ATTENTION: Philly Wishlist Parties HAVE MOVED! Please Read!

elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
edited October 2009 in The Porch
Mods: Sorry for starting a new thread but I felt this was pertinent enough to have its own thread as the information in it would just get lost in the older 40+ page thread. Thanks

ATTENTION: All Philly Wishlist Pre Party Events have been moved. Due to circumstances with the Spectrum that is out of our control, we will NOT be in Parking Lot F.

On 10/27, 10/28, & 10/30 - we will be at McFadden's Bar & Restaurant, diagonally across the street from The Spectrum located on the side of Citizen's Bank Park (where the Phillies play) right at the corner of 11 St & Pattison Ave.

http://www.mcfaddensballpark.com/

Please, please still come and please help us spread the word of this location change. McFadden's will be having $3 Domestic Specials sponsored by Miller Lite from 3 - 5:30 PM.

See you all there at 3 PM - ??? on Tuesday 10/27, Wednesday 10/28, and Friday 10/30.

10/31: 10/31 Philly Wishlist Pre Party 12-4 PM at The Turb Club on 700 Packer Avenue (215-551-8270)

Details:
The Turf Club is located only a short few blocks away from The Spectrum located at 700 Packer Ave (on the corner of Darien St & Packer Ave).

Parking spaces at the Turf Club are provided on a 1st come, 1st serve basis. All cars must be moved immediately at 4 PM after our pre party is over as they need the spots to open up for the World Series.

We will have our own section for our pre party with a cash bar. Pabst Blue Ribbon Draft specials at $2.50 + tax each. Other domestic drafts start at $3.25+ tax each.

See you there at 12 PM with raffle and auction items to commence approximately at 2 PM. We need to be out of there by 4 which gives everyone plenty of time to go park down at the Spectrum and tail gate. Maybe we can even follow each other and do our tailgate together?

The original Philly Wishlist Party thread (http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=108747 ) will updated with this information. Any questions, PM me.

I am scared to do the following but its for a good cause so on any day you cant find us on the day of a show and want to know where we are- here is my cell #. Just please forgive me if I cant answer it right away during the fund-raisers etc. 856 986 7587. Please do not call me until at least the day of a show.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please know we are trying really hard and this is all for 2 great non-profits. Thank you and see you at the fund-raiser events! Spread the word!
Dave
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    looking forward to it... Indoors in October is always a good thing!
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    NYbenben wrote:

agreed!
    i far prefer the indoor pre-parties! really, i should simply say i prefer the pre-parties at bars...indoors or out. :mrgreen: this to me is a positive! just hope it's not too packed and can get in!

seeya there!
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• sounds good to me :-) see y'all there!!!!!!!!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Three dollar Miller Lite special? Sweet 8-)
  • so glad this worked out this way
    last year at hartford it was great indoors
    you have to have a pearl jam party with cocktails :)
    was wondering how that was going to work in the parking lot
  • emily6371emily6371 Posts: 202
    Best of luck finding a 10/31 location!!
    I'd love the chance to party with my fellow Jammers before the show!
  • Just in case you need to reach Dave and are unable to, please feel free to contact me at 724-554-0333 or pm me here and I will relay any messages to him. Keep those positive vibes coming. Thanks everybody and pass the word. Joni
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    putting your cell number on a message board? you got more balls than i do.
  • snipes824 wrote:

Anyone who would use it for the wrong purpose SUCKS balls. Hopefully respect will be shown; it damn sure should be.

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    NYbenben wrote:

agreed!
    i far prefer the indoor pre-parties! really, i should simply say i prefer the pre-parties at bars...indoors or out. :mrgreen: this to me is a positive! just hope it's not too packed and can get in!

seeya there!
    8-)

no way. a true tailgate rocks. open the cab doors, fire up a PJ boot, fire up the grill and crack open a cold one.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    idratherbe wrote:
    snipes824 wrote:

Anyone who would use it for the wrong purpose SUCKS balls. Hopefully respect will be shown; it damn sure should be.

~peace~
    completely agree. i would never do something like that. but sadly i don't trust that everyone in the general public are upstanding citizens.
    81 wrote:
    NYbenben wrote:

agreed!

seeya there!
    8-)

no way. a true tailgate rocks. open the cab doors, fire up a PJ boot, fire up the grill and crack open a cold one.
    ^^^^^this^^^^^
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Jwmcc wrote:
    I'd rather pay $10 ( :o )and get proper beer!
    I'm bringing French wine (directly from France) anyway ;)
  • Pegasus wrote:
    Jwmcc wrote:

Any chance I can convince you to pick up a bottle of Pouilly Fusse to bring along, LOL!
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Pegasus wrote:
    Jwmcc wrote:

gotta agree. miller lite is like water. i like my beer like i like my women. a little on the dark side. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Bumpin it to the top. Thanks.

• Bumpin to the top again.

• Please note the updated locations. Thanks.

• Different place, same amount of alcohol to be consumed.

Hope something cool is sorted out for Halloween... My costume is gonna make me look like a total idiot and I really need to know where to go instead of roaming streets looking like giant tit!!

Can't wait!!!!!
  • Different place, same amount of alcohol to be consumed.

Hope something cool is sorted out for Halloween... My costume is gonna make me look like a total idiot and I really need to know where to go instead of roaming streets looking like giant tit!!

Can't wait!!!!!

We are trying our best so stay tuned. Thanks.

• Pegasus wrote:
    Jwmcc wrote:

Same here Pegasus...thankfully McFadden's has got Yuengling on tap...a pretty tasty local beer :)

Bump for new venues and great causes!
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    relax fellow beer drinkers! Other domestic drafts are on special as well. McFadden's will take care of us, trust me.
  • Cheers for McFadden's!!!

• Is McFadden's 21+ or all ages?
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    81 wrote:
    Pegasus wrote:
    Jwmcc wrote:

gotta agree. miller lite is like water. i like my beer like i like my women. a little on the dark side. :lol:

Lol!!!!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,573
    sounds good to me :-) see y'all there!!!!!!!!!
  • groovNgroovN Posts: 92
    fyi - the 31st is the first home game of the phillies world series.

even
    more
    fun
    picture an empty cup in the middle of the sea
  • OK, should be just as much fun. See you all of you there. :D
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078

Same here Pegasus...thankfully McFadden's has got Yuengling on tap...a pretty tasty local beer :)

Bump for new venues and great causes!
    oooo i like the yuengling!!!
    they have to ahave it, right?
    isnt that like a Pennsylvania Law that all bars must serve yuengling
    :lol::lol::lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Is McFadden's 21+ or all ages?

Kids are welcome as long as they are accompanied by a parent/guardian attending the preparty and it is the parent/guardian's responsibility to monitor them. For those coming in from out of state, the legal age is 21 to purchase and consume alcohol in PA. Thanks.