ATTENTION: Philly Wishlist Parties HAVE MOVED! Please Read!

Comments

• what is up for auction ?
    i know it was on the other thread but i cant find it

Here's the link, enjoy browsing :Dviewtopic.php?f=4&t=108747
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Cheesesteaks, beverages, and phenomenal auction and raffle items all for very worthwhile causes, The Yellow Ribbon Club and Family House, and of course, FOUR incredible nights of music from Pearl Jam! Vets, families, sports, and PJ fans all in one place. Please help spread the word about the change in sites to McFadden's for the pre-parties for nights 1,2, and 3. Thanks.

Can't wait....I am so excited

I have been spreading the word about the locale change.

Elway/Dave call me if you need anything. I missed out on the Tom Tomorrow poster sale so I will be bidding for one at the auction.

Glad to hear it woundedorgan! Stay tuned and keep those positive vibes for a spot for a pre-party on the 31st. Thanks.
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• petrocs wrote:
    dont forget peeps that we will be raffling off 3 $50 Mcfadden's gift cards, 1 each night so 3 lucky SOBs are going to eat/drink $50 worth for free!!

and they better buy me a beer

I heard drinks were on you that night Petrocs, LOL! :lol:

• Don't forget to pm elwayvedder your bids for auction items you're interested in if you won't be at the preparty that day. Thanks.

• luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    my hat is off to you dave for coming up with the alternate location.
    it's never easy when last minute things/weather issues come up.

if there is anything i can do to help you from here until i get there on thursday, please feel free to pm me and let me know.
    much love and mad props to you and to joni too for all the bumpity bumps
    :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • A luv-bump-ismytower! Thanks your support means the world. Down but ain't out in the least. Gonna run those Rocky steps to prove it - accepting contributions for the charities of course, LOL. Also the Yuenling's on ice.:-D See you Friday!

• Bumping the auction and raffle link, enjoy browsing and bidding. :Dviewtopic.php?f=4&t=108747

• Scott36Scott36 Posts: 109
    Posting in this thread also...

This is just a suggestion, and I have no idea if it has already been considered/explored...

It might be worth checking with the Holiday Inn next to the Spectrum to see if they'd be willing to donate the use of their ballroom for the 10/31 Wishlist Pre-Party. If the ballroom isn't booked at this juncture, it would seem to make sense that they might be willing to let it go to the good use of a charitable cause. Plus, it would bring them a lot of additional revenue from alcohol sales. Anyway, just throwing it out there.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/e ... es?start=1

You guys that have put all this together have certainly gone above and beyond the call of duty. Sounds like it will be an awesome time! I'm definitely hoping to hit at least one of the pre-parties, but I will hold off on posting a definitive RSVP until my brother and I finalize our PJ plans!
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    Scott36 wrote:
    Posting in this thread also...

This is just a suggestion, and I have no idea if it has already been considered/explored...

It might be worth checking with the Holiday Inn next to the Spectrum to see if they'd be willing to donate the use of their ballroom for the 10/31 Wishlist Pre-Party. If the ballroom isn't booked at this juncture, it would seem to make sense that they might be willing to let it go to the good use of a charitable cause. Plus, it would bring them a lot of additional revenue from alcohol sales. Anyway, just throwing it out there.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/e ... es?start=1

You guys that have put all this together have certainly gone above and beyond the call of duty. Sounds like it will be an awesome time! I'm definitely hoping to hit at least one of the pre-parties, but I will hold off on posting a definitive RSVP until my brother and I finalize our PJ plans!

Thanks Scott. It didnt occur to me to use the hotel itself. I called the bar inside it every day since last tuesday and they wont call me back but i never thought of the hotel. i will call them today
    dave
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    we found a place for 10/31!!

10/31 Philly Wishlist Pre Party 12-4 PM at The Turb Club on 700 Packer Avenue (215-551-8270)

Details:
    The Turf Club is located only a short few blocks away from The Spectrum located at 700 Packer Ave (on the corner of Darien St & Packer Ave).

Parking spaces at the Turf Club are provided on a 1st come, 1st serve basis. All cars must be moved immediately at 4 PM after our pre party is over as they need the spots to open up for the World Series.

We will have our own section for our pre party with a cash bar. Pabst Blue Ribbon Draft specials at $2.50 + tax each. Other domestic drafts start at $3.25+ tax each.

See you there at 12 PM with raffle and auction items to commence approximately at 2 PM. We need to be out of there by 4 which gives everyone plenty of time to go park down at the Spectrum and tail gate. Maybe we can even follow each other and do our tailgate together?

As always, PM me with questions. Thanks for everyone's help and patience with this as I know its not easy on anyone trying to plan accordingly. More importantly, thank you to everyone who donated time, money, items, and help!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    bump
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

up up up
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team

• mrs.smileymrs.smiley Posts: 422
    edited October 2009
    A hearty bump/pat on the back to fearless leader Dave for securing us our spot for Halloween & just for point of reference Turf Club is just on opposite side of The Bank/Phillies venue from Spectrum.

So for 1st 3 nites just crossover Pattison Ave ("front of Spectrum) & Mc Faddens is right there on outside of "Phillies Park" For Halloween, continue thru past Phillies & Turf Club is behind on Packer Ave. A bit of a hike but certainly doable as we will be all hopped up on pre-party/PJam/Halloween/Maybe some of us other things as well!?

Thanks Dave, Thanks McFaddens, Thanks Turf Club, & thanks Joni for your dedicated bumps & extra reminders/important info :mrgreen: Keep on smilin'
    Post edited by mrs.smiley on
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • We're talkin only days people!!! Get your change cashed in @ coinstar, search your pockets, set up paypal acct, forgo your AM Starbucks for 2 great causes!-Yellow Ribbon Club & The Gift of Life Family House!

This plus PJ closing the historic Spectrum, Halloween, Phillies in WS, Flyers, Hell even the Sixers-can't get any better than this!!!
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
  • Just adding to Mrs Smiley's post. Dig in those furniture cushions and clean out your coat pockets. Under the car seat is another good place to look. Lots of great raffle items along with the auctions items. Don't forget to check out the new spot for 10/31. Miracle Max Dave does it again, now I'm only mostly dead which is slightly alive. Sorry for the bad pun but it's been a long night.

• :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Just another bump to tha top! For ya Phillies fans out there & just plain Philly folks http://www.guerrilladelphia.com sums it all up :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
  • YOU GET BACK UP THERE!!!!
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
  • mrs.smiley wrote:
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Just another bump to tha top! For ya Phillies fans out there & just plain Philly folks http://www.guerrilladelphia.com sums it all up :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

What about us outsiders??? :cry::lol:

• Please see list of items found here (http://www.yellowribbonclub.org) that are brothers and sisters now serving overseas have a need for. Carepackages will be sent to these soldiers and there are many items needed on the list. It would be really awesome if everyone attending could bring at least one item from the list to the preparties so that many care packages can be sent. Please see the list and all donations will be greatly appreciated and collected at the door. Thanks for being the greatest fans of the greatest band in the world. Joni

• Bumpin up.

• mrs.smiley wrote:
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Just another bump to tha top! For ya Phillies fans out there & just plain Philly folks http://www.guerrilladelphia.com sums it all up :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

What about us outsiders??? :cry::lol:
    Let this serve as bump # 1 for the hour & apology for making anyone feel like an outsider :oops: . Can't help but be caught up & still thought chorus was apt seein what you guys were up against & you still refused to be stopped :mrgreen: U R the best!
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
  • Anotha bump-back to the top ya go! Wheeeeeeeeeeee :lol:
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,573
    bumpfv.gif
  • Plain old evening bump. :D

• A you belong back @ the top bump! :mrgreen:
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
  • Good morning or good night bump.

good morning from chicago
    bump :D
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,573
    lunch time bump from nova scotia! 8-)
  • Keep on bumpin!!!