Ask the Next Poster a Question...

Comments

• PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Because I'm sunburned and feel like crap and I'm by myself at work....

Why does Monday suck?
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Because sometimes you are told things you don't want to know, and then decisions are made that you weren't planning on, and it just all around sucks.

Is that a good enough answer?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Sure...works for me...

Do you like meatloaf?
    Tattooed Dissident!
    ummmm....I suppose it can be good.

Do you pop your pimples or just leave them alone?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    I usually pop them...they won't go away if I don't, they just get bigger and bigger...

Do you pick at scabs or let them heal and come off on their own?
    Tattooed Dissident!
    I'm a picker...well...more of a test to see if it's ready, if just a little corner comes up, I'll keep working at it slowly...

What do you do if you've just eaten ribs,and you don't have floss or a toothpick?

- Christopher McCandless
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Fingernail. Right in there.

Why is there nothing on tv?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    because the producers think we like reality crap...

what would you like to see more of on TV?

- Christopher McCandless
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    I'm more of a history girl, so Ken Burns' National Park series and that sort of thing is right up my alley. If I'm going to watch something, I generally like to learn something from it.

If you had no access to electronics, what would you do for entertainment?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    read...a real book, like the kind with paper pages and stuff.

Do you like sci-fi?

- Christopher McCandless
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Not really. Never was my thing even as a kid.

Do you believe history as we know it is horse poop? I learned some things about Wyatt Earp that blew me mind this weekend.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    yes, they keep wanting to 'make corrections' or 'soften' it. Tell it like it was, make people realize how much progress we've made damnit!

What blew you away?

- Christopher McCandless
    Wyatt Earp was a crook and a complete Fraud. His family scrubbed his history ad then hollywood told the scrubbed history in the movies. He was a pimp before and after Tombstone, rigged a boxing match in San Diego and couldn't step foot back in AZ or he would be hung. We all heard of the OK Corall shoot out. His family wiped the aftermath when he went and killed countless other people who he blamed for his brothers death even though they had nothing to do with it. He was so corrupt he kept applying to be Tombstones tax collector but the city refused as they feared he would steal all the money. Doc Holiday was a nobody for the most part as well that hollywood made into a gun fighter. I spent 3 days trying to learn the real history of Tombstone and loved it. Wife and I are going back without the kids as they got bored for some parts. So interesting and so brutal. The cemetery is nothing but murdered people.

Are you going to any concerts this summer and if so which ones?
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Yes. J Roddy Walston & The Business here in a few weeks and Mayhem Fest in July.

If there was a historical time/place/people that you could visit and ask questions-- any at all-- when/where or who would you like to visit with?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

Wyatt Earp was a crook and a complete Fraud. His family scrubbed his history ad then hollywood told the scrubbed history in the movies. He was a pimp before and after Tombstone, rigged a boxing match in San Diego and couldn't step foot back in AZ or he would be hung. We all heard of the OK Corall shoot out. His family wiped the aftermath when he went and killed countless other people who he blamed for his brothers death even though they had nothing to do with it. He was so corrupt he kept applying to be Tombstones tax collector but the city refused as they feared he would steal all the money. Doc Holiday was a nobody for the most part as well that hollywood made into a gun fighter. I spent 3 days trying to learn the real history of Tombstone and loved it. Wife and I are going back without the kids as they got bored for some parts. So interesting and so brutal. The cemetery is nothing but murdered people.

Are you going to any concerts this summer and if so which ones?

Yeah, Doc Holliday was a dentist with a soft spot for alcohol and women with a hard luck story. Actually, his story is pretty interesting but not in the way Hollywood wants it to be.

Historical time - I'd actually like to go to London in the 17th century (but not for very long).
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Problems with the question part today?
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Ummm - yes. And here I thought I was doing well to actually answer the last one.

Shall I just go away now and try again tomorrow?
    No.

What is your favorite fast food place?
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Dick's

Yours?

- Christopher McCandless
    :smile:

MexiGo, a local chain with not very authentic but definitely yummy "Mexican" food. Hey, I live in Victoria, not California; I'll take what I can get.

Did you get any new books this weekend?
    Sort of...I'm borrowing a book from a girl I (used to) work with.

She got axed today, should I return it to her and just get it for myself?

- Christopher McCandless
    Yes. I picked up a book on the real gunfighters of Tombstone. I got into their real history and when you see how many people died of murder in just a few of years (1879 - 1882) at the cemetery it got me interested.

Your Favorite book of all time is?
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Whoops. Maybe in the trauma of getting fired she won't notice it, and you'll have a free book! :smiley: . (Probably best to return it, so your karma will be get an easy boost.)

Is the book any good?
    edited June 2015

Your Favorite book of all time is?

The art of racing in the rain (currently)

Whoops. Maybe in the trauma of getting fired she won't notice it, and you'll have a free book! :smiley: . (Probably best to return it, so your karma will be get an easy boost.)

Is the book any good?

Yes, it's why I don't want to give it back...but I also don't want to face her to return it because I found out she talked shit behind my back about me to our boss. And I wanna punch her lights out for doing that too...

Can I just mail it to her? My boss might pay for it...
    Post edited by RKCNDY on

- Christopher McCandless
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    The Art of Racing in the Rain is amazing!!

Face her & return the book to her with a smirk.

Have you seen Inglourious Basterds?
    Lol! I'll make some snarky comment to her... *evil laugh*

Have not seen bastards...is it good/should I see it? (dicaprio right?)

- Christopher McCandless
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Not di Caprio. Brad Pitt. Chrsitoph Waltz is amazing. Plays such a great bad guy. It's Tarantino, so pretty violent, but definitely worth a watch.

What's Tarantino's best movie?
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,121
    Reservoir Dogs
    What's Hitchcock's best movie??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Psycho

Have you grown tired of the recent over-saturation of Hollywood remakes?
    Yes. Why did Poltergeist need to be remade? If they remake Jaws I will go protest. I feel it coming.

What is the one movie if they remade that would cause you to flip out?
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle