The official PLEASE PLAY EVACUATION in Philly 10/31 thread

Comments

• play black red yellow in philly too

thanks
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • if played it Has to be the last show there
  • I am fine with "request threads", however this is one song (the other being Cropduster) that deserve anti-request threads :D
  • I am fine with "request threads", however this is one song (the other being Cropduster) that deserve request threads :D

Fixed
  • IndyDaveIndyDave Posts: 252
    Definitely NOT one of the finer songs in the PJ catalog.

Indy 2010, Indy 2003, Champaign 2003, Cincy 2000, Indy 2000
    Indy 1998, West Lafayette 1994, Chicago-Lollapalooza 1992
    Cincy-Lollapalooza 1992
    ======================================

I pledge my grievance to the flag.
  • I hope they play it every night on the rest of the tour, just to piss off stupid haters.
  • Play Evacuation, it'd shut up the haters!
  • we need some Binaural love in Philly!
  • we need some Binaural love in Philly!

and some more black red yellow lovin too ;)
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Play Evacuation !!! yeah!!!
  • Evacuaaatiooonnnnnn!!!! also play Breakerfall!!
  • MortalityMortality Posts: 156
    I just feel bad for everyone who hates Evacuation. Its like Ed said, Matt is so far ahead of the game, that everyone is just trying to catch up. That song is quality music. You have to be engulfed by the annoying(at first) "EVACUATION" repetition, instead of trying to block it out, that is the only way I can describe it. Then the beauty of the song will emerge.

Eddie learned to get his angst out by singing strange notes instead of screaming as he got older. I respect that, and the music is actually deeper because of it.
  • this song sucks.. for real.. by far the worst song in the catologue..
    to those of you that actually like this song.. I feel bad for you

I started this thread as a response to all those damn threads requesting songs.. they didn't play it 10/31, but they played it in Philly.. mission accomplished to some extent.
  • There are people out there who actually like this song, and I can't believe someone would be ignorant enough to start a "fake" request thread, as if no one in their right mind would like it. Fuck you.
  • There are people out there who actually like this song, and I can't believe someone would be ignorant enough to start a "fake" request thread, as if no one in their right mind would like it. Fuck you.

Great personal attack as always..

If you take the time to look over this thread, the majority of the responses were from people not wanting to hear the song.. exactly why I picked it.. there are a few who like the song.. but the overwhelming majority does not.

Ignorant doesn't seem like the fitting word for the situation.

If you take the time to look over this thread, the majority of the responses were from people not wanting to hear the song.. exactly why I picked it.. there are a few who like the song.. but the overwhelming majority does not.

Further proof that most PJ fans, including yourself, are fucking morons.

I started this thread as a response to all those damn threads requesting songs.. they didn't play it 10/31, but they played it in Philly.. mission accomplished to some extent.

Flamebait, my friend - you seem to get a rise from irritating others. Good for you. Hope it was as good for you as it was for all of us who enjoyed hearing Evacuation in Philly.

Flamebait, my friend - you seem to get a rise from irritating others. Good for you. Hope it was as good for you as it was for all of us who enjoyed hearing Evacuation in Philly.

But nobody likes Evacuation! That's why a "request" thread is really funny. Look at all the people who posted who seriously like the song. What morons! I feel sorry for them. Hahahaha. Durrrrrrrrrr. :roll:

But nobody likes Evacuation! That's why a "request" thread is really funny. Look at all the people who posted who seriously like the song. What morons! I feel sorry for them. Hahahaha. Durrrrrrrrrr. :roll:

Dude - I was responding to Hammartime and not you ---
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    shame :(
  • Until I started using the boards here it never crossed my mind that anyone didn't like Evacuation. It stood out for me the first time I heard Binaural and still does. I think that the break down in the middle could go a little further, take the song right down and then build up again, but I've always loved listening to it.

Sometimes I think I won't because the negativity here taints my opinion a little, then I listen to it and love it as much as ever. Great song, clever lyrics and a real simple wailing chorus line that puts a lot of meaning into one word.
    we're all going to the same place...
    "It's like your waiting for a diamond shore to wash your way.
    Bets put aside you're evil. Lets crawl into your face.
    A vision vague or not raising a frightful wake you up."

This bit is fucking a everytime!
  • Brisk. wrote:
    "It's like your waiting for a diamond shore to wash your way.
    Bets put aside you're evil. Lets crawl into your face.
    A vision vague or not raising a frightful wake you up."

This bit is fucking a everytime!

Damned right, it just needs to be about a minute longer and go right down low...
  • I was thrilled when they played on Night 2. Had seats right in front of Mike and Eddie caught my eye during it because I was going nuts!! They did it perfect and it was AWESOME!
    GoiMTvP.gif
    I was thrilled when they played on Night 2. Had seats right in front of Mike and Eddie caught my eye during it because I was going nuts!! They did it perfect and it was AWESOME!

Damn

You

:P
  • Until I started using the boards here it never crossed my mind that anyone didn't like Evacuation. It stood out for me the first time I heard Binaural and still does. I think that the break down in the middle could go a little further, take the song right down and then build up again, but I've always loved listening to it.

Sometimes I think I won't because the negativity here taints my opinion a little, then I listen to it and love it as much as ever. Great song, clever lyrics and a real simple wailing chorus line that puts a lot of meaning into one word.

huh?
  • Dude - I was responding to Hammartime and not you ---

I know, so was I.
  • Dude - I was responding to Hammartime and not you ---

I know, so was I.

Sorry, my bad!

huh?

Okay, I've re-read my post three times and I can't find the confusion!

huh?

Okay, I've re-read my post three times and I can't find the confusion!

The part where is says 'great song' in reference to Evacuation.