Options

Artillery BIG OCTOBER POSTER SALE!

Comments

• Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    Well I think I about to call it a night as I think I don't can sit here for anther minute never mind another hour trying to pick up one of these goodies. Good luck to all especially someone like me who just never seems to score the prized one!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948
    greenmanny wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    2005 Pearl Jam Hamilton
    2006 Pearl Jam Chicago
    2005 Pearl Jam South America
    2005 QOTSA Edmonton (Silver)
    2007 Flatstock 14
    2007 Pearl Jam Copenhagen

There were a few other gem's I had a chance to pick up, but those posters I already have in my collection via p/p (printer's proof) signed & numbered by Brad from D&L. So it's all good! :)

Sounds like you grabbed some goodies. I almost pulled the trigger on the Copenhagen but decided to constantly refresh for the others that I was hoping to get.

There were a few I almost pulled the trigger too! It felt like being a kid @ the candy store. hmm .. try it out? What say's you? hmm .. maybe this one? hmm ..

By the end of the day, with an amazing service from ArtilleryDesign, no errors, no glitches, no slowdown, the site did amazing with traffic. Brad man, great job! :) I hope 10club uses the server you have. We won't have this kind of problem with 10club ticket's go on sale.
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    adschnei wrote:
    I have a good feeling that all the top ISO prints are long gone! (HOB, Atl City, Toronto 06, DC 06, LA 06, Honolulu 06, EV Chicago, Kenyon)... I highly doubt someone would just be sitting on those, but I am relatively new to these Klausens sales, and maybe people just add posters they cant affor to their carts and sit on em, just to be dicks :?

I am new to the Klausen sales too, and I hope this is the case where people are sitting on them trying to figure out if they want to pay rent or have a poster!
  • Options
    luv-ed91luv-ed91 Posts: 215
    stickman wrote:
    Well I think I about to call it a night as I think I don't can sit here for anther minute never mind another hour trying to pick up one of these goodies. Good luck to all especially someone like me who just never seems to score the prized one!

I agree . . . put a fork in me - I'm done. I've lasted as long as I can, with no hope. So if anyone on the west coast that is still awake and willing, if ya pick me up the SLC, I'd definitely make it worth your while!!!!
    -- If I had known then, what I know now . . .

8/31/98 - Raleigh
    8/4/00 - Charlotte
    4/16/03 - Charlotte
    10/6/04 - Asheville
    6/16/08 - Columbia
    6/20/09 - EV Memphis
  • Options
    stickman wrote:
    I am new to the Klausen sales too, and I hope this is the case where people are sitting on them trying to figure out if they want to pay rent or have a poster!

I just hope they make the right decision and drop the poster.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    to those of you who are new to the sales.... everyone is pretty much new to this method of sales

i can't remember any site ever letting you "reserve" posters in your cart and then giving you time to think about it

and i'd say people that are releasing them now.... didn't really realize this is how it would go down

i hope the 10c does NOT adopt this type of sale... can you imagine people will be adding tix to their cart and then trying to bargain with others?

or adding them and waiting hours and hours ... maybe days? to buy

there has to be some sort of limit on how long stuff is allowed to sit in a cart

i spent HOURS clicking trying to get Philly tix as it is... I can't imagine how long it would take using this method

but kudos to brad for finding a method that allows the site to stay up and alive... i would just suggest putting a time limit on carts... although it sounds like that may be part of the old problems
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Paul, what did you get?

Thanks BK, site worked a treat. No problems. You must have kicked your I.T guys ass!!

got slc Portland and Hawaii not ev print.

Justwhat I wanted
    and you Pat?
  • Options
    DBev1980 wrote:
    Are the concert posters signed and numbered? If so, what's the difference between ART PRINTS and CONCERT POSTERS?

Is this a serious question?

Concert posters are for a band and a date on the tour
    an art print is just art like a nice picture

If you checked brads site surely that's really clear?
  • Options
    I see a lot of hob talk here, I don't get it, when put against the majority of brads work it's just not that interesting

or am I missing something?

Also about the numbering I can see it would be cool to have #1 but is 9 any different to 39? Really I don't see it. It's a number no?
  • Options
    satanmansatanman Posts: 295
    Does anyone have an extra toronto 09? Dont care if its S/N'ed or not. let me know
  • Options
    satanman wrote:
    Does anyone have an extra toronto 09? Dont care if its S/N'ed or not. let me know

there's a few going over at blackredyellow.com
  • Options
    satanman wrote:

hang on Ryan is that you? Rival has one
  • Options
    timctimc Posts: 664
    edited October 2009
    crazy I just snagged another Hawaii 09 print!!!!
    Post edited by timc on
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I see a lot of hob talk here, I don't get it, when put against the majority of brads work it's just not that interesting

Also about the numbering I can see it would be cool to have #1 but is 9 any different to 39? Really I don't see it. It's a number no?

Firstly, HOB is probably the rarest AP ever for a pearl jam poster with only 25 copies signed & numbered. That is extraordinary low for a pj poster. How many AP's have you seen for sale outside Artillery? Just putting it in perspective. Compare it to easy street which comes up often, its something to do with availability + the history and significance of the night.

Secondly, the show & event was unique as well & you cant deny that the presence of a led zeppelin great on the poster doesn't tickle you anywhere ;)

You as a collector must understand this 8-)
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Niko80 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Firstly, HOB is probably the rarest AP ever for a pearl jam poster with only 25 copies signed & numbered. That is extraordinary low for a pj poster. How many AP's have you seen for sale outside Artillery? Just putting it in perspective. Compare it to easy street which comes up often, its something to do with availability + the history and significance of the night.

Secondly, the show & event was unique as well & you cant deny that the presence of a led zeppelin great on the poster doesn't tickle you anywhere ;)
    You as a collector must understand this 8-)

mate I get all that but the print is so bland. If what you are saying is right brad could release a print of blade of grass pop on a reference to john Lennon and release 10 of them and it would be worth hundreds?

I think there has to be some appeal in the design too and some great art. Something has to make it appealing and I'm just not sure the low ap run does that
  • Options
    Oh and Nik the easy street pisses all over it
  • Options
    timc wrote:
    crazy I just snagged another Hawaii 09 print!!!!

:shock:

man, if you can snag another portland '06 poster, let me know! :ugeek:
  • Options
    it feels like all the poster before '09 that were listed as sold out, are now offically sold out. haven't seen anything show up for any of them. though i won't be surprised there's a few in peoples cart that haven't even processed yet, and might stay in their carts for day's on end. d'oh! oh well, c'est la vie!
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    For anyone who missed out on some Klausen's, I have these available. They're not signed, but are the next best thing. Shipping extra. All three for $115, shipped to the lower 48.
    Pearl Jam Europe 06 Klausen - 1st $33
    6920:57222.jpg
    Pearl Jam Denver 06 Klausen - 1st $33
    6920:49621.jpg
    Pearl Jam Chicago 06 Klausen - 1st $33
    6920:77938.jpg
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Paul, what did you get?

Thanks BK, site worked a treat. No problems. You must have kicked your I.T guys ass!!

got slc Portland and Hawaii not ev print.

Justwhat I wanted
    and you Pat?

Cool. I went on to get SLC and ended up with:
    SLC 09
    Hawaii 09
    Manchester 09
    Mexico 05.

My credit card hates me! It was my 30th last week so I treated myself.
    Even got an Easy st a few weeks bk for myself!! lol
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Good work mate.

To say I was done with posters I've let myself down this your, got 9 of em and there's 4 from Philly to come

I need shooting!!!

Happy belated birthday wishes
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    Anyone want to trade a PJ Toronto 09 poster 1st Edition for a Salt Lake City 09 poster?
  • Options
    did anybody score a slc today?
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Not that I am aware of...but I sure am having fun checking to see if one pops up periodically!
    the sorrow grows bigger, when the sorrow's denied
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Not that I am aware of...but I sure am having fun checking to see if one pops up periodically!

Holy Shit!!!! I just scored a SLC 22 hours after the sale opened!!!! Thanks whom ever dropped it from their cart!
  • Options
    Holy Shit!!!! I just scored a SLC 22 hours after the sale opened!!!! Thanks whom ever dropped it from their cart!

Congrats on the sweet score.
  • Options
    greenmanny wrote:

Congrats on the sweet score.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

see, i gave you luck! ;)
  • Options
    You the man, D! Now hook me up with some more luck so I can get my damn hands on a Borgata! :D
  • Options
    You the man, D! Now hook me up with some more luck so I can get my damn hands on a Borgata! :D

i'll see what my mind powers can do! 8-)