How to control tour depression after that Philly Experience?

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    after 10/31, i don't know if i ever want to go to anouther show.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • this is true...it will be almost impossible for a show to compare to 10/31, best show I've ever seen
    I miss you alreddie.
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    plus my wallet needs a breather!!!!!!!!!
    Ain't that the truth.

Liam Finn twice next week. AIC (Twice) the week after. Getting together with PJ mates.

Knowing that it's time to start saving up for the next tour, for the next pre party, post party, off night party, all night party...

I've sworn off post tour depression. No time for lows!
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • ZidaneZidane Posts: 362
    I have to admit that on Monday, when people at work were asking me how it was... Damn it was hard to know that I have to wait for next year now!!!!

At the same time, it will be hard to go to the next PJ show 'cause that last one in Philly will be pretty hard to beat, I can say that much!!!
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• i'm having total tour depression already too!
    I NEEEEED these boots to come out ASAP!

..and then for pj to come to the east coas spring/summer :D
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • mikepmikep Posts: 290
    yeah...it was inevitable eh D? after such a high riding wave of a week(end) it can only go in one direction afterwards. But all the pics/vids/comments on fbook have been great and kept things better than usual after a pj concert set. Great to be able to connect with so many others and share the same awesome experiences and feelings, and even moreso after the shows if our usual worlds don't quite ''get it'' lol. And turns out most of us are connecting once again in that we are getting sick!! so in some ways we're still all in it together!
    96-11-Tor; 03-Mont; 05,13-London;05-Kitchnr, Hamltn; 06-Deroit;08-Mont(EV); 09-Albany(EV), Philly3&4; 10,13-Buff;10-NYC, Mt View; 11-(EV) Boston,Hart,Det,PJ20,Ott,Hamltn,Winnpg,Sask,Cal,Edmntn,Van; 12-Missoula; 13-Wrigley,Pitts,Port,Spok,Cal,Van,Sea.
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    This is actually the first set of shows that i didn't feel the post tour depression thing with :D I think maybe because i feel so lucky to have been there and i am just still in disbelief about the energy, setlists, everything :D I hope im not speaking too soon, because i know this feeling, and it sucks! A good way to knock it out though is to think about where close to you they will possibly play next :D Maybe even start a tour fund jar so it feels like you are working up to the next time you'll see a show :)
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    I tend to trade addictions, thank god ski season is just about here..
    Plus, I heard some MSG rumors in the not so distant future so theres that to look forward to..
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    Youtube and Facebook.
    xoxo
    Miss y'all.

And a nap.

Oh yeah, and a couple glasses of wine.

you mean a couple of bottles :D
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
    Aero83_ wrote:
    Plus, I heard some MSG rumors in the not so distant future so theres that to look forward to..

yeah but.. msg sounds like shit remember? :P
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Back in 03' I traveled for around 2 months going to shows. I had just finished undergrad and an internship at vh1 and celebrated by going to 14 shows. The last one being Hershey. I remember driving home and being sooooo depressed. In all honesty I've found the best remedy to be to listen to other music. Listening to pj will just bring back good, but in some way painful memories. Listen to something new, or something very different. I currently recommend Raphael Saddiq, Monsters of Folk or Blackrok which comes out soon. Sometimes you have to take your mind off of pj's awesomeness
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Aero83_ wrote:

No, but I'd love to find out first hand.. :D
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
    Aero83_ wrote:
    Aero83_ wrote:

No, but I'd love to find out first hand.. :D

haha ved commented on the msg sound at the philly shows :D thought it was funny.. "its a great building but..."
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

haha ved commented on the msg sound at the philly shows :D thought it was funny.. "its a great building but..."

That was pandering if you ask me heh. They love playing MSG too.

I'm not really depressed, more high from it and I don't want to come back to earth into normal life where I don't have time to think about Pearl Jam so much! Philly 4 was my 32nd show and was unique. I hope we get a DVD.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    Yeah feeling it but we will get boots & more shows before you know it, we are all very lucky to have a band that really cares about us as a whole no other band makes me feeel like this at all :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Yeah. I used to get really depressed too. Especially when there's no one around who really understands. This board helps to remember that there are others out there!
    there once was a note...LISTEN !
  • When we get the offical word that the shows will be released on DVD, it will lift my PJ depression. One can only hope.
  • jgs90jgs90 Posts: 16
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Look forward to the next tour -- 2010!!

Hell Yes. I can't wait for another show in my area.
    2009: Wachovia Spectrum 10/28
  • Post Tour depression???

It's not like you went to war or anything. 8-)

Go see a different band, there are many out there.

Find a hobby, volunteer, Fly a kite . . etc.
    NERDS!
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    how good is this. i went to the halloween show. went home sunday night. my ride fell through getting picked up from the airport coming back from philly ended up having to work so i got picked up from a person i shouldn't have. lots of whiskey and a big fight later i kept drinking...woke up in a parking lot. fired on monday. real job

interview at a restaurant at 2 tomorrow. ha.

i know this is not tour depression..but it's still good stuff

actually excited.
    i hate desks :D
  • how good is this. i went to the halloween show. went home sunday night. my ride fell through getting picked up from the airport coming back from philly ended up having to work so i got picked up from a person i shouldn't have. lots of whiskey and a big fight later i kept drinking...woke up in a parking lot. fired on monday. real job

interview at a restaurant at 2 tomorrow. ha.

i know this is not tour depression..but it's still good stuff

actually excited.
    i hate desks :D
    Thats pretty much by far the raddest story----> Way to make it memoriable!!! Those kind of experiences (when youre young and lacking responsibility) are the best!
  • Not only am I suffering from Pearl Jam post tour depression but I also caught the Pearl Jam plague while in Philly. :(
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • booze, weed & Touring Band 2000...that's how you get over the post tour blues! :mrgreen:
  • gorga14gorga14 Posts: 103
    boo.. i feel like my life has peaked and there is nothing left to look forward to.. so sad.. so i ordered another hoodie.. thats not normal is it?
  • one word - drinking
    Austin, TX
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
    How to control tour depression...

Two words...

EURO BOOTS!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    on2legs wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    And coming back home to a place where it's tough to explain to your friends at home about the experience, cause many aren't even into the band or stuff, takes the passion away sometimes.
    D

I know what u mean... people at work give me looks like I'm crazy when I tell I drove to Philly 3 times this week to see Pearl Jam.

They don't get it... but then again I don't get the guy at work who spends ridiculous amounts of money chroming every part of his motorcycle or the other guy who spent enough money for a down payment on a house putting after market crap on his truck.

So I guess it comes down to spending time doing what makes you happy even if other people don't always get it.

Ha Ha! I did the same thing! Everyone thought I was nuts, best thing I have done in a while and well worth it!! Thankfully I was able to crash at a friend's place after Saturday's show!

As far as the post tour blues... Bootlegs, plenty of bootlegs... and then the speculation of the next tour to re-light the spark of hope in the Pearl Jam experience.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • JaneNY wrote:

That was pandering if you ask me heh. They love playing MSG too.

I'm not really depressed, more high from it and I don't want to come back to earth into normal life where I don't have time to think about Pearl Jam so much! Philly 4 was my 32nd show and was unique. I hope we get a DVD.

Yeah, just listen to the last MSG bootleg. If you haven't been to MSG to see them get there. The whole arena bounces when the crowd gets going.
    http://twitter.com/DarthSpacegrass
    Maple Leaf Gardens - Sep 21 - Downing Stadium, Randall's Island - Sep 28,29 1996 Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29 - Continental Arena - Sep 08 - MSG - Sep 10,11 1998 Jones Beach Music Theatre - Aug 24,25 2000 MSG - Jun 25, 2008 United Center - Aug 23,24 - Philly Spectrum - October 28,31 2009 PruCenter - May 18 - MSG - May 20,21 2010
  • andrewbandrewb Posts: 488
    For me, the Yankees winning could not have come at a better time. Feelin the PJ withdrawal pretty hard. I hope the high of winning the championship will hold over until the boots come. That's when I am usually able to move on :mrgreen:
    PJ
    6/03/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/28/08 8/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 3/13/10 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10 5/21/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/2/12 10/18/13 10/19/13 10/25/13 10/22/14 9/26/15 5/1/16 5/2/16 8/5/16 8/7/16 8/20/16 4/7/17

Ed Ved
    8/5/08 6/12/09 6/21/11 6/22/11

Brad
    5/23/12

Soundgarden
    7/9/11 1/23/13 8/1/14

RNDM
    3/7/16
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    gorga14 wrote:
    boo.. i feel like my life has peaked and there is nothing left to look forward to.. so sad.. so i ordered another hoodie.. thats not normal is it?

normal.

just ordered a 10 of clubs hoodie and a green disease tee, :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: