Options

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,752
    Saw it lastnight. iMax was sold out! Hopefully catch it again next week. I think it was great. The animation & CGI was top notch. There were themes/parts of the film that had that touch & feel of the film Princess Mononke & Castle in the Sky. If you have seen these 2 anime films, you will know what i'm talking about. Both films are by Hayao Miyazaki. I know James Cameron is a huge anime nut, just like myself! :D
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Saw it lastnight. iMax was sold out! Hopefully catch it again next week. I think it was great. The animation & CGI was top notch. There were themes/parts of the film that had that touch & feel of the film Princess Mononke & Castle in the Sky. If you have seen these 2 anime films, you will know what i'm talking about. Both films are by . I know James Cameron is a huge anime nut, just like myself! :D

spirited away blows the doors off of princess mononke and castle in the sky!!!!!!!

just kidding i have never saw any of them. just wanted to see how it felt when nerds debate. :lol:
  • Options
    I saw it last night it was awesome I loved it.
    My brother on the other hand thought it sucked.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    Run...don't walk to the theaters and see this.

It has my stamp of approval.

Cynics and people who don't have fun in general won't like it. but it doesn't keep this movie from being and incredible movie experience.
  • Options
    worst movie i have ever seen. their were blue people in the movie. i'm calling bullshit, i think they were fake.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718

Cynics and people who don't have fun in general won't like it. but it doesn't keep this movie from being and incredible movie experience.
    Did you see it in 3D?

I only want to see it in 3D. Is it worth seeing normal?
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188

Did you see it in 3D?

Nah, you have to watch this in 3D. There's shitload of CGI here, but they blend really well with all the live action and real actors.
  • Options
    Purely magical movie. It leaves you wanting so much more. the 3 hours fly by.

The story is great. I found elements of Dances with Wolves and the Matrix.

I don't want to spoil anything.....but do yourself a favor and go see this movie now. Take someone you love.
  • Options
    I found elements of Dances with Wolves and the Matrix.

D'oh! Forgot to add the Matrix element also found in the film. Getting plugged into the Avatar. With Princess Mononoke & Castle In The Sky elements I understand. It's been a while & can't remember much of Dances with Wolves. Gotta love Jame's compilation on his film.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Saw it lastnight. iMax was sold out! Hopefully catch it again next week. I think it was great. The animation & CGI was top notch. There were themes/parts of the film that had that touch & feel of the film Princess Mononke & Castle in the Sky. If you have seen these 2 anime films, you will know what i'm talking about. Both films are by . I know James Cameron is a huge anime nut, just like myself! :D

spirited away blows the doors off of princess mononke and castle in the sky!!!!!!!

just kidding i have never saw any of them. just wanted to see how it felt when nerds debate. :lol:

:twisted:

Spirited Away & Castle In The Sky has that magic/kid's/fantasty feel. But i'll tell you, you will enjoy watching Princess Mononke. I promise. Check it out sometime. One of my favorite film's of all time. Not kidding! :)
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Saw it two days ago. Looked great. Story was too basic. I normally can tell if I really like a movie because I think about it a lot in the few days after I see it. Didn't think about this one much at all.

3.5 stars out of 5
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    KevDylan wrote:

Did you see it in 3D?

Nah, you have to watch this in 3D. There's shitload of CGI here, but they blend really well with all the live action and real actors.
    Hopefully the crowds die down so I can catch it in 3D before it leaves theaters. Eventually they will sell a 3D Blu-ray, but that just means I have to buy another new TV. :?
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Saw it two days ago. Looked great. Story was too basic. I normally can tell if I really like a movie because I think about it a lot in the few days after I see it. Didn't think about this one much at all.

3.5 stars out of 5

bummer.
    honestly, from the previews i thought it was shit. yea, visually looked cool, but figured a lame-ass plot. then i read some reviews, and even the NY times gave it like an A-, so i got more hopeful. i know my husband will definitely want to see it. i guess if i go into it knowing it is basic and obvious, and just plan on being visually dazzled...perhaps that will help? hope it's entertaining...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    PJPJ Posts: 282
    curious did u see it in 3d? I feel that the imax 3d really enhanced the story. It put you in the world, I really enjoyed it.
    2006-06-01 E. Rutherford 1
    2008-06-24 NYC: MSG 1
    2008-06-25 NYC: MSG 2
  • Options
    PJ wrote:
    curious did u see it in 3d? I feel that the imax 3d really enhanced the story. It put you in the world, I really enjoyed it.

not seeing it at an imax theatre, but definitely 3D. 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Is this movie about the Smurfs?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,866
    SO what is the verdict anyone see it yet, worth the watch????
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,856
    Danimal wrote:
    Is this movie about the Smurfs?

LOL yeah it's called "Dances with Smurfs"

I wanted to see it the weekend it came out but we got it hard with snow so i couldn't. Hopefully gonna try and see it this weekend in IMAX 3D.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    SO what is the verdict anyone see it yet, worth the watch????

YES YES YES
    3D ONLY
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    very predictable movie. i think i could have written the plot with a monkey as my scribe.

regardless, it was visually very amazing. i would have liked it as much without dialogue.

see it in 3D.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Beautiful film to watch, yes it may have a storyline that seems strangely familiar, but loved it anyway. Saw it in 3d which was well worth it. Even cryed a bit.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,856
    Well finally saw Avatar earlier today. Wanted to see it in IMAX 3D, but it's only playing in one theater near me in King Of Prussia and everytime I'm free it's always sold out, So I just saw it in 3D. It was good. Story and plot were very predictable like everyone said, but the visuals and CG were amazing (also like everyone is saying :lol:) . Might try and see it again in IMAX 3D.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    I liked the movie a good bit. Visually great. A good story although not orginal.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    did anyone else get turned on by the chick avatar, sexy body
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Saw it in 3D over the weekend. Wow!!

Yes, the story is a little derivative. You've seen it or heard it before. But that doesn't really matter. The near 3 hours fly by. The effects are just stunning.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    did anyone else get turned on by the chick avatar, sexy body
    yeah...she was not too shabby :lol:
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    jimed14 wrote:

Al Vatar; The one with Al Bundy! hahaha! That shit was hilarious!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Saw it in 3D last night, the story was a tad predictable, but visually it was STUNNING! I'm not massively into sci-fi/fantasy films, but it was still really enjoyable.
  • Options
    I only went because my boyfriend wanted to see it. I almost fell asleep. So boring, to long. Yeah, the flourescent shit was cool but I find that 3D movies are visually dull throughout most of it. To long at almost 3 hours. I did like Sigourney Weaver though, nice to see her still around.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

"do gay midgets come out of the cupboard"
    ~CreedDisease~

10/27/06