finally...switching teams.......

13»

Comments

• scb wrote:
    congrats to everyone who went apple! d2d the imac looks so nice!! I'm loving my new 15" macbookpro more and more everyday, my first macbook was a total dud, but this computer is a beauty! :D everything is just so much easier on a mac

aaand the screen on the macbookpro is amazing to watch videos on :shock: so nice, just finished watching pj vids on it 8-)

I can't help but notice that, though I think I've been having problems with my Dell PC since before your problems began with your Mac, Apple has already replaced your Mac and I don't expect my replacement PC to arrive from Dell for another month. (And that was after hours & hours of arguing with them to replace it.)

yeah I had to have about 5 different hardware replacements on my macbook and have sent out for 5-7 days at a time with each problem before they agreed to replace it, but they sent my new one through priority shipping and it arrived in 2 days! I was pretty impressed with them
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    apple rocks. 8-)
    seriously.
    the more i used our new imac, the more i love it. it's just sooo intuitive!

also, i created an excel spreadsheet/food journal at work on my PC, which i e-mailed to my home account....apple 'recognizes' all PC files....easy to open/read/edit......then i was easily able to save as both a mac doc AND an excel doc....send it back to myself at work....and yea, totally recognized by excel. i LOVE that.

btw - we ended up keeping/using the mouse we got with the computer.
    the logitech hubby couldn't get to work well or sumthin'. i never had problems with the mac mouse in any case, hubby's grown accustomed, so yea....np.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    ah man! sorry i missed this.

my PC is 6 years old and i'm dying to get a mac.

which is better with word doc files? iwork or mac office?
    i heard:
    office for mac
    compatible with microsoft office files. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint

iwork
    Open Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files in iWork.
    Save your iWork document as a Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file.

'If you are only using it for school reports and such i think iWork will be more than enough, now if you want true compatibility with most people then Office is the way to go'

'My simple suggestion is do go with iWork and download Open Office for when you need to edit MS Office Docs.'

openoffice is a free download.

one of them is docx files that a lot of people can't open.
    which does docx.... mac office or iwork?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    my macbook pro that i got 2 1/2 years ago just came back from the dead...the video board died on it all of the sudden a week ago (turns out it was a known problem) so i took it to be repaired...luckily that part was free but i also had them replace the dvd drive that died about a year ago and i got a new battery which hasn't been holding a charge longer than an hour for a while...all this cost $400 (well, minus $130 because i had them upgrade the hard drive)

my point is, pc laptops cost about $500...get one of those and when it dies in a couple years, get another one...macs are overpriced and aren't any "easier" than windows
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    one of them is docx files that a lot of people can't open.
    which does docx.... mac office or iwork?
    docx is the file format for Office 2007 word documents. Both Mac Office and iWork can handle docx files.

The Mac Office '08 edition introduced compatibility with the docx format.
    http://www.macwindows.com/office2008.html

The iWork '08 edition introduced compatibility with Office Open XML (Office 2007) files.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pages

However, I'm strictly a pro-Windows guy, so you might want to confer with a Mac expert before deciding on either piece of software.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    thanks.

hhmmm....i'm hearing things about macbooks. do imacs have a better track record than macbooks?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*