Veteran's day Wishlist signed McCready Poster

13»

Comments

• zappa99zappa99 Posts: 285
    I just called my Brother and Father and got 2 more donations (one an army vet the other air force). Right now there are 14 donations from the ten club, that gives anyone who donates, even a dollar, a 1 in 7 chance to win this:

http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=741

or a Mike McCready signed copy of this:

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/86399

All money is donated is used to send supplies to soldiers overseas through the Yellow Ribbon club.

http://www.yellowribbonclub.org/

I will not bump again, but as a former vet, it really does matter. (and 9 of our 14 doners are current or former servicemen)
  • SPJSPJ Posts: 255
    Good cause, donation sent.

C'mon people the money your saving on the goods section sale can be put to a good thing.
    Its time for the the drawing I put everones name in a box and first place is..............

Tuolumne Mama, please pick your prize and Pm me

and second place goes to..............

Shaun McGovern (sorry to give your real name) through \pay pal I didnt get your board name, you will recieve the prize the first place winner passed on.

Thank you to everyone who gave it is a good cause
  • loki34loki34 Posts: 111
    Congrats Mama. Thanks for doing this zappa99. Thank you to all the vets out there.
    "Billy Joel, Dave Matthews and Bon Jovi, who the f**k starts these rumors. And we don't need those f**ckin guy cause you got me!" EV Philly 4
  • SPJSPJ Posts: 255
    zappa99 wrote:
    Its time for the the drawing I put everones name in a box and first place is..............

Shaun McGovern (sorry to give your real name) through \pay pal I didnt get your board name, you will recieve the prize the first place winner passed on.

cool, I won second. Thanks
  • SPJ wrote:
    zappa99 wrote:

cool, I won second. Thanks

yay!! Congrats, guys!!

and nice work raising more $$$$
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • WOW, I just cannot believe this is happening. This has been an emotional day for me and never in a million years did this even cross my mind as a possibility. I cannot thank all of enough for your support to this cause and especially to Zappa99 for his ongoing commitment to the vets and tirelessly doing so much. Also congrats SJP.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    edited November 2009
    :D
    Post edited by Tuolumne Mama on
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• great job zappa 99 and congrats to the winners..enjoy
  • TravelarTravelar Posts: 3,391
    Excellent work and congrats to the winners.
    Thanks to everyone, I think we ended up with around 400 dollars donated. Congrats to the winners I will mail out your prizes on Monday.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    congrats winners. Thanks to Zappa as well for putting this together.
  • zappa99 wrote:
    Thanks to everyone, I think we ended up with around 400 dollars donated. Congrats to the winners I will mail out your prizes on Monday.

thank for putting this together,and thanks for the gift, its great
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
    Scot
    I cannot tell you how grateful we are about this donation. We just lost our free bulk shipping that we have had for 4 years. The company who was doing it had to downsize and do away with helping us. This just became an issue as I was informed last week that they can no longer ship for us. This money will help a great deal in keeping us going with shipping goodies to the troops. Thank you so very much. Its making me cry.

Leslie Drummond, Founder & President
    Yellow Ribbon Club
    PO Box 1385
    Marlton, NJ 08053

Thanks to everyone
  • zappa99 wrote:
    Scot
    I cannot tell you how grateful we are about this donation. We just lost our free bulk shipping that we have had for 4 years. The company who was doing it had to downsize and do away with helping us. This just became an issue as I was informed last week that they can no longer ship for us. This money will help a great deal in keeping us going with shipping goodies to the troops. Thank you so very much. Its making me cry.

Leslie Drummond, Founder & President
    Yellow Ribbon Club
    PO Box 1385
    Marlton, NJ 08053

Thanks to everyone

That's a shame about their shipping issue...but great timing for the donation!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    As a volunteer for The Yellow Ribbon Club, I have never been prouder to associate myself as a Pearl Jam fan with this community over the last month. I have seen nothing but giving, heart, and dedication. Thank you all for all that you have done here and with the Philly Pre Parties. Thank you to everyone for nothing that you would take and everything you gave.
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    anyone that lives a little north of Chicago...the Yellow Ribbon Club got a rare out of state request and the request has been accepted...For any of you PJ folks that live in Illinois near this, I beg/encourage you to go see a homecoming!!

http://www.yellowribbonclub.org/news.htm#100