Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    the weekend :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    How yesterday I saw an older lady 70ish wearing those leotard tights and some vintage hightop black Converse Chuck Taylor sneakers. They caught my eye and i complimented her on them...she was flattered then went on to tell she wore them because she hurt her ankle and that her daughter didn't like them. This turned into a 5 minute conversation at a mall stop sign.

I told her wore the same as a younster in Boston in the early 70's...hers though was doubled laced and she bought them from Marshall's for $30 mine in the 70's $8.50-$9.50

She loved her sneakers...I said goodbye with a wink she blew me a kiss...made my day. :D:D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    g under p wrote:
    How yesterday I saw an older lady 70ish wearing those leotard tights and some vintage hightop black Converse Chuck Taylor sneakers. They caught my eye and i complimented her on them...she was flattered then went on to tell she wore them because she hurt her ankle and that her daughter didn't like them. This turned into a 5 minute conversation at a mall stop sign.

I told her wore the same as a younster in Boston in the early 70's...hers though was doubled laced and she bought them from Marshall's for $30 mine in the 70's $8.50-$9.50

She loved her sneakers...I said goodbye with a wink she blew me a kiss...made my day. :D:D

Peace
    That's awesome. This story made my day. ;) (I still wear mine, too, that I got in the early 90s. :lol:)
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Should not have gotten a C on a test I just got back. I've attended every lecture, done all the assignments and readings, but just second guessed myself on parts of this test. SO FRUSTRATING!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    Should not have gotten a C on a test I just got back. I've attended every lecture, done all the assignments and readings, but just second guessed myself on parts of this test. SO FRUSTRATING!
    :( So sorry, that bites. I used to always hear 'go with your first answer'....I learned in latter biology classes that this theory is faulty. :lol:
  • Options
    EmBleve wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    :( So sorry, that bites. I used to always hear 'go with your first answer'....I learned in latter biology classes that this theory is faulty. :lol:
    :lol: Definitely doesn't work in all cases! But definitely upset over this. And not something that I can argue for points back, either. Going to talk to my professor anyway, see if there is any way I can scrounge up some points and let her know that I care about wanting to do well.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    g under p wrote:

Peace

great 5 minutes!
    so...there's where i'll be in a few decades ;)
    and you will too!
    we'll be 90 and rockin' out our Touring Girl Tees (or not) and our PJ Vans (or in my case, Birkenstocks...no sox)
    :lol:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    What the frak is going on here today??!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    Going to talk to my professor anyway, see if there is any way I can scrounge up some points and let her know that I care about wanting to do well.
    Do it. :mrgreen: Good luck.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    tomorrow result with the papers...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    EmBleve wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    Going to talk to my professor anyway, see if there is any way I can scrounge up some points and let her know that I care about wanting to do well.
    +1. AND if it doesn't change anything, just know that 10 years from now, that C won't matter one bit :mrgreen:
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    conman wrote:
    Colleague who does agility with her dog: "I don't think they should have a Top Ten. All that means is that people have the time and money to do enough agility to get into the Top Ten."

Me, who has 2 top ten dogs: "Am I supposed to NOT be insulted by that?!?"

:x
    did you break the persons nose?? you should have

Why didn't I think of that?

15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    The New Ipad? Really?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    The New Ipad? Really?

Of course!

That's because I bought an IPad 2 for my mother last week.

So of course, this week they unveil the IPad 3.

*sigh*
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    The New Ipad? Really?

Of course!

*sigh*
    Well yes that too... but it's name is not Ipad 3... it's The New Ipad. :roll:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Haha, I was just about to come here to muse about whether I should get "The New iPad". I really want one and I don't have a good reason to.
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    OMG so sick!!! :sick:
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    The New Ipad? Really?

Of course!

*sigh*
    Well yes that too... but it's name is not Ipad 3... it's The New Ipad. :roll:

I echo your :roll:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The New Ipad? Really?

Of course!

*sigh*

you KNEW it was happening. KNEW :lol:

that's strike two on you and your ipad buying skills.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The New Ipad? Really?

Of course!

*sigh*

you KNEW it was happening. KNEW :lol:

that's strike two on you and your ipad buying skills.
    Christmas Ipad :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    +1. AND if it doesn't change anything, just know that 10 years from now, that C won't matter one bit :mrgreen:
    Thanks, the least I can do is try! I think I'm just most upset that I know I should have done better, but I didn't. Not necessarily the fact that is a 'C'....does that make sense? Oh well. I'm probably being too hard on myself due to unbelievable stress. So much work to do, there are not enough hours in the day! Trying to keep that in mind though, Suzie, that before I know it, it will not matter any more! :)
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    Thanks, the least I can do is try! I think I'm just most upset that I know I should have done better, but I didn't. Not necessarily the fact that is a 'C'....does that make sense? Oh well. I'm probably being too hard on myself due to unbelievable stress. So much work to do, there are not enough hours in the day! Trying to keep that in mind though, Suzie, that before I know it, it will not matter any more! :)
    Absolutely. Not trying to minimize your effort or anything. I used to be so hard on myself on grades but now that I'm working, I realize good grades are only one aspect of what makes you successful in life. And success is so much more than just where you end up job-wise ;)

Try not to be so hard on yourself, it sounds like you really tried. Just put in your best effort, beating yourself up only makes you feel bad about yourself so there's no sense in that. There are enough people in the world who will do that for you :lol::lol:
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    It's almost time for our Spring break. I'm excited about that and the project I'll be working on during that time. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    emissary....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Pamela0222 wrote:

oh no. I hope you feel better.

on my mind....the 2 new pairs of shoes I bought today :mrgreen: the amazing weekend I am going to have :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: a certain someone :mrgreen::mrgreen: good food tonight :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Pamela0222 wrote:

on my mind....the 2 new pairs of shoes I bought today :mrgreen: the amazing weekend I am going to have :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: a certain someone :mrgreen::mrgreen: good food tonight :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    :mrgreen: abuse
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Excited about our quick trip to Amsterdam - journey starting tomorrow :D
  • Options
    Pamela0222 wrote:

:mrgreen: abuse

I beg to differ on that :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:

Enjoy the trip :D
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Claireack wrote:

Enjoy the trip :D