Ask the Next Poster a Question...

Comments

• dottles wrote:
    By getting up very late and spent most the day either doing jackshit or playing xbox with my house mate. Oh and watched match of the day. Not had a lazy day like this in a while. Sometimes its just necessary.

Can you recommend any music i should listen to?

It depends what you want, I have such a varied taste in music. Ummm this evening I've listened to Blind Melon, Seth Lakeman (folk), Brendan Benson (due to thread in other music), The Levellers, Frank Turner and Mr Scruff.

Should I bake a cake tomorrow?

Well i listen to bits of everything from Jazz to Heavy Metal to even bits of Classical so anything goes really.

Yes you should and yes you should send me a piece :D

Whats the furthest you have ever travelled to a gig or event?
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138

Well i listen to bits of everything from Jazz to Heavy Metal to even bits of Classical so anything goes really.

Yes you should and yes you should send me a piece :D

Whats the furthest you have ever travelled to a gig or event?

I'm not sure the cake would survive being posted to Warrington!

On the music side of things mix CDs are the way to go, get your mates to do some and you may well find some new and cool stuff. I do mix cds for my mates all the timewhen they want new stuff, or fancy a change. I would recommend Blind Melon if you don't already listen to them, Frank Turner and The Levellers if you like a political edge to songs. Seth Lakeman is good, but then I like fiddle based folk (he is modern folk) and I'm liking the Florence and the Machine album at the minute.

Travelling didn't happen for ages due to my ex, so probably Loch Lomond for a wedding or Dublin for a hen party.

Should I go to sleep?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    When you get tired, you should go to sleep. :)

What did you do today?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • llovellove Posts: 106
    Fed my chicken and looked at ordering more chicks for the spring. I need more eggs. There's a cool little chicken coop made by a company in the UK for backyard chickens. It's now available in the US too.

http://www.omlet.co.uk/homepage/homepage.php

I also visited with my mom and we looked at a condo for her to move to. Busy day. Now I'm watching Pearl Jam on ACL again for the twentieth time and eating fig cake with lemon glaze that I made...very yummy.

No am in Australia!!! :D

What is the worst concert/gig you've ever been to?
    A few local bands I've seen have been awful, of known artists then probably a few come to mind. Amy Winehouse who stormed off stage, had an argument with her band oh and swore and spat at the crowd, Razorlight who may as well have been in a studio, no interaction between the band members or with the crowd, it looked like they hated every minute of it, and a guy called Natty who does reggae stuff who was meant to have been on at 9pm but didn't come on stage until 10.45 when loads of the crowd had left as they were fed up waiting.

What act live has surprised you? (you didn't think they would be good but they were type thing)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dottles wrote:
    A few local bands I've seen have been awful, of known artists then probably a few come to mind. Amy Winehouse who stormed off stage, had an argument with her band oh and swore and spat at the crowd, Razorlight who may as well have been in a studio, no interaction between the band members or with the crowd, it looked like they hated every minute of it, and a guy called Natty who does reggae stuff who was meant to have been on at 9pm but didn't come on stage until 10.45 when loads of the crowd had left as they were fed up waiting.

What act live has surprised you? (you didn't think they would be good but they were type thing)
    Travis :oops:

Who is the most famous muscian you have met?
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Gosh, not really met any famous musicians, once bumped into Alvin Stardust in a village in Surrey also the lead singer from Tight Fit in Harrods (no I can't afford to shop there, was just wandering around aimlessly) when I was about 14/15 :oops:

What famous musician would you like to meet (excluding PJ)?
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Claireack wrote:
    Gosh, not really met any famous musicians, once bumped into Alvin Stardust in a village in Surrey also the lead singer from Tight Fit in Harrods (no I can't afford to shop there, was just wandering around aimlessly) when I was about 14/15 :oops:

Dave Groll, he would be a riot and easy going and would have numerous kick ass stories

do you buy any gossip magazines?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

Dave Groll, he would be a riot and easy going and would have numerous kick ass stories

do you buy any celebrity magazines?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    hmmmm

that correction didn't seem to work right

carry on
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    I buy Cosmo and Glamour sometimes, my beat mate buys all the others like OK, Now, Heat etc.. she spends a fortune on them so I just read hers if I am at her house.

Who do you live with?
    nobody

how many hours per day on avg do you think you spend reading in your personal time?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    Varies, sometimes hours & hours sometimes 10 mins. Depends on how much I am enjoying reading.

What are you reading at the moment?
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Unfortunately nothing at the moment, and I am irritable and it shows...I get a bit edgy when I have nothing to read....love a good crime novel though, or anything to do with criminology and forensics...love how some minute scrap of apparently nothing can be what gets the bastards caught!!

What genre of book really intersts you?
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    Unfortunately nothing at the moment, and I am irritable and it shows...I get a bit edgy when I have nothing to read....love a good crime novel though, or anything to do with criminology and forensics...love how some minute scrap of apparently nothing can be what gets the bastards caught!!

I like crime novels as well. This summer I got on to a kick of Margret Truman's books. Read a few... Then there was one from some lawer in Portland. It was really good accept the end took unnecessary turn, can't remember who it was right now.

How many nights have you spent in Jail?
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
    mr.pink wrote:

I like crime novels as well. This summer I got on to a kick of Margret Truman's books. Read a few... Then there was one from some lawer in Portland. It was really good accept the end took unnecessary turn, can't remember who it was right now.

:shock: NONE!!!!!! never been bad enough for that...just fines!!!!

How many fines/tickets have you gotten?
    mr.pink wrote:

None, I don't drive which helps I guess, but also my Dad is manager of/responsible for all the courts (Crown, County and Magistrates) in the South West of England so it wouldn't look good :lol:

What is your favourite biscuit?
  • dottles wrote:
    mr.pink wrote:

None, I don't drive which helps I guess, but also my Dad is manager of/responsible for all the courts (Crown, County and Magistrates) in the South West of England so it wouldn't look good :lol:

Now THAT is a question. On top of my head ill go with Hobnobs.

Jaffa cakes. Biscuit or cakes? Think carefully ;)
    dottles wrote:

Jaffa cakes. Biscuit or cakes? Think carefully ;)[/quote]

Cake, because they go hard when stale where as biscuits go soft.

keeping with the food theme, noodles or rice?
  • dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Jaffa cakes. Biscuit or cakes? Think carefully ;)

Cake, because they go hard when stale where as biscuits go soft.

keeping with the food theme, noodles or rice?[/quote]

THEN WHY ARE THEY IN THE BISCUIT SECTION THEN!!!!????? Why aren't they with the kipling apple pies and battenburgs eh?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm rice. More meals you can with rice then noodles i think. Both yummy tho.

Favourite pie?
  • spanakopita ...u freaks :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • spanakopita ...u freaks :lol:

That's not a question....

Do you get Jaffa Cakes in Greece?
    I don't know, unfortunately never been :(

How the hell did I manage to spend £93 on food shopping today??
    Claireack wrote:
    I don't know, unfortunately never been :(

How the hell did I manage to spend £93 on food shopping today??

Because you were hungry when you went and you were drawn in by all those two for ones when you didn't want one in the first place :lol:

What's the one food you can't say no to?
    marinated olives!!!!!!

What time is it?
    marinated olives!!!!!!

What time is it?

22.40 and I'm watching Without a Trace :D

Coffee or tea?
    A week ago, last Saturday, hubby rang me at home to say that he had cut his head open whilst working at someones house and blood was pouring out and he didn't know what to do, so I started running up to their house, only for him to phone and say don't panic he's ok. I was knackered.
    dottles wrote:
    Because you were hungry when you went and you were drawn in by all those two for ones when you didn't want one in the first place

So true!!

When was the last time you skipped?
    Claireack wrote:
    A week ago, last Saturday, hubby rang me at home to say that he had cut his head open whilst working at someones house and blood was pouring out and he didn't know what to do, so I started running up to their house, only for him to phone and say don't panic he's ok. I was knackered.
    dottles wrote:
    Because you were hungry when you went and you were drawn in by all those two for ones when you didn't want one in the first place

So true!!

When was the last time you skipped?

Umm, December the 18th, we drunkenly skipped from one pub to the next all holding hands.... :lol: :oops:

Do you go to a gym or class?