Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    ADD FUCKING REPLAY TO BASEBALL YOU FUCKING WOMEN

ha, I hate replay in all sports

so much for the twins chances.

bring on alyssa milano's boy

Yeah, I hate replay in football, I just think there is too much shit fucked up in baseball. I dont want anything where every play at 1st is being reviewed but there has to be a way to get that call right at the end of the game.

Yeah, Yanks should be good.

I can't wait. I am no fan of Carl Pavano :o:o
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    ADD FUCKING REPLAY TO BASEBALL YOU FUCKING WOMEN

ha, I hate replay in all sports

so much for the twins chances.

bring on alyssa milano's boy

Yeah, I hate replay in football, I just think there is too much shit fucked up in baseball. I dont want anything where every play at 1st is being reviewed but there has to be a way to get that call right at the end of the game.

Yeah, Yanks should be good.

I can't wait. I am no fan of Carl Pavano :o:o

How do the RF and 2nd base umps miss that call? No replay, if anything add an ump or two in the shallow OF.

I would miss the managers running out of the dugout. THat should always be part of baseball

Nice win boys. cha ching
    The Fixer wrote:
    How do the RF and 2nd base umps miss that call? No replay, if anything add an ump or two in the shallow OF.

I would miss the managers running out of the dugout. THat should always be part of baseball

Nice win boys. cha ching

6 umps in the playoffs already? No fucking room for anymore, cant miss that call. Agree on the managers, just hate to see a series decided on a blown call.
    How much do Twins fans have to hate the Yankees?
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Nice win boys. cha ching

6 umps in the playoffs already? No fucking room for anymore, cant miss that call. Agree on the managers, just hate to see a series decided on a blown call.

I just hate replay. It has played a part in killing the NFL product

He caught it. I just can't believe it was golson. Phils 1st round bust.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think fuentes.

gotta love posada's inability to frame.

haha, well good.

Jorge Posada is one of my favorite baseball players of all time, by far. Sonny Corleone of the Yankees. But he has become a liability behind the plate in my opinion. As seen by the passed ball earlier.

For that liability, his two-out single was huge in that sixth, keeping that inning going. I think a passed ball for a two-out single that keeps a four-run going is a trade we'll live with.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    NICE COMEBACK BOYS

tex and the grandyman ..sweet

we need replay ..it would take 1 minute to look at that

the games takes 4 hours so whats another few minutes?

its gonna really burn a team for the powers to understand

nothing like 3 hours of sleep :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I hope they don't have to overuse mo. I hate seeing him come in for more innings. I found it interesting that he has not given up a post season homerun in a decade. When they said that last night i just had to sit there and go damn 10 years and no home runs.

I hate Carl Pavano but you know we will get his best game tomorrow. I hope we treat him like a pinata.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    I hope they don't have to overuse mo. I hate seeing him come in for more innings. I found it interesting that he has not given up a post season homerun in a decade. When they said that last night i just had to sit there and go damn 10 years and no home runs.

I hate Carl Pavano but you know we will get his best game tomorrow. I hope we treat him like a pinata.

yea mo cant pitch as much as he used to..obviously

if he comes in tonight for a save.. ill be nervous just because of the 5 yes 5 outs last night
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    wish gardner advanced to 3rd on jeter's single in the 3rd after young bobbled that ball. could have changed the make up of the early innings.

great job by the pen. 2 games guaranteed now in NY. i'll take that.
    Earlier game today. I hope they put a crooked number on Pavano.
    This is awesome by the alwasy great Joe Pos

There’s nothing left really to say about his greatness. We all know the story. He throws that cutter precisely where he wants, it turns left just as it gets to the plate, and there has never been anyone quite like him.

Still, watching him break four bats on Wednesday night — I’m pretty sure he broke Denard Span’s bat when getting the last out of the eighth, then broke Orlando Hudson’s bat, Joe Mauer’s bat and Jim Thome’s bat in the ninth — was another awe-inspiring reminder. He clearly does not throw as hard as he once did. Teams have broken him down on video for more than a decade. We all KNOW exactly what he’s going to do. And still, major league hitters come up, they swing at his cutter, the ball breaks in two inches more than they expected, they break their bat. In Las Vegas, I’ve seen David Copperfield make a car appear out of thin air, and I’ve seen Lance Burton duel someone in a costume who turns out to be Lance Burton. I’m sure I could watch those tricks 50 times and never figure out how they are done. I’m sure I could watch those tricks 100 times and never figure out how they’re done.

But Mariano Rivera has pitched 1,150 innings in the big leagues. He has pitched another 135 or so postseason innings. He has faced almost 900 different big league hitters. And this same trick, precisely this same trick, works almost every time. The Twins may or may not be good enough to come back in this series. They will obviously need to beat up on the Yankees’ second-string starting pitchers, and try to hold their own against this relentless Yankees offense. What they do know is this: They ain’t going to win it in the ninth inning. Mariano Rivera turns 41 next month. He is aging just like the rest of us. But for one more year, it sure looks like nobody is going to beat the Yankees in the ninth inning.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think fuentes.

gotta love posada's inability to frame.

haha, well good.

Jorge Posada is one of my favorite baseball players of all time, by far. Sonny Corleone of the Yankees. But he has become a liability behind the plate in my opinion. As seen by the passed ball earlier.

For that liability, his two-out single was huge in that sixth, keeping that inning going. I think a passed ball for a two-out single that keeps a four-run going is a trade we'll live with.

I agree, I just think he has gone down hill defensively fast. It will be interesting to see how much he catches next year. Wonder when Montero will be up.
    well at least we have a normal start time tonight :)
  • only disappointing thing about sterling's home run call was that he was so flustered whether the home run was going to stay fair, he neglected to say, "You're on the Mark - Teixeira". At least he recovered in time for a solid win warble..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Let's Rock..!

My prediction....if the yankees go far in the playoffs Curtis Granderson will be a big reason why.
    Not sure why I feel that way but thats my vibe right now

Your prediction is off to a good start.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Let's Rock..!

My prediction....if the yankees go far in the playoffs Curtis Granderson will be a big reason why.
    Not sure why I feel that way but thats my vibe right now

Your prediction is off to a good start.

i thought about this last night..just didn't know where i saw it :mrgreen:

keep it going champagne
    cmon lets bury these ass-clowns and their lame fans
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,975
    only disappointing thing about sterling's home run call was that he was so flustered whether the home run was going to stay fair, he neglected to say, "You're on the Mark - Teixeira". At least he recovered in time for a solid win warble..

CANNOT stand Sterling. I think if I ever met him in person I wouldn't be able to hold back the natural reaction to punch him straight in the balls.

JOHN STERLING GETS HIT IN THE BALLS.

JOHN STERLING GETS HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT IN THE BALLS.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    It was great to beat a quality lefty starter in Liriano last night!
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    CANNOT stand Sterling. I think if I ever met him in person I wouldn't be able to hold back the natural reaction to punch him straight in the balls.

JOHN STERLING GETS HIT IN THE BALLS.

JOHN STERLING GETS HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT IN THE BALLS.

i think most yankee fans wouldn't hesitate to give the guy a serious nut tap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYQFyRz3 ... re=related