Walking Home From The Pub

13»

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    pjfan31 wrote:
    The worst is having a few beers before going out. Then getting a 'roadie' in a coke bottle of Southern Comfort, then catching the train into the city. From where I live (Northern Suburbs of Sydney) it's about an hour train ride into the big smoke, about half way the pain is unbearable. Sometimes I wonder how I managed to hang on

try catching the train from central intending to get off at parra so you can catch the tway home to liverpool. falling asleep on the train and waking up at kingswood. then having to catch the nightride bus from penrith(OMG it was like being on a bus with chimps) all the way back into town hall and then catching another nightride bus back out to liverpool before catching a cab home. i wasnt even drunk that night.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    pjfan31 wrote:
    The worst is having a few beers before going out. Then getting a 'roadie' in a coke bottle of Southern Comfort, then catching the train into the city. From where I live (Northern Suburbs of Sydney) it's about an hour train ride into the big smoke, about half way the pain is unbearable. Sometimes I wonder how I managed to hang on

try catching the train from central intending to get off at parra so you can catch the tway home to liverpool. falling asleep on the train and waking up at kingswood. then having to catch the nightride bus from penrith(OMG it was like being on a bus with chimps) all the way back into town hall and then catching another nightride bus back out to liverpool before catching a cab home. i wasnt even drunk that night.

Ok, you win.

Penrith Liverpool? I'll stick to the Northern Suburbs thankyou
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    pjfan31 wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:

Ok, you win.

Penrith Liverpool? I'll stick to the Northern Suburbs thankyou

oh and dont get me started on the night i went to see the mess hall at caringbah bizzos and some douche poured their beer over the soundboard causing the band to go on late and me to miss the last train back to central. i had to catch the nightride bus(missed the first one, dont ask) into the city then another nightride back out to liverpool. i was drunk that night. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    So tonight i was getting a lift home from town (bout 4 miles away from where i live). 4 in the car and the little one says "pull over". We stop, he pisses in a garden. Takes some keys from his pocket, and opens the door of the house (whose garden he just pissed in). Waves goodnight to us.

I think i just found my new hero/life partner.
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    JordyWordy wrote:
    So tonight i was getting a lift home from town (bout 4 miles away from where i live). 4 in the car and the little one says "pull over". We stop, he pisses in a garden. Takes some keys from his pocket, and opens the door of the house (whose garden he just pissed in). Waves goodnight to us.

I think i just found my new hero/life partner.

What a funny smart arse, I like him already!!! I hope Jordywordy you'll like this one....

Another time when we were leaving a POSH pub, It was from The Elizabethan Village, built from the ground up by a family of Gordies here in West Aus. When we had enjoyed our afternoon out and was leaving down thier 50mtr footpath to the carpark, I decided we needed an outdoor setting. Because atleast 3 of us in the car were all living at a mates joint and we had nothing soft to sit on outside.
    Ah yes. I remember trying not to lose control of the table reeling sideways down the ramped stairs.
    'WTF' my mates asked, and when I explained why, we got eight chairs aswell.
    I know now that is stealing, but 20 yrsr ago it was fun.
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    Jo wrote:
    Another time when we were leaving a POSH pub, It was from The Elizabethan Village, built from the ground up by a family of Gordies here in West Aus. When we had enjoyed our afternoon out and was leaving down thier 50mtr footpath to the carpark, I decided we needed an outdoor setting. Because atleast 3 of us in the car were all living at a mates joint and we had nothing soft to sit on outside.
    Ah yes. I remember trying not to lose control of the table reeling sideways down the ramped stairs.
    'WTF' my mates asked, and when I explained why, we got eight chairs aswell.
    I know now that is stealing, but 20 yrsr ago it was fun.

It's not stealing if you got away with it!
    I went out last night to a favourite pub, really hoping to have a good yarn about the journey home,
    .......................but nothing. I'm gunna try harder next weekend :P
    I must be getting old.
    I got a new story.

I was up the hill on the winding roads visiting a pub and seeing a band.
    When I left I drove down the HWY and I took a road I shouldn't have.
    I drove for 10 minutes before I realised I had no idea what road I was on.

I refuse to turn back, therefore I drove on.

I finally came back onto said hwy.

I drove down Hwy for 10 minutes, and passed the road I took 25 minutes before.

That Sucks :D

and last week from the same venue, I had to detour 20 minutes again because another Pub was burning down.

Is it just me? or do others have fun on the way home from the pub?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    JB and I went to Subway drive thru on the way home from the bar one night. We are not drive thru people. We don't really know how to order cause we never do it. We were hungry if you know what I mean, very special hungry and got a laughing jag going! JB was laughing where no sound came out and the guy taking our order kept saying "Sir, Sir?" which made me laugh harder. I started wetting my pants which made JB laugh harder.
    The guy wasn't really appreciating this which made both of us laugh even harder but we kept trying not to. It was a moment especially when we finally had to face the guy, very sheepishly.
    But yes I love the drive home from the bar, PJ cranked higher than normal, windows rolled down, sunroof open and hopefully a bag of cheeseburgers to share with the doggies waiting patiently at home:D
    I can almost see the perplexed face on the dude in the drivethrough.... :lol:

Getting the giggles on the way home is always funny. :D No matter what.. :roll: ;)
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Jo wrote:
    I can almost see the perplexed face on the dude in the drivethrough.... :lol:

Getting the giggles on the way home is always funny. :D No matter what.. :roll: ;)

Run over any chickens or cattle this time?