The official PLEASE PLAY EVACUATION in Philly 10/31 thread

Comments

• SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    I've actually been wanting to hear it too. I almost heard it at DC '08, but they fucked up and had to stop. Then Ed was like "I think we're gonna evacuate that one." haha. Yeah, it was so awesome to finally hear it in Philly!
  • Just listened to the song for the first time in forever...

still sucks..

still sucks..

moron.

still sucks..

Just played it for the first time in a few days. Loved it all over again.
    we're all going to the same place...
  • You people must lead miserable and pathetic lives if you feel the need to defend such a song for this amount of time..

This thread should have been dead weeks ago..
  • You people must lead miserable and pathetic lives if you feel the need to defend such a song for this amount of time..

Then let it die, you loser.
  • I'm going to ignore all the hatred of the song.

I'm grinning from ear to ear thinking about seeing this song live. Amazing.

"Evacuation" has been played twice (and aborted a third) since 2003, and I was there all 3 times. :) It's destiny.
    00: Va Beach, 03: Bristow, 04: Reading, 05: Atlantic City 2x
    06: Camden, Washington DC, 08: Va Beach, Washington DC
    09: Philly 2+3, 10: Bristow, 11: East Troy PJ20 1+2, 13: Baltimore, Charlottesville
  • SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    Evacuation is great, I find it hard to understand what exactly people dislike about it.

Some folks just like to follow the tide of general opinion, I guess?

I'm glad the band have been playing it again, albeit only very occasionally.

Or if they feel the need to write numerous posts about a song they don't even like...
    we're all going to the same place...

Keep judging away, Hammartime33. I certainly hope that other people's appreciation of Evacuation is causing you a lot of discomfort. Of course, that is exactly why we listen to it - so as to cause you grief.

Keep judging away, Hammartime33. I certainly hope that other people's appreciation of Evacuation is causing you a lot of discomfort. Of course, that is exactly why we listen to it - so as to cause you grief.

It really isn't.. there's only like 6-7 of you, definitely not the majority.

It really isn't.. there's only like 6-7 of you, definitely not the majority.

Get a life.
  • to Evacuation Rules...are you always this mean and negative or is this thread a rare instance for you??
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
    edited November 2009
    to Evacuation Rules...are you always this mean and negative or is this thread a rare instance for you??

Sorry mother.
    Post edited by Evacuation Rules on
  • to Evacuation Rules...are you always this mean and negative or is this thread a rare instance for you??

Sorry mother.

LOL!!! I would rather come across as Mom than a total jerk though, which, coincidentally, you seem like in this whole thread.

Sorry mother.

LOL!!! I would rather come across as Mom than a total jerk though, which, coincidentally, you seem like in this whole thread.

Did you not read the thread? Have you noticed that the guy who started it is the jerk here? Or do you just enjoy telling people how to act?

• LOL!!! I would rather come across as Mom than a total jerk though, which, coincidentally, you seem like in this whole thread.

Did you not read the thread? Have you noticed that the guy who started it is the jerk here? Or do you just enjoy telling people how to act?

Oh, I read the whole thread...and I'm not telling you HOW to act, I'm telling you how you SOUND...you were the one calling people losers, morons, fucking morons, and to get a life...if that isn't SOUNDING like a jerk, I don't know what is. Maybe you don't realize that's how you sound...I'm sure you're nice enough, but aren't coming across that way here.

• Did you not read the thread? Have you noticed that the guy who started it is the jerk here? Or do you just enjoy telling people how to act?

Oh, I read the whole thread...and I'm not telling you HOW to act, I'm telling you how you SOUND...you were the one calling people losers, morons, fucking morons, and to get a life...if that isn't SOUNDING like a jerk, I don't know what is. Maybe you don't realize that's how you sound...I'm sure you're nice enough, but aren't coming across that way here.

I don't care what you think, but thanks for the ettiquette lesson anyway.
  • Did you not read the thread? Have you noticed that the guy who started it is the jerk here? Or do you just enjoy telling people how to act?

I don't care what you think, but thanks for the ettiquette lesson anyway.

If you don't care what I think, why waste your time responding to me? Actually, I don't really care...You're welcome--and while I'm giving lessons, it's etiquette, not ettiquette...but you probably don't care about that either...have a lovely night!

• I don't care what you think, but thanks for the ettiquette lesson anyway.

If you don't care what I think, why waste your time responding to me? Actually, I don't really care...You're welcome--and while I'm giving lessons, it's etiquette, not ettiquette...but you probably don't care about that either...have a lovely night!

Thanks for the spelling lesson too honey.

I don't have the time or energy to think of a way to tell someone that they're a moron, or that they need to get a life, without "hurting their feelings". I get right to the point. If this makes me a jerk, then fine. At least I stand up for my convictions. If it gets me thrown out of here, I could care less. I don't exactly enjoy spending my time with jock meatheads and dumb chicks who want to get in Eddie's pants.
  • I don't care what you think, but thanks for the ettiquette lesson anyway.

Thanks for the spelling lesson too honey.

I don't have the time or energy to think of a way to tell someone that they're a moron, or that they need to get a life, without "hurting their feelings". I get right to the point. If this makes me a jerk, then fine. At least I stand up for my convictions. If it gets me thrown out of here, I could care less. I don't exactly enjoy spending my time with jock meatheads and dumb chicks who want to get in Eddie's pants.

man, you're just taking it so seriously!!! it's a message board--it's fun! There's just no reason to get so mad about those silly things....lighten up and let the jock meatheads and dumb chicks be just that...who cares??

• man, you're just taking it so seriously!!! it's a message board--it's fun! There's just no reason to get so mad about those silly things....lighten up and let the jock meatheads and dumb chicks be just that...who cares??

If it's supposed to be "fun" and "who cares", then I suggest that you refrain from handing out etiquette lessons anytime someone says something uncouth.
  • man, you're just taking it so seriously!!! it's a message board--it's fun! There's just no reason to get so mad about those silly things....lighten up and let the jock meatheads and dumb chicks be just that...who cares??

If it's supposed to be "fun" and "who cares", then I suggest that you refrain from handing out etiquette lessons anytime someone says something uncouth.

you're right...I'm sorry. I shouldn't care that you sounded like a jerk, but you should. I'ts just good manners. Anyway, I'm done trying to have a discussion with you...I'm clearly wasting my breath!

• Posting Guidelines
    2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here
  • Posting Guidelines
    2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here

LOL!!!! I think I did a good job with #1...I was polite and not abusive...and I only said that he SOUNDED like a jerk :-)

• this song sucks.. for real.. by far the worst song in the catologue..
    to those of you that actually like this song.. I feel bad for you

I started this thread as a response to all those damn threads requesting songs.. they didn't play it 10/31, but they played it in Philly.. mission accomplished to some extent.

Good for you, Hammartime33, good for you ... you are in a triple A minor league of your own

still sucks..

hah - made you listen to something you didn't want to!

I shudder to think what this says about you given that you actually followed us in our miserable and pathetic existence ...
  • JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    I think Evacuation is one of those songs that the band doesn't realize isn't that great, but still consistently play it live like it's a staple of the show.

I've seen this epidemic happen to other groups to. For example, U2 played Bullet the Blue Sky for years (they finally stopped this tour). And the song Mysterious Ways. Never really understood why they play that song live. It's like bowling. It sounds like a good idea when you first start, but after a few minutes, you want to move on.

It's time to retire Evacuation.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • JB128716 wrote:
    I think Evacuation is one of those songs that the band doesn't realize isn't that great, but still consistently play it live like it's a staple of the show.

Or maybe they realize it's a great song that some fans are too dense to enjoy?