Options

Ask the Next Poster a Question...

Comments

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Yes especially when you want to get in and out of the way of food trucks and farmers

Yes I was an empath especially when I was a toddler,,,but I got stronger and a little more numb and relaxed now but are you an empath...
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I am / can be, to a fault...tend to take in what and who are around me, the energy given off. Sometimes it's a blessing, other times, a detriment.

Just how I am. I'd rather feel too much than nothing.

Would you prefer numbness over the alternative?
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I'm too passionate now to feel the alternative of negativity but I guess you can still feel a lot without having been dragged down by it..so yes

If you love your neighbor as yourself the old fashions ways and practice justice and are tactful you really can't be living in sin can you??
  • Options
    I think the perception of sin is subjective, and relative. Years ago, a woman who I considered a friend became a born-again Christian and despite my being a good person overall, repeatedly accused me of being a sinner for living with my now-husband before we were married.

We are no longer friends.

Is it easy to pare down "friends" over time? ie, less tolerance for the out-and-out judgments of others?
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Yes, I think so. The older you get, the less time you seem to have. I know that I don't want to waste the precious time I do have with "friends" that judge me. I want to hang out with people that support me, make me laugh, care about me, are real with me without passing judgement. It's okay if you don't always agree with me, but just acknowledge that people have different views and are entitled to their opinions. Variety is the spice of life.

Do you play any card games and if so which ones?
  • Options
    Amen to variety and its many flavors!

I used to play Texas Hold'em, online only. Lost some, won some. It was a blast but I'm over it.

Are you a good face-to-face bluffer?

• Options
    hedonist said:

Amen to variety and its many flavors!

I used to play Texas Hold'em, online only. Lost some, won some. It was a blast but I'm over it.

Are you a good face-to-face bluffer?

Amen, sistah!!! ;)

I'm great at bluffing during a game... any game. However, in life, people can see right through me. I wear my emotions on my sleeve.

Do you have to mentally prepare yourself for tough conversations or do you just let your emotions handle it all?
  • Options
    We seem similar in some nice ways :)

To your question, I'm somewhere in the middle (as usual - forty or more shades of grey).

Are there some things / issues that are completely black-and-white for you?
  • Options
    For sure, Hedo! I totally connect with you.

With issues, yes there are some that are black and white... However, with age and experience, some of my views have started to become a bit more grey. There are always 3 sides to every story...

What is the most exciting thing you have done this year?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Chicago trip to see the Cubs and Pearl Jam

You?
  • Options
    Definitely my 16 hour roadtrip by myself, through 6 states to see PJ in Chicago, followed by meeting fellow 10C
    members...highlight of my year.

Is there a roadtrip in your life that stands out?
  • Options
    Driving 10,000+ miles to see Pearl Jam tour around is definitely up there. I've had some great roadtrips. I've covered most of the country except Hawaii and Alaska. Definitely want to get to Alaska at some point. I miss being on the road, you can do some real living out there.

Do you mind being alone?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Not at all, but I definitely prefer having a smokin' hot lover around.

How many states have you been to?
  • Options
    Six?

counting, counting......

NV, WA, OH, NY, NJ.

Fuck! Five =)

How many countries have you been to?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    A quick count just now puts it at 18 but I feel like I'm missing some.

And how many countries have you visited?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    ^^^
    Agreed.
    I've been to 19states, just feels like I may have seen more.

I thought the original question was how many countries have you visited.
    In that case 12.

Do you like to travel outside your country?
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    I love to travel outside of my country....but I love,even more, coming home.

What is the best thing(s) about where you live?
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    I have 24hours places to eat and drink..

your fav conspiracy theory??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    I'm not gonna say it's aliens, but... ALIENS!

If you could live in any period of time throughout history other than your own, when/where would it be?
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    The old west

Most exotic food you've eaten?
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Shark

Do you like the Grateful Dead?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Yes.

Ever heard of the band Unified Theory?
  • Options
    Yes! We adore Blind Melon, and so bought their first (only?) album when it came out. Not bad at all, just didn't connect with it enough to search out more of their music.

Are you a fan of Blind Melon?
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited October 2016
    You know that I am!

What have you listened to recently that you haven't listened to in a long time?
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Grateful Dead

Same question...
    Central Park 15

• Options
    hedonist said:

Yes! We adore Blind Melon, and so bought their first (only?) album when it came out. Not bad at all, just didn't connect with it enough to search out more of their music.

Are you a fan of Blind Melon?

Looks like Unified Theory has 2 albums now. I've never listened to either album, but I've always loved their song "Wither" off of the first album. Lead singer has a pretty neat voice. So... My 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon connection to that band is that I went to grade school with the lead singer's younger sister. He was always competing in battle of the bands. I went to a birthday party in the 8th grade and his band was playing there..... I just listened to "Wither" again, I still like it.
  • Options

Grateful Dead

Same question...

My previous remark just happens to be the answer to your question. Unified Theory.

Do you have a 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon with anyone we might know?
  • Options
    One degree with a couple of folks some might know!

(and I love Cessna and California)

Ever be surprised by an emotional reaction of yours?

• Options
    ^^^^ Hmmm...interesting

I just gave those two songs a listen. They sounded pretty good. I never noticed it until now, but his voice kind of reminds me of Geddy Lee in a weird sort of way...

I'm not as surprised, but more annoyed with my reactions sometimes... Sometimes when I get really angry I start to shake so bad that my knees give out and I have to sit down. It's hard to get your point across when your falling down.

Have you ever been so angry that you've felt your adrenalin pulse in the veins of your wrists?
  • Options
    I can see the Geddy tie-in, though I did think they were trying to go for a Hoon-like voice.

Your answer - I believe I mentioned at some point we have some likenesses. Your reaction can be added to the mix. Several situations trigger that in me and the more familiar that feeling becomes, the more I want to rid myself of it.

My answer - it's more like an all-out adrenaline surge, generously dispersed throughout my body, then mind...or vice versa. Such fun.

Ever done an anonymous random act of kindness?