How many people got the Swine flu in Philly?

Comments

• mikepmikep Posts: 290
    mikep wrote:
    yup i got it as well...
    Hit me hard and fast after philly was over and now on tamiflu. Feeling like crap although possible a little better this evening (fingers crossed going into the night). crazy how so many of us have come down with it or some sort of illness. Though as someone pointed out, ~18000 peeps will definitely expose us and 90% of the flu going around now is h1n1. Though it's odd cause usually takes 4-7 days for symptoms to show up. Perhaps it was the days of partying and screaming and having an utter blast that wore us down a bit. some peeps on facebook are calling it pearl jam plague.

I'd do it all again as well:)
    get well everyone.
    m

yeah thats weird!! i was thinking the same thing, cuz i literally started feeling sick right after the fourth show..Felt great during all the others.. maybe hanging out in the chilly rain made it incubate way faster? Plus im sure all the physical exhaustion we endured from the show made it way easier for viruses to sneak in.. Im hoping that by tomorrow i'll feel back to normal again.. Warm thoughts , tea and soup to you all. Feel better :)

i think it's more along the lines that with the physical exhaustion etc., perhaps it somewhat impaired our immune defenses, allowing us to perhaps develop symptoms faster than usual. i'm in health care so i assumed i got it from work last week and it happened to show up after the philly shows. I too felt perfect in philly during the fun. So yah either a giant coincidence or the tiring alcohol late night filled week of awesome tipped us over. I'm gonna just say that my immune system was too busy rocking out to PJ ;)
    96-11-Tor; 03-Mont; 05,13-London;05-Kitchnr, Hamltn; 06-Deroit;08-Mont(EV); 09-Albany(EV), Philly3&4; 10,13-Buff;10-NYC, Mt View; 11-(EV) Boston,Hart,Det,PJ20,Ott,Hamltn,Winnpg,Sask,Cal,Edmntn,Van; 12-Missoula; 13-Wrigley,Pitts,Port,Spok,Cal,Van,Sea.
  • loki34loki34 Posts: 111
    My poor wife was just getting over being sick last monday and then Philly happened. She now is sicker than she was last week, but she would do it all over again in a heartbeat.
    "Billy Joel, Dave Matthews and Bon Jovi, who the f**k starts these rumors. And we don't need those f**ckin guy cause you got me!" EV Philly 4
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I got the Pearls before swine flu !!! :sick: My head feels like a Macy's parade float !!
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Just got off the phone with a friend who is also very sick and confirmed that 2 more people that were in Philly have swine flu now. Take care everybody and hope you all get well.
  • during night 4, my body told me it had enough, and by the time we got to the Eagle/Giants game, I knew I was in trouble!! I haven't had a cold this bad in years :-(

:( I'm sorry you are so sick... Mike is really sick too, he has been feeling miserable since Sunday.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • I find it very humorous that there is a thread for this. I woke up sunday am with a horrible sore throat- attributed it to the massive amounts of screaming 2 nights in a row. Then, driving home from Milwaukee, it hit me hard! I was almost certain that I was the flu. Went to the dr. yesturday, said it was just a cold. But, I won't complain about another 2 days off of work to help recuperate... :D
  • SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 256
    I woke up Sunday morning with a bit of a fever. I figured I was just hung over, but I knew I felt strange. It got worse and worse until I finally dragged my as into the doctor. I do indeed have H1N1. I currentlly have 104 temp. Pretty crazy that this was rampant in the arena.

I thought I would never forget the night because of "Bugs", but I now know I will never forget the night because of the bug I caught.
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Gmoney wrote:
    wait, i know swine flu is going around, but i cant believe all these people got sick at a concert!! Is there something I dont know?

yeah kind of mind blowing.... I mean i know we were all pressed against each other in the spectrum hall way but jeeez :mrgreen:
    I know, I know, but ive been to many concerts recently and ride a packed train to and from work everyday but i havent heard of anything like this. Leathermandi- cough into your elbow from now on, look what you've done ;)
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    Gmoney wrote:
    Gmoney wrote:
    wait, i know swine flu is going around, but i cant believe all these people got sick at a concert!! Is there something I dont know?

yeah kind of mind blowing.... I mean i know we were all pressed against each other in the spectrum hall way but jeeez :mrgreen:
    I know, I know, but ive been to many concerts recently and ride a packed train to and from work everyday but i havent heard of anything like this. Leathermandi- cough into your elbow from now on, look what you've done ;)

actually, I think a concert is a prime place to spread it. it can be caught if someone infected near you coughs or sneezes...also, think of the handrails, doors etc that got touched during the show. This isn't that much different from the flu spreading through the schools...could be possibly worse.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Aches, cold, cough and lack of appetite. I don't think it's h1n1 though, just a bad cold probably from exhaustion and walking around in the rain for much of Saturday.
  • I feel like death... got back to the UK Monday afternoon and woke up Tuesday feeling like Death!!! Another 5 days off work!!! Well at least I have the boots to listen to!
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Holy shit, what is Philly infested with disease infested people? It seems like everyones response was "im sick as hell, i got the swine flu, im coughing alot."

I got back with my throat bothering me and was coughing, sneezing, and had a runny nose all through sunday. But im fine now.

I was also drinking every night that week from tuesday-saturday, driving/being driven alot (went to philly then boston in those few days) and screamed my lungs out the PJ show. not to mention it is cold out :lol:
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i've had a sore throat, which i attribute to yellling and singing, however, i think something else is on it's way.

i've been to plenty of concerts and never had a sore throat for a 4 days (and counting) afterwards. i figure by the weekend, i'm going to be full blown sick.

friggen philly.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • count me in as sick too......i rarely post, but just had to log in so i can be counted amongst the sick....dont think its swine, unless it has yet to hit me, but just a bad cold, very sore throat and neck, a terrible bad cough, and tired and achey. i would think i would know it if it was the flu, and hopefully it doesnt progress to that!

but being in philly friday and saturday, man it was worth it LOL! but hearing that peeps went, knowing they had swine, thats just not cool....i would hate to bring something like this home to my kids after practically disinfecting them every day when they get home from school! Hubby seems to be fine, so i am extra milking this one out teehee..but i feel like real crap..havent gotten out of my PJs since sunday!

and what is with the people sneezing up in the air in the hallways when we were all smushed together--i just KNOW thats how i got it, there was no escaping the germs in that crowd! like a human petri dish indeed.

hope everyone gets better soon! take those vitamin C's!!!
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Hinn wrote:
    I'd happily trade in this clean bill of health for more G2 action!

G2 for life!

Awww yeah!!
    I feel the same way!!
    (healthy and missing G2 that is..)
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    81 wrote:
    i've had a sore throat, which i attribute to yellling and singing, however, i think something else is on it's way.

i've been to plenty of concerts and never had a sore throat for a 4 days (and counting) afterwards. i figure by the weekend, i'm going to be full blown sick.

friggen philly.

Start popping the Vitamin C, D-3 and Echinacea. These are good for fighting illness and boosting immunity. I brought D-3 and C along with me to Philly and took them every day. I had felt like I was coming down with something but I think I headed it off as I'm fine now.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Hinn wrote:
    I'd happily trade in this clean bill of health for more G2 action!

G2 for life!

Awww yeah!!
    I feel the same way!!
    (healthy and missing G2 that is..)

!! G2 sooo worth the green gunk I've got today!!! I miss everyone (though no one would want to hug me right now, myself included!)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • My wife got the piggy flu... saturday we both had a sore throat and cough and just attibuted it to yelling/smoking at the concert. Hers got worse on Sunday and mine got better, by Monday she was deathly ill... and confirmed that she has the H1N1. She definitely picked it up on Saturday cause she didn't leave the house on Thursday or Friday (we have a 4 month old). Our baby boy is with his g-ma all week :(
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • My sis in law got it after Friday's show. I got it Sunday and bro in law too.

Damn Phillies!!
    there once was a note...LISTEN !
  • Though it was cause of all the screaming and taking in 4 shows ...but I've done that before.
    Felt like my body was slammed against a wall. Dry cough but no fever.
    You people with symptoms need to get Tamaflu within 48hrs.
    Luckily I did and am feeling much better. :D
    Good luck people!!
    there once was a note...LISTEN !
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    Damm!! SORRY to hear so many are SICK. I was at all 4 shows, and so far i have NO symptons, except tired as hell and my body a little achey from JAMMING> :lol: I don't know if this helped or not, but i took a AIRBORNE tablet, before i left for each show. Maybe its just LUCK, i don't know, but i've been taking them for the last year, and i haven't even gotten a COLD... YET.
  • Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    vedhead60 wrote:
    My sis in law got it after Friday's show. I got it Sunday and bro in law too.

Damn Phillies!!

Phillies !?! I never suspected them (just heart burn and sleepless nights). I thought it was from the roast pork sandwich I ate at Tony Lukes...

:shock:
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    JaneNY wrote:
    81 wrote:

friggen philly.

Start popping the Vitamin C, D-3 and Echinacea. These are good for fighting illness and boosting immunity. I brought D-3 and C along with me to Philly and took them every day. I had felt like I was coming down with something but I think I headed it off as I'm fine now.

i've been taking that airborne stuff.

we'll see how things go
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I`ve gone down with something after leaving Philly as well, finally gave in and took a day off work today. I`ve been feeling like shit since Sunday but I thought it was just from fatigue of the previous four days .... apparently not
  • Count me in on the flu started Tuesday morning.... I have been in bed for 3 day 104 degree temp.... luckily it has know retreated, watching for a secondary bacterial infection....Good luck all

Just wondering how many of the folks who go sick were on the floor? I am thinking the coffetti /balloons made all the airborn virus particles land on us.... I knew I should not have picked up the balloons!
  • kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    I don't know what I have, but I have something. :(
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • slingsling Posts: 169
    If it makes you guys feel any better, I'm pretty sure my boyfriend and I caught H1N1 at the Portland show in September. So we West Coast PJ-ers are germy too!

For those of you who are saying "It's just a bad cold", that's what I kept saying when my boyfriend would insist it was the flu. Then one of his coworkers with the same symptoms got tested and it turned out to really be swine flu. I guess that's why it spreads so quickly; from everybody thinking it's just a bad cold while giving it to everybody else. :)

Apparently swine flu is less severe than the regular flu... If you've got cold symptoms with a mild fever and low energy, there seems to be a pretty good chance you have it! Like somebody else said, 90 percent of the flu out there right now is H1N1. You can also feel better for a bit... But then the tiredness and other stuff keeps hanging on for like 2 weeks...

Now get off the boards and go rest! :)
  • crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,380
    been out of work the last 2 days...wow pearl jam flu, is that an excuse...
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • Just got back from the doctors and I apparently have the standard flu.....not the one from the swine.

I was @ the Friday and epic Saturday show. I think the sickness could have something to do with the pouring rain from Saturday night before going into the show. Standing in line soaking wet in that crap couldn't have helped.
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    crazygeo wrote:
    been out of work the last 2 days...wow pearl jam flu, is that an excuse...

haha P1J1

Yeah I missed 2 days of work as well. Small price to pay for a great weekend.