The official PLEASE PLAY EVACUATION in Philly 10/31 thread

124»

Comments

• JB128716 wrote:
    I think Evacuation is one of those songs that the band doesn't realize isn't that great, but still consistently play it live like it's a staple of the show.

I've seen this epidemic happen to other groups to. For example, U2 played Bullet the Blue Sky for years (they finally stopped this tour). And the song Mysterious Ways. Never really understood why they play that song live. It's like bowling. It sounds like a good idea when you first start, but after a few minutes, you want to move on.

It's time to retire Evacuation.

Wow, if only every band listened to your opinion as to what they should play before they went on tour. Until that rueful day passes, I am glad to have enjoyed Evacuation live multiple times.
  • JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    I want Pearl Jam to play whatever they feel like playing which is what they do. The last thing I would want is for this band to go through the motions like other bands do.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    JB128716 wrote:
    I want Pearl Jam to play whatever they feel like playing which is what they do. The last thing I would want is for this band to go through the motions like other bands do.

Well Said...as long as they don't do it in PERTH lol ;)