what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Why am I here? There's so many other places I'd rather be right now!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Pamela0222 wrote:

Do you mean Canada?

;)
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Pamela0222 wrote:

Do you mean Canada?

;)

:lol: That too!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I finally get to see Bruce!
    and then I get to see Pearl Jam the next weekend :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    UPS = THIEVES
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Holy shit! My 15 year old was just telling me how embarrassing it was buying condoms! He's bought condoms! He is thinking about having sex! He's my baby, he can't have sex! He's too young! Shit shit shit! This is happening too fast for my brain to cope with! It seems like only yesterday that I gave birth to him! Noooooooooooo!!

What did I say to him whilst all this was spinning round my head? 'Don't rush into anything, and thank you for being responsible'

(Sigh)
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Claireack wrote:
    Holy shit! My 15 year old was just telling me how embarrassing it was buying condoms! He's bought condoms! He is thinking about having sex! He's my baby, he can't have sex! He's too young! Shit shit shit! This is happening too fast for my brain to cope with! It seems like only yesterday that I gave birth to him! Noooooooooooo!!

What did I say to him whilst all this was spinning round my head? 'Don't rush into anything, and thank you for being responsible'

(Sigh)

HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!!! I'm so dreading when this day happens with my boys. And I have two! :o

Hugs to you and your brain will cope with it. And it was probably a good thing that you didn't freak. And another thing, at least he was honest with you and told you.

hugs to you claire!
    tickets are officially bought for Atlanta!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Florence and the Machine 2morrow nite. :mrgreen:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Claireack wrote:

(Sigh)

good lord!

well, I had to explain to my 17 year old son (and his mother! sheesh.) that having a co-ed sleepover after the prom was not going to happen.

they are just babies!!!
    Of.the.girl - very scarey situation, and very emotional too. I feel I might shed a tear or two when he's out tonight.

Rick - the problem is there's a whole load of them going camping tonight including his girlfriend. I can say no to my house but once they're out and about it's difficult. A few months I did say that two of his friends couldn't stay over because one was a girl. It didn't go down well at all, he just couldn't understand if they were just friends why she couldn't stop. His argument was very convincing so much so that it ended up with the only argument I had was 'because I'm the adult and it's my house' which I think was a bit feeble.
    zip it pervert....
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Claireack wrote:
    Of.the.girl - very scarey situation, and very emotional too. I feel I might shed a tear or two when he's out tonight.

Rick - the problem is there's a whole load of them going camping tonight including his girlfriend. I can say no to my house but once they're out and about it's difficult. A few months I did say that two of his friends couldn't stay over because one was a girl. It didn't go down well at all, he just couldn't understand if they were just friends why she couldn't stop. His argument was very convincing so much so that it ended up with the only argument I had was 'because I'm the adult and it's my house' which I think was a bit feeble.

I have no problem telling my kids no with the reason that "because I said so". They are the kids, I am the parent. I do reason with them, but if they push it, I simply say no. Now their mother, she istougher to convince, like having another teenager.

thank god I don't have girls.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I will try and stay calm and relaxed... :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    Rick - me too! If I'd a girl I'd be freaking out more than I am now!
    Florence and the Machine 2morrow nite. :mrgreen:

how the hell did you get tickets?!?!?!?!!? I wanna go too!
    Claireack wrote:
    Rick - me too! If I'd a girl I'd be freaking out more than I am now!

I say this same thing too! If I had girls, they'd be locked up until they were 25. :o:lol:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

I have no problem telling my kids no with the reason that "because I said so". They are the kids, I am the parent. I do reason with them, but if they push it, I simply say no. Now their mother, she istougher to convince, like having another teenager.

thank god I don't have girls.

I am the same way - NO !!! just because I can. Its easy now - 14 and 10 yrs old. :)

"They are the kids, I am the parent". ( love that line ) good for you
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    "mikalina wrote:
    I am the same way - NO !!! just because I can. Its easy now - 14 and 10 yrs old. :)

It is strange - the two older ones (17 and almost 16) are both taller than me, but luckily they still listen to me.
    Claireack wrote:

(Sigh)
    must be a strange feeling..and Claire,i like the way you talk to him..
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    "mikalina wrote:

It is strange - the two older ones (17 and almost 16) are both taller than me, but luckily they still listen to me.
    [/quote]

My 14 yr old daughter is taller than me - and luckily both kids still listen to me too.... :D
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    im lost
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    everyone's a fucking drama queen :roll:
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Ben Harper has an "empty" block in his tour schedule from sept. 4- sept 26...maybe he'll visit me in florida :think:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    meeting a cousin I hardly know for dinner tomorrow night and going to a Broadway show. Out of all the shows she bought tickets to End of the Rainbow :fp:

I'm calculating how many martinis I can drink from the start of the visit to the end without passing out and still appearing to be enchanting and enlightened.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    conman wrote:
    everyone's a fucking drama queen :roll:

I AM NOT! OMG!

*stomps foot*
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    afroannnie wrote:
    A very close friend's brother died in a car accident this morning. I can't stop thinking about it and how it is hurting their family. He was in his early 20s and has two small sons. This year has been nothing but heartache for them. I have had friends in the past lose loved ones but this is affecting me in such a strong way. I think of the kids, who will grow up without a father. For his parents who hurt to lose a son. For his siblings...his sister (who has such a wonderful outlook on life and such a positive attitude, I wonder how this will change her) his brother who is still so young. As well as the rest of the family who have seen this type of heart ache in the past and hoped to never feel it again. Also for the mother of his children ( an estranged relationship), I'm sure the hurt there will be greater than anyone would think. I had a rough few days previous to this and now I feel childish for letting those trivial things break me, I have been blessed in my life to not deal with true loss such as this. I have hurt and had pain but not the type that a death can cause. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, I just needed to empty my thoughts.

I'm sorry for the rambling, I didn't know where else to go with this but here.

Sorry sorry to hear this...what a tragedy. :( It's always good to get your feelings out...and we're all willing to listen.

+1 i know it must be very difficult :(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA