The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cubs have themselves a manager. I know there are a couple people here that disagree with me about Girardi but I think this is great news.

I like Girardi. You know when I heard Evan Roberts say he has some bad news about Girardi, that I thought he meant his father died of Alzeheimer's.

I do as well. I think he is still learning and overmanages a bit but I think he has done a great job overall. As much as AJ scares the hell of out of me tonight, I love the fact he is sticking with him. Going with CC would be a panic move.

That's not the case, right? That would be horrible. He was just being a dick referring to Girardi staying, correct?
  • yeah, the way he said it though, he kind of paused before saying it, that's why I thought it might have been that. That's a major difference between him and Torre. There's no way Burnett pitches if Torre manages this team.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    yeah, the way he said it though, he kind of paused before saying it, that's why I thought it might have been that. That's a major difference between him and Torre. There's no way Burnett pitches if Torre manages this team.

Gotcha, not that there is good timing for a situation like that or that the timing really matters at all, but that would have been really shitty for everyone. It's great all the charity work Girardi does in his dads name. Always loved Torres work as well. Agree that AJ would not be touching the ball tonight if Torre were still here.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    AJ 7 STRONG TONIGHT

yanks put up 6 -7 on hunter
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • AJ 7 STRONG TONIGHT

if there was ever a game for a four-run first inning, this would be it.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • AJ 7 STRONG TONIGHT

I think the Yanks have fallen behind in the baseball world. They look for 6 or 7 innings from their starters. Rangers, Giants & Phils look for 8 or 9. I heard CC didn't throw 9 innings all year. Did anyone on the Yanks throw 9 this year? They're so worried about innings limits & the like that they ended up watching the Year of the Pitcher go on around them. Just my opinion. They're still 7 away from a World Title, so what do I know?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    AJ 7 STRONG TONIGHT

I think the Yanks have fallen behind in the baseball world. They look for 6 or 7 innings from their starters. Rangers, Giants & Phils look for 8 or 9. I heard CC didn't throw 9 innings all year. Did anyone on the Yanks throw 9 this year? They're so worried about innings limits & the like that they ended up watching the Year of the Pitcher go on around them. Just my opinion. They're still 7 away from a World Title, so what do I know?

no pussy pitchers batting in the AL

MUCH TOUGHER LINE-UPS.. hence the pitch counts go up way quicker
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    AJ 7 STRONG TONIGHT

Falling behind in the baseball world? Seriously? Will you be happy if you get 6 or 7 innings from Joe Blanton? We are talking about the game 4 starter.

They are the defending champs and are one of 4 teams left standing. Every team has their way of winning and the Yanks won 95 games this year. Who gives a shit whether they win with pitchers throwing complete games or handing it off to the bullpen? Have you seen Kerry Wood and Mariano Riveras numbers? Those are not bad guys to turn the ball over to.

Dude, you know your baseball, but this comment is just absurd.

Edit: And do you think the Rangers are hoping to get 8 or 9 out of Hunter tonight?
  • no pussy pitchers batting in the AL

MUCH TOUGHER LINE-UPS.. hence the pitch counts go up way quicker

Everybody having to hit actually makes it harder to throw CG's in the NL. If you're down 2-1, your manager is probably going to pinch hit for you in the 7th or 8th. Besides, starters generally pitch against the other pitcher just twice in a game, and would see a pinch hitter by the 3rd time around. As far as tough lineups, Phils had two CG shutouts vs. the NL's top offense in Round 1.

Also, I said other teams in the AL, as well as the NL, were emphasizing more innings from their starters. The Yanks won't have Mo forever, or at least I don't think they will.

Why can't you ever accept constructive criticism of your team? :?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Falling behind in the baseball world? Seriously? Will you be happy if you get 6 or 7 innings from Joe Blanton? We are talking about the game 4 starter.

They are the defending champs and are one of 4 teams left standing. Every team has their way of winning and the Yanks won 95 games this year. Who gives a shit whether they win with pitchers throwing complete games or handing it off to the bullpen? Have you seen Kerry Wood and Mariano Riveras numbers? Those are not bad guys to turn the ball over to.

Dude, you know your baseball, but this comment is just absurd.

Edit: And do you think the Rangers are hoping to get 8 or 9 out of Hunter tonight?

It's not really about looking for 7 from AJ, although it looks that way from the flow. They don't look for more than 7 from anybody. Their Cy Young candidate didn't throw 9 innings all year. Seems weak to me for $161M.

Guess it's just me. As long as they are winning, I guess it doesn't matter.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    It's not really about looking for 7 from AJ, although it looks that way from the flow. They don't look for more than 7 from anybody. Their Cy Young candidate didn't throw 9 innings all year. Seems weak to me for $161M.

But he is a CY Young candidate and he had a better year this year than he did last year when they won the world series. This argument just boggles my mind.

CC had a great year and threw 237 innings, Phil Hughes is a first year starter and was on an innings limit and threw basically the same number of innings as your boy Cole Hamels did his first year starting, Andy Pettitte was on track for one of the best years of his career until he got hurt and Javy/Burnett were horrible.

If Oswalt goes out and has a horrible year next year does that mean the Phillies are falling behind or does that just mean someone had a bad year?
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Cervelli catching AJ tonight,...
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Oh boy. Now this I completely disagree with.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Yeah i dont know wht to make of this.
    Trying to cut down the running game, and taking Jorges bat out of the mix ? ( even tho granted- the bats are absent all throughout the lineup,......)
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Trying to cut down the running game, and taking Jorges bat out of the mix ? ( even tho granted- the bats are absent all throughout the lineup,......)

AJ does not have the credentials to require a personal catcher. Not this season. Taking Posadas bat out of a line up that is already not doing shit does not make sense to me.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

But he is a CY Young candidate and he had a better year this year than he did last year when they won the world series. This argument just boggles my mind.

CC had a great year and threw 237 innings, Phil Hughes is a first year starter and was on an innings limit and threw basically the same number of innings as your boy Cole Hamels did his first year starting, Andy Pettitte was on track for one of the best years of his career until he got hurt and Javy/Burnett were horrible.

If Oswalt goes out and has a horrible year next year does that mean the Phillies are falling behind or does that just mean someone had a bad year?

I'm taking a beating in this debate, but I still think creating an environment of low expectations for their starting pitchers has hurt the Yanks in the playoffs this year.

Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

AJ does not have the credentials to require a personal catcher. Not this season. Taking Posadas bat out of a line up that is already not doing shit does not make sense to me.

Yeah he definitely doesnt deserve any personal catcher or perks thats for sure.
    platessmall.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    Got a cooler full of beer, some subway footlongs,2 blunts, I wanna be a happy drunk

all positive vibes as im on my way

I feel bad for the poor guy/gal who sits next to me Friday on my Virgin Flight as I hopefully can catch the game on the tv. I take off at 7pm/est...game starts 8pm est

Fingers crossed they have the game on

Enjoy the game everyone :wave:
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Got a cooler full of beer, some subway footlongs,2 blunts, I wanna be a happy drunk

all positive vibes as im on my way

I feel bad for the poor guy/gal who sits next to me Friday on my Virgin Flight as I hopefully can catch the game on the tv. I take off at 7pm/est...game starts 8pm est

Fingers crossed they have the game on

Enjoy the game everyone :wave:

HAve a great game!! Hopefully the Yanks don't get their asses handed to them again. Last night was as bad as the giants on Sunday.

Virgin will have the game. They have satellite TV and I think 4 espn channels and I know there is TBS. That will be either a toatlly fun flight or a shit ton of pissed off people- NY to SF Yanks and Giants. HAve fun!
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    When the Yankees broke from spring training, Jorge Posada was catching A.J. Burnett. Posada caught Burnett’s first four starts, and those starts went pretty well. The Yankees won three of them, Burnett had a 3.20 ERA and Posada was hitting .316 with five home runs in his first 15 games.
    platessmall.jpg
    Let's fucking go yanks!!!
    Alright Aj great 1st...keep it up
    Atta boy
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Atta boy

Same time. :lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Atta boy

Same time. :lol:

haha I was about to say you got that up there quick
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    So far so good. offense still looks the same.
    I miss igotid88
    Ca-YES!
    I miss igotid88
  • Lmao at the umps! Fan interference followed by a foul ball. Oh boy!! Okay the fan interference could go either way but that was a foul ball. How can an ump not see that with his eyes?
    2 blown calls by the imps

Nah baseball doesn't need replay

Cano we were lucky

We will take it

Cano we were lucky

We will take it

that ball was clearly over the wall on Cano's homer.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 wrote:

Cano we were lucky

We will take it

that ball was clearly over the wall on Cano's homer.

May have been over the wall but the fan reached over and hit Cruz! That's the problem.