The douche who yells during the quiet parts of songs

rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
edited October 2009 in The Porch
I don't know who this guy is but I fucking hate him. He yells some bullshit out during a quiet part of a song, right when I'm getting into it and destroys the whole mood of the song. He's on every bootleg that I have! This guy really gets around. He's the Pearl Jam equivalent to golfs "You da man/Get in the hole!" guy. Please stop ruining bootlegs so you can say "that was me, did you hear me yell like a fucking idiot during that quiet intense part of the song". /rant
Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    Everyone hates that fucking idiot. It comes along with knowing that the band will release everything on boot unfortunately. I guess I accept his dumb ass knowing that I can get PJ shows on CD.

Zen out and try to ignore that m fer.
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    For instance, after the sudden end of "the end", I yelled just before anyone else did. Did not intend to do it, but I knew the quick end, as most did, but I just yelled out "YEAH!" almost before the first clap. It just escaped my mouth. In LA 1 or 2. Don´t remember. I don´t recall anyone yelling during the song.

Anyways, it´s a fucking concert. So you can´t tell people how to behave. Like the dude shirtless, running between the orchestra section and log section on LA 2 during alive, I think it was. Personally, that kind of shit really pumps up the band, I think. Only they would answer that question. Go crazy, who the fuck cares. As long as you don´t throw a brick to the stage.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    FREE BIRD?
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    I listened to a radiohead boot the other day where this woman in the bg kept complaining that she didn't know any of the songs from in Rainbows - consequently she talked through every single one of them and must've been standing right next to the guy holding the recorder. It was almost unlistenable. It made me appreciate the good shat we get from 10c. We're lucky to have it so good.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    force-10 wrote:
    For instance, after the sudden end of "the end", I yelled just before anyone else did. Did not intend to do it, but I knew the quick end, as most did, but I just yelled out "YEAH!" almost before the first clap. It just escaped my mouth. In LA 1 or 2. Don´t remember. I don´t recall anyone yelling during the song.

Anyways, it´s a fucking concert. So you can´t tell people how to behave. Like the dude shirtless, running between the orchestra section and log section on LA 2 during alive, I think it was. Personally, that kind of shit really pumps up the band, I think. Only they would answer that question. Go crazy, who the fuck cares. As long as you don´t throw a brick to the stage.

Yelling at the end of a song is fine. I'm talking about during a quiet song and the idiot yells something stupid like, "Ediieee". I don't care if the band likes it or not. I hate it and that's all that matters.

Example. I"m listening to Chicago 05/17/06 boot. During Man of the hour about 40sec in some jackass yells what sounds like "Michael, you're the shit" and kills the mood of the song. I would think that Ed finds that distracting, though he's used to it by now.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    I don´t intend to tell you not complaining, but again, it´s a concert, rock concert i must add. You can´t tell everyone to behave as you or anyone else sees fit. Or the band, for that matter.

In LA 1 these couple of ladies were smoking pot, and the security guys saw them and ran towards them. I thought, they´re outta here for sure. All they did is take it away and probably told them to behave or else they would be thrown out, or worse. Distracting, yeah. But there were more than 6000 people in the venue. You can´t expect to enjoy the show without anything happening around you.

Yes, it is annoying if somebody yells out the entire show and you are near him, or you listen to him the whole bootleg. I get you. But if that takes away the hype of being in the show, than, my friend, honestly I hate to say it like this, but maybe you should give away your ticket the next time.

There was a mexican flag in Seattle 1 in the first rows. This guy was waving it in front of eddie (he was dead center). If he could, I bet he would have shoved it in his face. That to me was very annoying. I am sure he wanted eddie to say something about his country after the song finished. He did not say anything. I saw them the second night too, but they did not try to do the same thing. It was annoying, but it did not take anything away from me, regarding the show.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    it was me

I'm sorry for yelling
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• EnvoyEnvoy Posts: 14
    edited October 2009
    Leave my dad alone. He's old. He thinks he appears to be with it when he does this. He's blowing through the grandkids trust fund flying around to all these concerts. If they ever confiscate his walker at airport security, you can look forward to a quiet concert.

That is all.

:D
    Post edited by Envoy on
    Leading a life of noisy desperation, for a rather long time.
  • Envoy wrote:
    Leave my dad alone. He's old. He think he appears to be with it when he does this. He's blowing through the grandkids trust fund flying around to all these concerts. If they ever confiscate his walker at airport security, you can look forward to a quiet concert.

That is all.

:D

:lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    Sometimes chatter makes the CD have more personality.
    For instance, great example here:
    I have a CD of the Bridge School shows from 96 and this shit still cracks me up. During one of the songs, this security guy is telling these two girls to go to their seats. The conversation goes something like this:
    -ladies i need you to get to your seats
    -that's what we are trying to do, we can find them
    -Well we need you to get to your seats anyway
    -that's what i am trying to tell you, if i knew where they were i would go to them
    -please go ahead and find you seats
    -ugggh

It makes the bootleg........
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • to be an equal opportunity guy, I think you ought to say its both men and women who do this. How many times have you seen a show with annoying teeny boppers "whewing" during a song.

Sometimes I wonder, whether bands actually like that type of recognition or not. When they play a song that people like, right at the start of the tune, people will cheer, hoot, holler, whew, whistle, clap and all that. I wonder if many times, bands just want to play the damn song.
  • When people yell during the quiet part, I also think, it demeans the message, and sort of is a slap in the face to the artist.

Ultimately, if there is a quiet part of a song, its usually an acoustic song, and those tend to be ballads or very powerful songs. Its more than a little out of place to yell. Like when people yell during Just Breathe or something, or The End. I mean its a song about someone dying for gods sake.

I think anyone on here can attest to my fanatical and rabid fandom of music, and my going to a ton of concerts, and I love dancing at shows, and letting loose, but I have never been a yelling type person. Its just not my style.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    I don't know who this guy is but I fucking hate him. He yells some bullshit out during a quiet part of a song, right when I'm getting into it and destroys the whole mood of the song. He's on every bootleg that I have! This guy really gets around. He's the Pearl Jam equivalent to golfs "You da man/Get in the hole!" guy. Please stop ruining bootlegs so you can say "that was me, did you hear me yell like a fucking idiot during that quiet intense part of the song". /rant

I hate him too! He's even on that Immortality video from SLC. :lol:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,602
    if you think that's bad, have you been to or heard any of ed's '08 & '09 solo tours? where after each ed track played there will be a douche or a dozen douches just screaming their hearts out @ ed?
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    there is only 1 song where screaming is required in the quiet part...
    INSIGNIFICANCE :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Yes, the infamous bootleg killer. Dat guy can go fuck himself.
    ...........MemorieslikestatuesthroughthemIdriveliketreesonthesidesidewalksmoretreesevenstopsignS
  • The douche(god I hate that word) who tells people how to behave at a rock concert.....

Boy I hate him...

He thinks he can tell people when to stand at a show...
    Or when to sit at a show...
    He is the person who can tell people that they didnt "rock out" hard enough at a show...
    He is the guy who comments that the people around him were not "real fans"

He is the guy who fucking forgets he paid $160 for 2 tickets for a concert....And decides to watch all the people who are sitting/standing around him....And then he comes back to this board and gives us all a report on their behavior during the show.

Now THAT guy is a douche(god I hate that word)
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    The douche(god I hate that word) who tells people how to behave at a rock concert.....

Boy I hate him...

He is the person who can tell people that they didnt "rock out" hard enough at a show...

He is the guy who fucking forgets he paid $160 for 2 tickets for a concert....And decides to watch all the people who are sitting/standing around him....And then he comes back to this board and gives us all a report on their behavior during the show.

Yeah!
  • i hope u are not near me in a gig couse your ears will have problem when i scream any fuckin letter in :

'NO L-O-I-T-E-R-I-N-G ALLOWED.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
    The douche(god I hate that word) who tells people how to behave at a rock concert.....

Boy I hate him...

:lol:
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • TravelarTravelar Posts: 3,393
    force-10 wrote:
    Go crazy, who the fuck cares. As long as you don´t throw a brick to the stage.

Or quarters. I hear that really pisses Ed off... :)
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    force-10 wrote:

and shoes!
  • Brisk. wrote:
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    force-10 wrote:

and shoes!
    shoe the shoeless :D
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483

Boy I hate him...

The biggest douche is the person who puts-up with the offender, then come here and mentions how the show was ruined. If the offender is being excessively annoying, say something on the spot.
  • zacazaca Posts: 2
    i hope u are not near me in a gig couse your ears will have problem when i scream any fuckin letter in :

'NO L-O-I-T-E-R-I-N-G ALLOWED.

Hell yeah!
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    The epic EV Berk2 -- McCready has taken the stage for the 2nd encore, and from what has to be the first few ticketmaster rows, about 18-20 rows back dead-center, I loudly express my profound appreciation for them wheeling McCready out on a handcart. So folks around me know ... I'm a fan.

so after watchtower they finish up the show with YL.
    I proceed to SCREAM the first chorus out -- along with rows 1-15, you know who you are!
    And get told by some dude around me to STFU. I laugh very loud, but am nice and quiet with a big chesire cat grin on my face for the 2nd chorus...

As the entire Zellerbach Theater -- except me and that dude -- sing along.
    I'm sure he was just taping.

But my personal tangent on this is: if Mike is up there blistering through an amazing solo, what good does it do to shout his name repeatedly?!??!!? He can't hear you, you can't hear the solo. But more importantly, I can't hear the shreddingly goodness!!!
    [sic] happens
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
    I put a video of 'Immortality' at the O2 show on Youtube and right at the start of Mike's second solo somebody yells out "Go Mike! yeah!" really loudly. I would not call him a douche though because he actually left a comment on the video that said:

"my god... i have a confession to make, i think i am the tool who shouted "go on mike" just at the start of the second solo... god i was a state when they played this... chills and everything... just a beautiful feeling, what a gig. long live pearl jam"

which actually made it kinda funny.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • OpenOpen Posts: 792
    The Gorge Betterman between where the crowd stops singing and Eddie is about to start. "HELL YEAH DAWG" Total doucher!
  • a bit off topic, but this is what i think of when i read this....

the screaming chick on Live at the Greek: black crowes w/jimmy paige.
    horrible, just horrible.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• LOL Freebird!!!!

That's gotta be the greatest thing to yell at a concert. I did it at Machine Head.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2