let the rumors begin

Comments

• [quote="A co-worker of mine just told me his dad knows a guy from Comcast Spectacor and for Saturday’s show, Pearl Jam is scheduled to play up until 3 am with Springsteen,Billy Joel and Dave Matthews as guests.[/quote]

hahaha!! most awesomely insane rumor ever!!!
    Give way to nature ...
  • Who cares who makes an appearance, Pearl Jam will definitely be there!!
    6/16/2008 Columbia, SC, 10/30/09-10/31/09 Philly, EV Solo 6/26/11 Detroit, 9/3/11-9/4/11 Alpine Valley, 9/30/2012 Missoula,MT 7/16/13 London, ON *****FIRST ROW****, 7/19/13 Chicago, IL, 10/30/13 Charlotte, NC. 4/21/2008 Columbia, SC, 5/2/2016 MSG2
  • my uncle's, brother's, 3rd cousin heard pete townsend is playing along with the surviving memebers of nirvana. who then pass it on to soundgarden!! then pearl jam plays with neil and crazy horse until sunday nights curfew!! can't wait, see you all there...anybody dressing in costume?
  • If Paul McCartney can fly into NYC for 2 or 3 songs with Billy Joel to close Shea Stadium, then anything can happen, right? LOL
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,103
    uglybabo wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    bradhos wrote:
    just got an email from a friend:

A co-worker of mine just told me his dad knows a guy from Comcast Spectacor and for Saturday’s show, Pearl Jam is scheduled to play up until 3 am with Springsteen,Billy Joel and Dave Matthews as guests.

im sure some of this is true, i can see pj wanting to share the honer of closing the spectrum with other artists/bands that have had a history there.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but hadn't Ed openly dissed Dave Matthews on numerous occasions during shows? I highly doubt that we'll see DM perform with PJ any time soon...

http://www.weeklydavespeak.com/news/DM_ ... 111704.php

I'm not a Dave Matthews fan, but I don't think there is any bad blood between him and Pearl Jam.

Also, I may be in the minority, but Billy Joel would be awesome.
    I'm with you. I went to see Billy Joel with a friend, she's a big fan... I was extremely impressed. First of all, his voice is still great, his back-up band was impressive, the energy in the place was surprisingly good, and his piano playing is freaking great. He covered an Oscar Peterson, which, as a fan who met him before he passed away, was pretty special to me.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • it will definitely be a late night, that's for sure. "guaranteed".

as for the guests, its just as fun not knowing so please no spoilers!

Is anyone else that's taking public transit to the show concerned that the subway and buses won't be running when the show let's out? To that end, what time does the subway stop running in Philly? In Boston, trains stop running between 12 and 12:30 :?
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
    it will definitely be a late night, that's for sure. "guaranteed".

Is anyone else that's taking public transit to the show concerned that the subway and buses won't be running when the show let's out? To that end, what time does the subway stop running in Philly? In Boston, trains stop running between 12 and 12:30 :?

The Phils game will be letting out around 12 or 12:30 as well. So long as SEPTA isn't on strike, which is being considered, I have to think the subways will be running really late into the night.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i hear Dr J is on Bass
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    Who cares who makes an appearance, Pearl Jam will definitely be there!!
    amen.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    it will definitely be a late night, that's for sure. "guaranteed".

The Phils game will be letting out around 12 or 12:30 as well. So long as SEPTA isn't on strike, which is being considered, I have to think the subways will be running really late into the night.

Or they will run shuttle buses like they usually do at those times.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • andrewbandrewb Posts: 488
    If all this were true, why would BAD RELIGION be opening the shows? This shit is ridiculous
    PJ
    6/03/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/28/08 8/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 3/13/10 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10 5/21/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/2/12 10/18/13 10/19/13 10/25/13 10/22/14 9/26/15 5/1/16 5/2/16 8/5/16 8/7/16 8/20/16 4/7/17

Ed Ved
    8/5/08 6/12/09 6/21/11 6/22/11

Brad
    5/23/12

Soundgarden
    7/9/11 1/23/13 8/1/14

RNDM
    3/7/16
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Get_Right wrote:
    begin????? :lol::lol:

ok so that means perhaps an extended curfew and special guests

:mrgreen:

i always love how you are the tempered voice of reason. :D
    i hope it's 99% pearl jam, and then perhaps encores with special guests. but whateva. i've got 2 nights back to back of live pj, i am a happy dreamer. 8-)

btw - wtf is with major cities and not running their public transport 24/7? sheesh. :? :|:mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• blkkatsblkkats Posts: 30
    Evergreen wrote:
    Billy Joel AND DMB...*gag*

I guess that would be a great time for food/bathroom/beer/merch.

EXACTELY!

07/12/2003 - Hershey Stadium - York, PA

10/31/2009 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    DMB - Not sure of a song they could do together.

Billy Joel - Would love to see them play Big Shot.

I would have to bet Bruce being a given, but my luck usually sucks when I make bets....

I am hoping for either Ed or Mike to come out for a song with Social Distortion. Or Mike Ness to come out and play with PJ.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • DMB - Not sure of a song they could do together.

I would have to bet Bruce being a given, but my luck usually sucks when I make bets....

I am hoping for either Ed or Mike to come out for a song with Social Distortion. Or Mike Ness to come out and play with PJ.

Social D isn't playing that night, it's Bad Religion.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259

I know, just meant in general over the first two nights....
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?

I know, just meant in general over the first two nights....

Ah gotcha. Yeah that would be pretty cool.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • Uncle Neil would be the best surprise!
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    ra288388 wrote:
    Uncle Neil would be the best surprise!

yes it would
  • InMyTree4 wrote:
    the rumors i heard was they are going to play rival, no way, breath, and bugs every night :lol: oh and hummus
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • cutz wrote:
    I heard since it is Halloween Jim Morrison is rising from the dead to play a few Doors tunes and Jimmy Hendrix will be playing the solo during Alive with Mike.

:lol::lol::lol: I love this one, and it kinda puts this rumor BS, into perspective.
    :lol::lol::lol: and they will connect with a spaceship..Elvis is on a mission
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,311
    Billy Joel = GAG.

I heard everyone will get a free gallon of gasoline and during Yellow Ledbetter we'll burn the spectrum down....
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,311
    Evergreen wrote:
    bradhos wrote:
    just got an email from a friend:

A co-worker of mine just told me his dad knows a guy from Comcast Spectacor and for Saturday’s show, Pearl Jam is scheduled to play up until 3 am with Springsteen,Billy Joel and Dave Matthews as guests.

im sure some of this is true, i can see pj wanting to share the honer of closing the spectrum with other artists/bands that have had a history there.

Billy Joel AND DMB...*gag*

I guess that would be a great time for food/bathroom/beer/merch.

Agreed :)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • SKELLERSKELLER Posts: 165
    A buddy of mine just told me that HE got and email from his buddy and John Lennon and then Elvis will be guest appearances.
    "I can't tell you how many ways that I've sat and viewed my life today." - Shannon Hoon.

I think that new song Time Bomb would sound pretty bad ass.
  • The only thing worse than these absurd rumors is the countless people who then make the "My brothers cousins roomates friend said...." jokes. They arent funny any more, either are these rumors.
    Hartford '06 Camden '06 East Rutherford '06
    Madrid '07 Munich '07 London '07
    Camden '08 MSG I '08 MSG II '08 Hartford '08 Mansfield '08
    Philly II '09 Philly III '09 Philly IV '09
    Hartford '10 MSG I '10 MSG II '10
    Made in America Fest Philly '12
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    JM111623 wrote:

I think that new song Time Bomb would sound pretty bad ass.

Agreed!!!!!!!!!! :D
    My lips are shaking.......
  • JW0422JW0422 Posts: 170
    Springsteen's cousin just died and he canceled his Monday show in Kansas City, his cousin was one of the road crew, I am not sure if this will have anything to do with the rumors of him showing up on Halloween for the Last Show at the Spectrum.
  • Pearl Jam is way too cool for Billy Joel, and don't know if they're good enough friends with Dave Matthews outside of a couple of Bridge shows/festivals maybe.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Pearl Jam is way too cool for Billy Joel, and don't know if they're good enough friends with Dave Matthews outside of a couple of Bridge shows/festivals maybe.

On second thought, I would kill to hear them cover "Uptown Girl" with Billy Joel. :lol::lol::lol:

I was at a tiny bar once when a dude who looked like Ed and sounded like Ed sang Piano Man, sounded really good, then walked out. It was between Roskilde and the 2000 tour kickoff... I didn't think much of it at the time until after it happened, and to this day I wonder...
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!