How to control tour depression after that Philly Experience?

13»

Comments

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I combat lows with not only looking forward to what's next for the band, but also looking forward to what my other fave bands are up to, and their future tour dates. There's lots of great music out there to hear and see. :D
  • on2legs wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    And coming back home to a place where it's tough to explain to your friends at home about the experience, cause many aren't even into the band or stuff, takes the passion away sometimes.
    D

I know what u mean... people at work give me looks like I'm crazy when I tell I drove to Philly 3 times this week to see Pearl Jam.

They don't get it... but then again I don't get the guy at work who spends ridiculous amounts of money chroming every part of his motorcycle or the other guy who spent enough money for a down payment on a house putting after market crap on his truck.

So I guess it comes down to spending time doing what makes you happy even if other people don't always get it.

Ha Ha! I did the same thing! Everyone thought I was nuts, best thing I have done in a while and well worth it!! Thankfully I was able to crash at a friend's place after Saturday's show!

As far as the post tour blues... Bootlegs, plenty of bootlegs... and then the speculation of the next tour to re-light the spark of hope in the Pearl Jam experience.

I can relate. Alot of my friends have been breaking my balls, calling me a groupie or asking "didn't you already see them?" They don't understand the difference of each show and how every show produces different experience. They think I'm a weirdo but I could care less. I had one of, if not the best experience of my life this fall. Thanks to everyone who contributed to my memories!
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    totally agree with Little Italy and can relate- same for me in my life
    on the subject of depression best way to get over it is to do something nice for someone. Little big- just thinking of others takes the focus off ones self and really makes you feel better.
    An thank goodness we can all look forward to the next tour and more and more
  • dream of the next time!
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• gorga14gorga14 Posts: 103
    MayDay10 wrote:
    gorga14 wrote:
    boo.. i feel like my life has peaked and there is nothing left to look forward to.. so sad.. so i ordered another hoodie.. thats not normal is it?

normal.

just ordered a 10 of clubs hoodie and a green disease tee, :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i ordered the backspacer one a few days before the concert in a pre-emptive strike to battle the inevitable bummed out it's over period... i was like this will get in when i get back and BAM! i'll be cool. worked for a few days.. so i had to order the 10 of clubs hoodie too.. haha oh well.. long live spending binges
  • I hear ya. No one gets me and the fact that I went to 3 out of the 4 shows. We go from being on such a high that we just can't get enough! I've been watching Storytellers....and listening to old boots! Keeps me going!

I wish I was an Australian at home under the sun....
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I'm still depressed... could be a combo of Monday and being past the shows, but I need more. How greedy is that? :)
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    It hit me HARD last night...I starved it off for a whole week keeping myself busy with school and work... and last night, couldn't sleep, up late recovering from a weekend of night shift...
    I miss you all..

Where's that wine?
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    Well there is a small light at the end of the tunnel that will just get brighter&brighter looking forward to May :mrgreen:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....