The douche who yells during the quiet parts of songs

Comments

• Yes, the infamous bootleg killer. Dat guy can go fuck himself.

You never hear anything during songs on the bootlegs. Even during something quiet like when Eddie plays a song by himself. The only time you hear things is between songs and so what? I personally like to hear ridiculous quotes and/or songs requests amidst all the audience applause on bootlegs. Beats the hell out of Eddie talking.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Roger Waters went nuts over that type of thing At MSG in '77. He was screaming at people for yelling during the acoustic parts and then he spit on a guy for it the following week in Toronto. That's when he came up with the idea of putting a wall between the band and the fans.
  • These have to be the same idiots who stand up at a hockey game to get on TV while there on the Phone with there idiot friends. The one that really annoys me is some douche at the gorge boot telling mike what a great job hes doing at the beggining of Footsteps.
  • "That guy" is sometimes a gal...and her ass was parked right behind me at the EV Baltimore show, screaming "EDDDDIIIEEEEEE every 10 seconds...all evening. I wanted to strangle her ass.
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • Roger Waters went nuts over that type of thing At MSG in '77. He was screaming at people for yelling during the acoustic parts and then he spit on a guy for it the following week in Toronto. That's when he came up with the idea of putting a wall between the band and the fans.

I thought he flipped out at the first concert because somebody lit fireworks during Pigs on the Wing. And he didn't just spit on the kid in Montreal (not Toronto) for yelling. The kid was climbing the netting that separated the band from the crowd and was trying to get onstage.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • complaining about what someone does at a f'n rawk concert is sooo 1990's

yawn...
  • emptyglass wrote:
    complaining about what someone does at a f'n rawk concert is sooo 1990's

yawn...

Saying "yawn" at the end of a message board post and spelling "rock" as "rawk" is sooo 2002.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

I thought he flipped out at the first concert because somebody lit fireworks during Pigs on the Wing. And he didn't just spit on the kid in Montreal (not Toronto) for yelling. The kid was climbing the netting that separated the band from the crowd and was trying to get onstage.
    I stand corrected on the Toronto mistake - it was Montreal. The MSG thing on the July 3rd show started over people yelling during Pigs On The Wing. Then, when the firecrackers started, he really flipped out and started screaming obscenities at people. That show really got out of hand that night and you could see the frustration on Water's face. It was still an incredible show, though.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Maybe he's " Drunk " ;)
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Open wrote:

Yes, this is exactly what I'm talking about. It's a quiet emotional song and assholes keep shouting out stupid shit and ruining the song. I can't believe the 6 second long "Woooooh" at 1:08 into the song. I would have stuffed my beer cup in her mouth if she were near me.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    acutejam wrote:
    The epic EV Berk2 -- McCready has taken the stage for the 2nd encore, and from what has to be the first few ticketmaster rows, about 18-20 rows back dead-center, I loudly express my profound appreciation for them wheeling McCready out on a handcart. So folks around me know ... I'm a fan.

so after watchtower they finish up the show with YL.
    I proceed to SCREAM the first chorus out -- along with rows 1-15, you know who you are!
    And get told by some dude around me to STFU. I laugh very loud, but am nice and quiet with a big chesire cat grin on my face for the 2nd chorus...

As the entire Zellerbach Theater -- except me and that dude -- sing along.
    I'm sure he was just taping.

But my personal tangent on this is: if Mike is up there blistering through an amazing solo, what good does it do to shout his name repeatedly?!??!!? He can't hear you, you can't hear the solo. But more importantly, I can't hear the shreddingly goodness!!!

Didn't Berkeley 2 have no 10c seats? I thought it was all done through ticketmaster.

and yeah, I was row 9, got my ticket a day or two before the show .. thank you late TM drops!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    jimed14 wrote:

Didn't Berkeley 2 have no 10c seats? I thought it was all done through ticketmaster.

This is correct. And I too got my kick ass seat that way. :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

me too ... on TM 2 days before the show ... :D
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • EvergreenEvergreen Posts: 492
    LOL Freebird!!!!

That's gotta be the greatest thing to yell at a concert. I did it at Machine Head.

THAT makes me :lol::lol::lol:

In 2006, I was at the Roxy for Chris and Rich Robinson Brothers of A Feather tour...they were taping for the live album. It's an acoustic gig and a drunk guy yells out "Free Bird". Chris stops and tells the guy to fuck off and that he is at the wrong show or something to that effect.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    Yep, I hate him too.

I also hate the Chicago whistler. He has ruined a number of boots for me.

Oh, if that guy is ever in front of me at a show he won't be whistling much more than the first song...
  • During Man of the Hour Chicago I 2009; some dude behind me kept repeatedly yelling "Chicago!" (listen to the right channel) Sadly, I think he has some mental problems, or tourette's, as unfortunately I've seen him at other Chicago shows... (usually in a Bears jersey and do-rag) Regardless he could not stop yelling THE WHOLE SHOW, finally security was brought over to calm him down. I'm all for yelling and having a good time, but this guy was a real tool....
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    I understand your displeasure but I'm a 50 year old who hates EVER being told what to do, let alone " how to act at a FUCKING rock concert" :o;). Paraphrasing an Iconic 76er " We're talking ROCK CONCERT" :lol::lol:
    In life I try not to step on too many toes, but if it does happen & I step on yours, I'm sorry 8-).
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
    I understand your displeasure but I'm a 50 year old who hates EVER being told what to do, let alone " how to act at a FUCKING rock concert" :o;). Paraphrasing an Iconic 76er " We're talking ROCK CONCERT" :lol::lol:
    In life I try not to step on too many toes, but if it does happen & I step on yours, I'm sorry 8-).
    :lol:

I KNOW I step on toes. I am a dancer not a yeller and I am sure I have stepped on people, shoved elbows in sides, flung hair in faces, and other crazy things.

I plead temporary insanity. The music sweeps all rational from my being.
    Evergreen wrote:

I KNOW I step on toes. I am a dancer not a yeller and I am sure I have stepped on people, shoved elbows in sides, flung hair in faces, and other crazy things.

You must have been the drunk girl at the Kings of Leon concert I went to in Milwaukee :D who jammed her way right in front of us at the end of the show and started to dance like a person with turrets and fall into my pregnant wife. When I said something to her, several times, she just completely ignored me and kept dancing like an ass right in front of us. It was totally distracting and ruined the last few songs of the show for us. Luckily for her my wife is a very passive person, I of course wasn't about to do anything.
    Evergreen wrote:

You must have been the drunk girl at the Kings of Leon concert I went to in Milwaukee :D who jammed her way right in front of us at the end of the show and started to dance like a person with turrets and fall into my pregnant wife. When I said something to her, several times, she just completely ignored me and kept dancing like an ass right in front of us. It was totally distracting and ruined the last few songs of the show for us. Luckily for her my wife is a very passive person, I of course wasn't about to do anything.

Maybe. :lol:

No, it wasn't me. I won't jam my way in and take up someone else's space. AND, if someone grabs my attention and tells me I am being a moron, I'll apologize and stop...a little. :) I also ALWAYS apologize to my neighbors before the show even starts. :lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Evergreen wrote:

at a KOL show at the Spectrum in Philly a few months ago, we were surrounded by the young drunk chicks with huge pocketbooks that kept slamming into us. at one point I told the one next to me that if she was going to spill any more beer to please spill it into my mouth as my sock was now soaked from her repeatedly spilling into my right shoe and that was kind of a waste of beer.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Brisk. wrote:
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    force-10 wrote:
    Go crazy, who the fuck cares. As long as you don´t throw a brick to the stage.

Or quarters. I hear that really pisses Ed off... :)

and shoes!

Is underwear OK?
  • The P.T.The P.T. Posts: 141
    The douche(god I hate that word) who tells people how to behave at a rock concert.....

Boy I hate him...

He thinks he can tell people when to stand at a show...
    Or when to sit at a show...
    He is the person who can tell people that they didnt "rock out" hard enough at a show...
    He is the guy who comments that the people around him were not "real fans"

He is the guy who fucking forgets he paid $160 for 2 tickets for a concert....And decides to watch all the people who are sitting/standing around him....And then he comes back to this board and gives us all a report on their behavior during the show.

Now THAT guy is a douche(god I hate that word)

Close, but you're slightly off......

He thinks he can stand wherever he wants at shows..... shoving himself into my row when he has no ticket there....
    He thinks he can sit wherever he wants..... including my seat....
    He's the guy that pees where he's standing.....
    He's the guy that thinks his drunken actions should be the norm at a concert...............

He's the guy that forgets that everyone else around him paid $160 for a concert.......and decides to disrespect the fellow fans.....the band.. the security people.....by his inappropriate and often wrong behavior.

Now THAT is the guy.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,862
    Sometimes chatter makes the CD have more personality.
    For instance, great example here:
    I have a CD of the Bridge School shows from 96 and this shit still cracks me up. During one of the songs, this security guy is telling these two girls to go to their seats. The conversation goes something like this:
    -ladies i need you to get to your seats
    -that's what we are trying to do, we can find them
    -Well we need you to get to your seats anyway
    -that's what i am trying to tell you, if i knew where they were i would go to them
    -please go ahead and find you seats
    -ugggh

It makes the bootleg........
    I agree to an extent
    on the NJPAC boot ed is telling a story about tim robbins and this dude yells out "shawshank"

very funny

but then there is this guy that keeps yelling "footsteps" and thats annoying
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
    I find the Benaroya album unlistenable due to the "large twats" whooping and hollering, pity coz the versions of songs are fine, its just the beginning and ending of songs you get some fool going "YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!"

Go away and die a slow horrible death!
    3manstack wrote:
    I

Go away and die a slow horrible death!

DAMN!
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    jimed14 wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

me too ... on TM 2 days before the show ... :D

DOH! You're absolutely correct! Which was the matter of some discussion -- how could a general sales show possibly have kicked the ass of the previous night's audience?!!?!? I was happy enough with my Row O seats.

Anyways, I still wanna find that dudes boot so I can hear him tell me to STFU!
    [sic] happens
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    3manstack wrote:
    I find the Benaroya album unlistenable due to the "large twats" whooping and hollering, pity coz the versions of songs are fine, its just the beginning and ending of songs you get some fool going "YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!"
    Although, there is one guy who starts yelling "Play Nirvana cover songs!" and the band goes right into Immortality. So in that case I gotta say it's a d-bag WIN if it influenced the band to play such a kick-ass version of that song in any way.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Please, no more concert police.
    "Bombs dropping down. Please forgive our hometown"