Comments

• Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I thought the thread you started yesterday was more fun :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=114479
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • I thought the thread you started yesterday was more fun :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=114479

:D
  • Evergreen 888, I remember the Sugar Shack but for some reason not much else, LOL. Are you a boomer child of the 70's too?
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• EvergreenEvergreen Posts: 492
    Evergreen 888, I remember the Sugar Shack but for some reason not much else, LOL. Are you a boomer child of the 70's too?

I spent most of my teens and young twenties hanging in San Diego - late 80's and early 90's, so I was born just a couple of years BEFORE the seventies. Yes, I am old. I think I am about the oldest one here sometimes...I first saw Pearl Jam in '91 and I was just 24. :?

Did you used to hang out at windansea? Crazy!!! I had some of the best times there!
  • Evergreen 888, I remember the Sugar Shack but for some reason not much else, LOL. Are you a boomer child of the 70's too?

I spent most of my teens and young twenties hanging in San Diego - late 80's and early 90's, so I was born just a couple of years BEFORE the seventies. Yes, I am old. I think I am about the oldest one here sometimes...I first saw Pearl Jam in '91 and I was just 24. :?

Did you used to hang out at windansea? Crazy!!! I had some of the best times there!

No you aren't, I was born in 59. I was hangin there in the late 70's, maybe the early 80's so I got a few years on you, LOL! I was 30 at my first PJ show in '91 and it was by accident because I was seeing RHCP from their early days on the strip and playing the coast bars. Good times and lots of fun. Still have friends in Santa Monica and Santa Barbara that stayed when I came back East. Are you coming to Philly?
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    She did...she hung out with the band back when she lived out of her van...she used to sing with them too here and there before she got any gigs. She was "the girl that sang with the Rugburns" for a while.

Sugar Shack is a hut on windansea beach in La Jolla...we used to smoke and play music there. The hut has been there since the 40's and was known as Sugar Shack because of the hanky panky that used to go on there.
    It is one of the most gorgeous places on earth and the guys all used to surf there.
    I knew these lyrics... I've met Steve Poltz several times. First time was at the 94.9 booth where he sang 'Little Red Corvette' before the Mike McCready interview we all got to see.
    He told me he had sang that song to Eddie... who really didn't care for it, but had a decent sense of humor about it.
    And didn't Steve and Jewel used to play at the old Twiggs? He said a prostitite was the the one who decided who'd get to sing that song about happy faces in fried eggs song... she picked Jewel. And that he song the rights to that song on the trunk of a Cadillac on Sunset Blvd. for 500 bucks... which was spent on booze by him and his friends.
    He's pretty much of a happy go lucky guy... doesn't need to be rich or famous.... just happy.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • NossieNossie Posts: 1,039
    love the idea of being wasted with Ed... but the whole dying thing i'm not down with... i don't want him to go anytime soon!!!
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
    Evergreen 888, I remember the Sugar Shack but for some reason not much else, LOL. Are you a boomer child of the 70's too?

No you aren't, I was born in 59. I was hangin there in the late 70's, maybe the early 80's so I got a few years on you, LOL! I was 30 at my first PJ show in '91 and it was by accident because I was seeing RHCP from their early days on the strip and playing the coast bars. Good times and lots of fun. Still have friends in Santa Monica and Santa Barbara that stayed when I came back East. Are you coming to Philly?

Yep...I am. I am insane. After the San Diego show, I got back to my room and booked a flight, with no one to go with, no hotel, and no tickets.

I get in on the 30th at 2pm...I now have a room and tickets for the 31st...AND Black Crowes friends coming in on Saturday for the show. I need a ticket for the 30th, though.
    Cosmo wrote:
    She did...she hung out with the band back when she lived out of her van...she used to sing with them too here and there before she got any gigs. She was "the girl that sang with the Rugburns" for a while.

Sugar Shack is a hut on windansea beach in La Jolla...we used to smoke and play music there. The hut has been there since the 40's and was known as Sugar Shack because of the hanky panky that used to go on there.
    It is one of the most gorgeous places on earth and the guys all used to surf there.
    I knew these lyrics... I've met Steve Poltz several times. First time was at the 94.9 booth where he sang 'Little Red Corvette' before the Mike McCready interview we all got to see.
    He told me he had sang that song to Eddie... who really didn't care for it, but had a decent sense of humor about it.
    And didn't Steve and Jewel used to play at the old Twiggs? He said a prostitite was the the one who decided who'd get to sing that song about happy faces in fried eggs song... she picked Jewel. And that he song the rights to that song on the trunk of a Cadillac on Sunset Blvd. for 500 bucks... which was spent on booze by him and his friends.
    He's pretty much of a happy go lucky guy... doesn't need to be rich or famous.... just happy.

They did...and Blarney Stone and a bunch of other coffee houses...I remember Interchange and Java Joe's. Then they started playing Casbah and Troubadour. Steve was hysterical and very down to earth...GREAT to party with. Many night were spent sleeping on the beach. No one cared back then. Life was SOOOO much easier.

Then, everyone got jobs or pregnant...real life set in.
  • No you aren't, I was born in 59. I was hangin there in the late 70's, maybe the early 80's so I got a few years on you, LOL! I was 30 at my first PJ show in '91 and it was by accident because I was seeing RHCP from their early days on the strip and playing the coast bars. Good times and lots of fun. Still have friends in Santa Monica and Santa Barbara that stayed when I came back East. Are you coming to Philly?[/quote]

Yep...I am. I am insane. After the San Diego show, I got back to my room and booked a flight, with no one to go with, no hotel, and no tickets.

I get in on the 30th at 2pm...I now have a room and tickets for the 31st...AND Black Crowes friends coming in on Saturday for the show. I need a ticket for the 30th, though.[/quote]

Excellent, I am working the preparties both nights and look forward to meeting you. Good ole Black Crowes fans, LOL. If I hear of anything I will let you know but you'll get something I'm sure. So stop and by and say hello. So many great people are coming for this it will be incredible!!

Excellent, I am working the preparties both nights and look forward to meeting you. Good ole Black Crowes fans, LOL. If I hear of anything I will let you know but you'll get something I'm sure. So stop and by and say hello. So many great people are coming for this it will be incredible!!

I'll be there and I will find you to say "Hi"! My real name is Mary Ann. :D
  • Mine is Joni but Yankee Joni for the parties since Aussie Joni will be there too. Looking forward to it. :-D

Mine is Joni but Yankee Joni for the parties since Aussie Joni will be there too. Looking forward to it. :-D

I know Aussie Joni from facebook. :D

Anyway...back to the Rugburns. I was friends with Jeff Aafedt and his family. I met his sister Jennifer through my best friend, who she married. Those guys were a BLAST to be around and it's too bad they were not able to stick together.

I also had a good friend named Johnny, who was a bass player in another band. I remember a night (we were with Steve Poltz and Jeff, where he totally made out with Jewel. :D He used to joke about her snaggle tooth...now, he wishes he had never joked about it, as he had to give up music and is a boring IT manager now for a credit card processing company.
  • redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    wtf
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    man that is the creepiest thing ive ever heard someone say on this board.....and that is saying alot...no offense
    thunderDAN wrote:
    man that is the creepiest thing ive ever heard someone say on this board.....and that is saying alot...no offense

He didn't say it...they are lyrics from a song called "Me and Eddie Vedder" by the Rugburns.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    This thread just reminded me of good times playing this Rugburns song when I worked in college radio:

War

May your dad rest well down in hell tonight
    I never liked him much, but he gave me a bite of his hot dog
    When we went golfing
    In san clemente
    With richard nixon

But I was bored
    So I prayed to the lord
    Ha, give me a war
    'cause I'm so bored
    And I want more
    In a real fucking war

Well I'm bored with iran and I'm bored with iraq
    Egypt and israel and yassir arafat
    The falklands was cool but it was too damn short
    I want a real war 'cause I built a bitchin' fort

May your sister rest well in her bed tonight
    I never liked her much, but she made me feel good last christmas
    In your mom's station wagon
    Behind 7-11
    She was just fourteen

But I was bored
    So I prayed to the lord
    Ha, give me a war
    'cause I'm so bored
    And I want more
    In a real fucking war

Well I'm bored with the contras and colonel quadhafi
    The ayatollah's dead, but he made really great coffee
    With my rifle in my arms I feel really swell
    I wanna join the army and kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill

May your uncle rest well in his cell tonight
    I never liked him much but he took me down to tijuana
    We drank tequila
    And watched your mom dance
    At the bambi club

But I was bored
    So I prayed to the lord
    Ha, give me a war
    'cause I'm so bored
    And I want more
    In a real fucking war
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,816
    no drunk posting fucker

:lol::lol::lol:
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    some people shouldn't be allowed near a computer.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • thunderDAN wrote:

He didn't say it...they are lyrics from a song called "Me and Eddie Vedder" by the Rugburns.

they will never get it
  • i bet eddie laughed his ass off when he first heard this song. :D
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    This thread just reminded me of good times playing this Rugburns song when I worked in college radio:

War

When we went golfing
    In san clemente
    With richard nixon

But I was bored
    So I prayed to the lord
    Ha, give me a war
    'cause I'm so bored
    And I want more
    In a real fucking war

Behind 7-11
    She was just fourteen

But I was bored
    So I prayed to the lord
    Ha, give me a war
    'cause I'm so bored
    And I want more
    In a real fucking war

We drank tequila
    At the bambi club

But I was bored
    So I prayed to the lord
    Ha, give me a war
    'cause I'm so bored
    And I want more
    In a real fucking war

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ....................... :lol:
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Me Too!!
    Kenny Olav wrote:

War

When we went golfing
    In san clemente
    With richard nixon

But I was bored
    So I prayed to the lord
    Ha, give me a war
    'cause I'm so bored
    And I want more
    In a real fucking war

Behind 7-11
    She was just fourteen

But I was bored
    So I prayed to the lord
    Ha, give me a war
    'cause I'm so bored
    And I want more
    In a real fucking war

We drank tequila
    At the bambi club

But I was bored
    So I prayed to the lord
    Ha, give me a war
    'cause I'm so bored
    And I want more
    In a real fucking war
    :lol:

I miss sitting around the bondfire singing Tree Hugger, especially since I really went to a special school and my parents were catholic. :ugeek:

I'd rather have a shitty girlfriend than a shitty car
    If my girlfriend starts to get on my nerves i could travel really far
    I'd rather have a shitty meal than a shitty resume
    'cause a totally awesome resume will feed me steak one day
    I'd rather have a shitty body than a shitty voice
    On my body i could wear some clothes, on my voice i have no choice

Feed me peas and feed me corn and feed me wild oats
    Let's move to the hills together and raise some chicken and goats
    I don't need tofu if i've got you to help me forget those buggers, oh
    We'll forget our differences and live like a couple tree huggers

The earth is so polluted i could never walk barefoot, ouch
    On earth day i was going to plant some trees, but i planted my ass on the couch
    I try to eat what's good for me, but i like captain crunch
    And an extra large snickers bar with a glass of hawaiian punch
    I was going to join an ad hoc committee, but i don't know what ad hoc means
    I think it's a special kind of rock for stone washed denim jeans

Feed me peas and feed me corn and feed me wild oats
    Let's move to the hills together and raise some chicken and goats
    I don't need tofu if i've got you to help me forget those buggers, oh
    We'll forget our differences and live like a couple tree huggers

I went to a special school for kids whose parents were catholic

On hot dog day we could wear what we wanted, i always ate four and got sick
    Once i kissed a girl behind the convent and i got really flustered
    I'll never forget the way she smelled, she tasted just like mustard
    Now every time i go to the market and i reach the mustard row
    I have to hurry up and leave or my crotch begins to grow

Feed me peas and feed me corn
  • ElusiveElusive Posts: 203
    Yes! That song is ridiculous! Any song that incorporates the word 'bitchin' makes me laugh.
    NY 4/17/94, NY 9/28/96,Camden 9/2/00, Philly 4/28/03,Camden 7/5/03, 7/6/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Holmdel 7/14/03, Reading 10/1/04, Camden 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07, Camden 6/19/08, 6/20/08, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, EV solo 8/5/08, 8/7/09,6/11/09,6/12/09, Chicago 8/24/09, Philly 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, Newark 5/18/10, MSG 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, EV Solo 6/21/11, 6/22/2016, PJ20, Brooklyn 10/18/13, 10/19/13, Philly 10/21/13, 10/22/13, Philly 4/28/2016, NYC
  • all i wanna know is two things...

what the fuck are you on?

and

do you have any left?

LOL!

WOW that's just a wrong post man. Just not right at all. Some people need to visit the local mental health clinic for immediate evaluation :|
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...