Ask the Next Poster a Question...

Comments

• shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    I don't have to work and it's a nice low key day to just sit around and relax

Have you had a cold yet this winter?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • I have one right now!

When will you take down your Christmas tree and decorations?
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    edited January 2015
    ASAP :)

Is it also tradition in your country to watch the movie "Ivanhoe" on New Years day ?
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Not that I know of.. I don't know that we have any traditional New Years movies, do we?? ( I don't really watch TV, except for some rareties.

What's your country's weirdest tradition?
  • Maybe that you shouldn't step inside fairy rings? Never seemed odd to me though haha

Same question!
  • I'd say the fact that there's only two months out of our calendar year where there isn't some sort of Holliday. Lol we're a party happy country. And just curious, how do you define a fairy ring? What does that look like?. PS I have always wanted to go to Ireland!

What is one thing you are determined to accomplish before you die?
  • I'd like to have children before I die haha

You recognise a fairy ring as a dark ring of grass. I'll try remember to take a picture next time I see one but this page has some pics

http://ksuturf.org/Lawn_Problem_Solver_Site/solver/off-color/fairy_ring.shtml

Do you believe in marriage? (i.e. that there's a reason for it)
  • Yes. Her is what I believe about marriage. It has a purpose. That purpose was originally for the legitimate santigicationmif repopulation across the earth. Now that we have populated it, I believe Marriage is a still sacred union between a man and a woman. No I'm not a gay basher, ( shit, for ten years, I WAS gay!!), but I realize now why it is so wrong. A marriage's original
    Purpose was to legitimately recreate human beings. There was supposed to be an order to family. Niw, just like everything else on the world, it doesn't mean a thing! Gay marriage is non productive, you can't lick a girl's hop haw and make a baby. The ONLY way to do that is through heterosexual encounters (other than by all these freaky deals man came up with). I don't hate gay people, if anything I understand them greater than most people, cause I lived in their world for ten years! But, i don't agree with that lifestyle anymore, and I think I used it as a means of escaping the realities I'd been faced with in life. I also believe Marriage is a forever thing. I don't think you get to get married, and then when things get tough or uncomfortable you get a divorce. That's bullshit, and a horrible lie to tell someone.. Basically you're telling that person that they're not worth the effort to see things through. That they are trash that you can just throw away and walk away from. I think that's cruel, and mean spirited. I also think that sex has WAYYYYYYYYY too much value than it should in society, and that it should be held between those IN marriage, and no one else. ( notice how after all the free love shit of the 60's and on, that the sexual disease rate skyrocketed??? Think about that.) I believe sex is a very special
    Thing that not just anyone and everyone under the sun she be giving away like a lure to a good life. Do I miss sex? Yes. Do I want to get married yes, but given I'm thus old fashioned, don't see that ever happening, as men hear any of the things I just stated and they laugh, turn around and within INCHES find some girl who'll sleep with them after twenty minutes of small talk. And since sex is what is most important to everyone these days, and it's off the table til marriage for me, I have no chance. But oh well. I'm learning to live with this fact in life. Ok so, now I have pissed off every single other 10c member...

Same question.
  • I do however believe that if you are in life threatening h situations, ( your husband or wife is beating you) or that infidelity, ( adultery, cheating) is the ONLY grounds for divorce.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    yes marriage I believe is a key to unlocking doors with your partner and or signifying commitment, I too am old fashion and agree sex has become too easy and is not a delight to many as it was to the innocent generation ie 60's and has become like tap water, people back then got excited just touching or holding hands, and exploring was something you did with your husband or wife, now like you said its smooth talk and away the sport goes, it's a shame really and why people pursue other things now to get off, drugs

do you believe in things in the world are getting worse ?
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,130
    i'm sure

do you believe in hope??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Yes, hope is humanity, without it we are lost

Do you ever find yourself imagining terrible scenarios e.g. the death of a loved one?
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    jennycoyle wrote: »
    Yes, hope is humanity, without it we are lost

Do you ever find yourself imagining terrible scenarios e.g. the death of a loved one?
    Yes. I think most people do this, actually.

Are you afraid of death?
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Absolutely terrified. When I think about it, it's almost too much to comprehend and it completely messes with my head!

Do you often think about death?
  • Too much

Do you gamble?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Nope, unless you count doing the lotto every so often

Do you get 8hrs sleep every night?
  • Yes, I need my sleep or I can't function

WHat do you collect?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Foreign currency

What country would you like to visit?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    There's still quite a good bit of the US I'd love to see. Hell, I just crossed the Mississippi River and flew on a plane for the first time in my life this past year. My top 3 foreign countries I'd like to visit, if I had to pick right now, would be Ireland, Australia, & Croatia.

Which movie have you recently seen in a theatre? (If you haven't been to a theatre lately, which movie would you like to see?)
  • TerryGTerryG Posts: 366
    The last Lord of the Rings movie, was pretty good but some unbelievable parts even for a fantasy movie.

Do you try and make New Years resolutions?
    Do yourself a favor and be you online. Anonymity plus audience often equals asshole.
    Try not to be one. Make mom proud.
    Dan Johns
  • AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219
    No, if I don't make them, I can't break them.

Which kind of weather has your preference?
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Depends on what I'm doing. I love hot summer days for beach, bbq, picnics. I love cool fall days for being outside, hiking, Apple picking. I love calm snowy winte days if I can stay inside my house. I love spring warmth a rain as it washes away the grime of winter. I love gloomy rainy days for listening to binaural and riot act front to back :-) I guess I appreciate change

What's for breakfast?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
    Depends on what I'm doing. I love hot summer days for beach, bbq, picnics. I love cool fall days for being outside, hiking, Apple picking. I love calm snowy winte days if I can stay inside my house. I love spring warmth a rain as it washes away the grime of winter. I love gloomy rainy days for listening to binaural and riot act front to back :-) I guess I appreciate change

What's for breakfast?
    Went out today and had a crepe with chicken, spinach, mushrooms, swiss & hollandaise! Delicious!

What is your favorite meal of the day?
    ~not a dude~
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,845
    Usually dinner because I take the most care preparing it.

Do you like really spicy food?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Not unless you plan on rushing me to the hospital with the worst heartburn known to man.

What is your favorite music documentary?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    deadendp wrote: »
    Not unless you plan on rushing me to the hospital with the worst heartburn known to man.

What is your favorite music documentary?
    I really enjoyed the documentary on the Foo Fighters, "Back and Forth." Besides loving it because they're one of my favorite bands, thought it was put together very well, and tackled all the tough stuff honestly. Loved that they ended it with the making of Wasting Light, too.

What's your favorite documentary in general?
    ~not a dude~
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,130
    Zeitgeist..

Yours??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • GillycwGillycw Posts: 524
    PJ20 of course and Searching for Sugarman

Have you ever written a fan email or letter? (Excluding on the forum)
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited January 2015
    OMG yes. Years later I felt horrible for it too!! Cause it was like 32 pages ( front AND back) long. Poor Amy Grant!! Lol but the people that read the letters for her, were very kind and one lady Lori Mac Allister actually wrote me back. ( this was during my recoup from the major car accident that only I survived, even after having been ejected from the car). It ended up starting a life long friendship, so in a way, I'm glad I did.
    As for PJ, I have only ever written to the 10 for necessity reasons. They have always been professional, and helpful. I wish I could work there! Lol

Same question
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    edited January 2015
    As a boy who collected baseball cards and was (is) a big fan of sports in general, I wrote many a letter to my favorite players - asking for autographs or just saying hello. Only one that ever wrote me back was Nolan Ryan.

Do you have a night (or nights) of the week where you order/make the same food each week? (e.g. 'Taco Tuesday')
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on