland series. So far he's not in the probables.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    I would they pitch Hughes in the Cleveland series. So far he's not in the probables.

Sounds like he's getting one more rehab start, probably smart considering the situation. Make sure he's good to go. If they go with a 6 man rotation I will fight girardi. Make a tough decision.
    Yay, noesi is done wasting his time in the major league bullpen.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    I would they pitch Hughes in the Cleveland series. So far he's not in the probables.

Sounds like he's getting one more rehab start, probably smart considering the situation. Make sure he's good to go. If they go with a 6 man rotation I will fight girardi. Make a tough decision.
    He'll most likely go with Nova in the bullpen.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    I personally think freddy is the worst of the bunch, but that would be a tough move and I don't think he would be happy with it. Who would have thought?
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Had a great time at the game! Citi Field is a very nice stadium, and apparently tonight was the largest crowd ever at Citi Field so far. There were a shitload of Yankee fans, which I suppose is hardly surprising, but it seemed like we were drowning out the Mets fans in their own stadium. It's the first time I've experienced a Yankee rivalry in the other team's home field, so it was definitely interesting.
    And I may be stupid saying that, garcias numbers are awesome, I just feel that looking at his slow stuff that he is the worst on the staff.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    I'd agree that Nova is slightly better than Garcia, at least lately, but I feel like Girardi will be more comfortable leaving a veteran pitcher in the rotation.
    nova is 8-4..tough to move him out??

martin said tonight was like a home game... :lol::lol:
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And I may be stupid saying that, garcias numbers are awesome, I just feel that looking at his slow stuff that he is the worst on the staff.

RH jamie moyer. dude is working with smoke and mirrors. wanna be livan.

quicker you get him out of the rotation, the better.

you need the batman sign for phil hughes. that dude is making or breaking the yanks season. is he gonna show up?
    Reyes is a switch hitter, right?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    Newch91 wrote:

I keep thinking he is
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I keep thinking he is
    Me too. I was asking because he was batting right handed against Mo last night.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

RH jamie moyer. dude is working with smoke and mirrors. wanna be livan.

quicker you get him out of the rotation, the better.

you need the batman sign for phil hughes. that dude is making or breaking the yanks season. is he gonna show up?

Hughes looked great the other day. I wouldn't say he's making or breaking the season though. I mean it would be great if he came back and pitched well and they didn't have to trade for a starter but they will make a move if they need to.