iPhone or iPod touch apps

Comments

• StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    HeavyHands wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    So what's the best I-phone model to get? I'm out of the loop on this thing. Are iphone's worth having? How much is a good one?

Be sure to look into how much the support plan will cost you each month. As far as I know, the unlimited voice/data plan is $99 per month with texting an additional $20 per month for a total of $119 monthly.

If these numbers are accurate, is this device truly worth the $1,428 per year it will cost just to use it? Can anyone help me out with understanding whether the numbers above are correct and whether you really don't mind paying that much annually?

That would really depend on the individual user. I sometimes wonder why some people have smartphones, since they use very few of the features involved. If people only use their phones to call and text, they're better off using one of the Quick Messaging Devices (non-smartphones with keyboards). And I really don't understand why people switched service providers just to get an iPhone, when their original provider had much better coverage than AT&T did in their area. What good is a fancy device if it's useless half the time?

Given that, I'm very much enjoying my 32GB iPhone 3GS ( this was an upgrade from my previous 16GB iPhone 3G).

It's pretty much become the nerve center of all my activity. Aside from listening to music and making phone calls, it's also a Calendar, camera (with video + editing), email client, web browser, photo album, watch videos inline and online (such as YouTube) etc. The user interface is the most amazingly easy and user-friendly one I've ever used. If I need directions, the built in Google Maps not only locates where I need to go and gives me directions, the iPhone's built in GPS lets me navigate my route. And if you're willing to invest in a really good set of headphones or headset, you can take advantage of the iPhone's excellent sound quality, too. If I'm at a Starbucks, I can use the AT&T Wi-Fi Hotspot for free. (Or any other place that has an AT&T Hotspot).

When consider all the applications I can use on it, I can manage all sorts of stuff, from my bank accounts, my car insurance payments, my internet... I can check the weather, check on my kids, check local concerts of my favorite bands, get the news, use Skype, play games, schedule trips, track buses or trains, use social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter... the list goes on.

I can't imagine using any other device now. Even my son, who was leery of getting an iPhone, has been hooked, and so has his GF. It's funny how many people I know have one - I sat at at table once and 7 of the 10 people had iPhones. :lol:

So I'm going to be keeping mine for a while... until Apple releases a 64GB+ version. I'm already running out of disc space again... :(
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I wouldn't reccomend jailbreaking the iPhone unless you're computer savvy. Some tweaks get released in beta and mess up the phone. If you can handle it, I totally recommend. Brings the iPhone to a whole new level
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I didn't know that I could rent or buy movies from iTunes. Can I download songs from my computer to my phone? What else am I missing?
    I'll be back
  • StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    You can buy movies, songs, audiobooks, and applications (rent movies too), as well as music, music videos, and podcasts, then sync them to your iPod or iPhone.

AND... I just added the Marvel Comics App. They're still the best at what they do! *snikt* *bamf* *zzzt*
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I got one 3 weeks ago. 3Gs 16gb. It is everything I ever dreamed. I'd wanted one since they came out, but didn't feel like I could afford it until recently. If you travel a lot, its awesome. The most important thing to me is internet access whenever wherever. I'm in love with it. I'm kind of a mac head I know, but there's a reason this device is loved by so many.

Some apps I like are Hopstop (figure out subway routes), google map, google voice search, a car expense tracker, huffington post (free, as opposed to cnn), mapquest, compass, a level (for surfaces), an expense tracker. I don't play games much but this is so handy. I also have an app called Aroundme, that will tell you hotels, atms, hotels, coffee shops, restaurants, grocery stores, pubs, taxis, theaters, and more categories, that are around where you are currently standing. (Nice for nyc or any large city)

I was recently able to buy some show tickets (I wouldn't dare this with a PJ pre-sale) when they went on sale while I was on the road and no internet access.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    Starfall wrote:
    You can buy movies, songs, audiobooks, and applications (rent movies too), as well as music, music videos, and podcasts, then sync them to your iPod or iPhone.

AND... I just added the Marvel Comics App. They're still the best at what they do! *snikt* *bamf* *zzzt*
    Thanks for the heads up on the marvel app. I don't read comics but this would probably make me start.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I just bought a movie on my iPhone and it says processing. Nothing happening. It's been almost 30 min? Should it take this long? Right when I hit the button to buy it someone text me so I don't know if that messed it up?
    I'll be back
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    anyone playing mafia wars? ... if so, let me know your player id and we can be part of a clan! ... :mrgreen:
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    Anyone using viggle? phenomenal!
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I don;t know. If the Android app is going to keep getting bumped I'll bump this one. :lol:
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    It sometimes scares me how much I love this phone :oops: :lol:

Apart from the pre-installed stuff like Google maps, I also have these on mine:
    PJStatTracker
    Pearl Jam
    Facebook
    Whatsapp
    Tripwolf (something like a travel guide for cities, it helped me a lot in Toronto and Chicago)
    Merry cook (another game, it's an emulator of a Russian game console that I owned as a kid)
    Doodle find (another game, I never get tired of this)
    Countdown
    EventDay
    Skobbler navi 2+ (an excellent, not too expensive navigation system)
    Cat Piano
    Draw Free
    My days (a period tracker for women :P it's good! )

And I'm thinking about installing Viber.
    :D

:lol:
    :wave:
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Chirp
    Songza
    tunuin Radio
    temple run
    the score
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    :corn:
    Bump for the Android thread bump. :?
    DS1119 wrote:
    Bump for the Android thread bump. :?
    I'm digging Pitfall.
    I like Viggle. They give you free shit for watching TV. Can't get better than that. :lol:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,780
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    SoundHound is another cool one.
    Just tried the TruTV app...don't bother.
    Family Feud. Too much fun.
    ScoreMobile if you're a sports fan is a must.
    Only 90000 points or so away from a free Apple TV.

Viggle is a pretty cool app.
    If you're a Yankee fan 24/7 Yankees is a good one.
    New iPhone announcement on 9/12. :corn: