Walking Home From The Pub

ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Does anyone else find that walking home from the pub is their favourite time in the week? I find that walking home from the pub is when I have my clearest thoughts, when I can I can really hear the lyrics of the bands on my i-pod, and when I can enjoy pissing up walls and shop windows without anyone giving me shit - I prefer pissing in the open to pissing in a crapper.

I just walked home from the pub and listened to Daniel Johnston's song 'Don't let the sun go down on your grieveince' and it sounded better than I've ever heard it before.

Beer power!

Rock on brothers....and sisters!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    I used to hate walking out of the pubs in the morning :lol::lol: specially when the sun just hits your face no i can't do that at all ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Yeah, I love the stumble home form a neighborhood bar.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Does anyone else find that walking home from the pub is their favourite time in the week? I find that walking home from the pub is when I have my clearest thoughts, when I can I can really hear the lyrics of the bands on my i-pod, and when I can enjoy pissing up walls and shop windows without anyone giving me shit - I prefer pissing in the open to pissing in a crapper.

I just walked home from the pub and listened to Daniel Johnston's song 'Don't let the sun go down on your grieveince' and it sounded better than I've ever heard it before.

Beer power!

:thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    Damn police stopped me while i was urinating iagainst a wall last night. They gave me a lecture and told me to go home, they were pretty nic eabout it. Still, i was furious, damn copper, interrupting my fun!

They were really nice about it, and I was a real dick about it, I am lucky I wasnt arrested.

Gotta love the walk though!
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    JordyWordy wrote:
    Damn police stopped me while i was urinating iagainst a wall last night. They gave me a lecture and told me to go home, they were pretty nic eabout it. Still, i was furious, damn copper, interrupting my fun!

They were really nice about it, and I was a real dick about it, I am lucky I wasnt arrested.

I always thought you were female! haha
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Byrnzie wrote:

Beer power!

and when you wake up in the morning youll have a brand new feeling.

man i hope you were singing out loud to this one. and doing a little air instrumentation. :lol:

i think late night/extreme early morning(which is really night anyways) air is clearer and thinner... lending itself to sharper thought. or it just could be the booze. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I used to hate walking out of the pubs in the morning :lol::lol: specially when the sun just hits your face no i can't do that at all ...
    That is the worse. That sun is too much!
    Save room for dessert!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    JordyWordy wrote:

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Had a long walk back from the bars last night. A good 5-6 miles in the freezing ass cold...
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    mca47 wrote:
    Had a long walk back from the bars last night. A good 5-6 miles in the freezing ass cold...

But with enough beer under you belt you can beat the cold.
    I need to go the dentist today to get a crown, with a hangover. :problem:
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I normally go through the contacts in my phone, look for the good looking ladies, then put on an Irish accent and call them and tell them it's Patty.

They have no idea.... Until Now :( :(
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    JordyWordy wrote:

Hahaha. But who is to say they aren't There are some talented ladies out there. (The lady part is up for dispute though)

It's funny when you have this preconceived idea about someone then you are totally wrong.

Just for the record, I am male. :D
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    JordyWordy wrote:

Hahaha. But who is to say they aren't There are some talented ladies out there. (The lady part is up for dispute though)

It's funny when you have this preconceived idea about someone then you are totally wrong.

Just for the record, I am male. :D

yeah we figured that... but your stupid irish accent stunt with the ladies confirms it :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Nothing beats walking home or coming home after being given a lift after many drinks the best.
    Finding the keyhole to let yourself in is a challenge.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    JordyWordy wrote:

Yeah i get that a lot on here! :? :lol:

but I'm a bloke, and i'll piss where I want!
    pjfan31 wrote:
    I normally go through the contacts in my phone, look for the good looking ladies, then put on an Irish accent and call them and tell them it's Patty.

Thats so weird, i always speak "australian" when im drunk.....the ladies hate it though! ;)

Also, nobody Irish is called Patty - Its PADDY! Patty is Selma's sister is the Simpsons!! 8-)
    We'll iron out the kinks in your impersonation & get it working!
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Byrnzie wrote:

Beer power!

Do they have pubs in China?
    Isn't pissing up against a shop window a capital offence?
    Could you be the first PJer to be executed?

Tune in next week to hear Wun Hung Lo say "We mus find dis dwunken flucker"
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    pjfan31 wrote:

Just for the record, I've yet to meet an Irish person called Patty :P Pat, Paddy, Paudie, Podge, The Podger and Spud, but never Patty :lol:

I do enjoy the walk home, but only if I'm pretty nicely drunk. I hate walking home sober after a night out, and hate being totally wasted and all I want is a basin and my bed!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    JordyWordy wrote:

I bet there are a select few women who could pee on a wall...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Nothing beats walking home or coming home after being given a lift after many drinks the best.
    Finding the keyhole to let yourself in is a challenge.

Yeah...then you realize you're not even at YOUR door. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    nuffingman wrote:
    Do they have pubs in China?

Yep, though maybe 'bar' is a more accurate description.

nuffingman wrote:
    Isn't pissing up against a shop window a capital offence?

I doubt it. Every fucker here pisses in the street - even in broad daylight.
    nuffingman wrote:
    Could you be the first PJer to be executed?

I'll make sure I wear my stick man t-shirt for the cameras. 8-)
  • LUKIN!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    JordyWordy wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:

Thats so weird, i always speak "australian" when im drunk.....the ladies hate it though! ;)

Also, nobody Irish is called Patty - Its PADDY! Patty is Selma's sister is the Simpsons!! 8-)
    We'll iron out the kinks in your impersonation & get it working!

its too late. we already know the ruse and we will spread the word. :P :lol:

and well see how well an irishman does an aussie when colin farrell finishes filming dirt music. :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    and well see how well an irishman does an aussie when colin farrell finishes filming dirt music. :mrgreen:

I dont have high expectations, even his "irish" accent is pretty forced !

Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman's Irish accents in Far & Away still sets the standard for worst accent in a film, genuinely mortifying to listen to. :?
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    JordyWordy wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    JordyWordy wrote:

Yeah i get that a lot on here! :? :lol:

but I'm a bloke, and i'll piss where I want!

Well start typing a bit more manly and maybe we won't get so bloody confused! ;)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • This thread reminded me that my wife and I "pressed ham" on the windshield of a limo on Saturday night on the walk home from the pub. My wife was like, "phony rich bastards I'll show them!" and I joined in... I'm sure they saw some hangin' turkey neck. What a wonderful bonding moment.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Byrnzie wrote:

yeesh, sounds delightful.
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    Yeah I do really like that actually. I just like the way my neighborhood looks and feels and sounds at that time of night.
    Byrnzie wrote:

yeesh, sounds delightful.

And they let their kids piss and shit in the street too. This ain't no nanny state! :lol: