Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    THE POWER IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice! service worth waiting for :mrgreen:
    I tell you, I made friends with a guy from the company this morning because I had lost my sense of humor with the regular operator... He personally called me 3x to tell me the progress they were getting... This guy should run the show.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

nice! service worth waiting for :mrgreen:
    I tell you, I made friends with a guy from the company this morning because I had lost my sense of humor with the regular operator... He personally called me 3x to tell me the progress they were getting... This guy should run the show.

awesome. what company do you have? just curious as I work for one of them
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Orange & Rockland
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Ugh, been semi-sick all week. Do I go to my friend's bonfire tonight and risk getting sicker or stay inside? So tempted to make it a Lost night but it's impossible to miss out on a good bonfire and good beer!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Orange & Rockland

ok. JCP&L is the the NJ utility for my company. I can tell you we have thousands of people still working their butts off. It was worse than the hurricane. Biggest issue is all the trees and limbs that needed to be cleared before they could even get to the equipment.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

yay!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Worry about someone close to me :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    I love being off at 2 on Fridays.... :D
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966

jerk....some of us are still at work
  • Options
    UpSideDown wrote:

jerk....some of us are still at work

And working very hard I see.... ;)
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Orange & Rockland

ok. JCP&L is the the NJ utility for my company. I can tell you we have thousands of people still working their butts off. It was worse than the hurricane. Biggest issue is all the trees and limbs that needed to be cleared before they could even get to the equipment.
    Oh trust me I have full sympathy for those out their working their butts off on this... There was a ton of damage and you could see how bad this was going to be... I know people were working through the nights on this...
    My ONLY complaint is a combination of our town and the public face of the company who should have been more upfront with the timing on this mess... they promised and failed to deliver multiple times... made it hard to decide what to do with your kids... If someone would have said a week,,, a week ago... this would have been more tolerable...

After 7 days... an operator telling me (after I had just asked if they changed their estimate again, nicely) that I am not the only one having a problem and I needed to relax... was not a good idea. :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Oh trust me I have full sympathy for those out their working their butts off on this... There was a ton of damage and you could see how bad this was going to be... I know people were working through the nights on this...
    My ONLY complaint is a combination of our town and the public face of the company who should have been more upfront with the timing on this mess... they promised and failed to deliver multiple times... made it hard to decide what to do with your kids... If someone would have said a week,,, a week ago... this would have been more tolerable...

After 7 days... an operator telling me (after I had just asked if they changed their estimate again, nicely) that I am not the only one having a problem and I needed to relax... was not a good idea. :lol:

oh, yeah, that was a dumb thing for them to say. I remember being over in NJ helping out after Hurricane Floyd, we took over the parking lot of a Kmart to stage materials and equipment and we needed to hire security guards to keep customers from assaulting us and the crews. No matter what you say its the wrong thing. Tense situation for everyone.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

oh, yeah, that was a dumb thing for them to say. I remember being over in NJ helping out after Hurricane Floyd, we took over the parking lot of a Kmart to stage materials and equipment and we needed to hire security guards to keep customers from assaulting us and the crews. No matter what you say its the wrong thing. Tense situation for everyone.
    Yeesh!! That's not cool...
    Well I am not one for pitchforks and torches... :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Yeesh!! That's not cool...
    Well I am not one for pitchforks and torches... :lol:

haha! It's tough to explain to people that there are other priorities, like fixing something that will restore power to 500 customers instead of repairing their line which feeds maybe 5.

and apparently State Senators that call the company president somehow get priority, whats up with that? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    why in the hell did my parents circumcise me?!?!?!! :lol:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Fucking allergies :cry::cry: Everything is itchy, puffy and achy.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Hurrah!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,491
    trick or treat??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,491
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    38 :oops:

:mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    38 :oops:

:mrgreen:

:lol::lol::lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,451
    prints have been taken.

Now HSA/TSA has my prints on file. Bastards better allow the hazmat endorsement.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    back to writing...
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    off to get some beer!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    off to get some beer!
    Wear the hat!!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    RKCNDY wrote:
    off to get some beer!
    Wear the hat!!!

That's always good advice.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Finally home after a dreadul 10-hour-work day. George Harrison is still my favourite Beatle, but I don't think I can watch that movie a 15th time :? Here's to a long weekend with a trip to Berlin to see Bush on Monday :D
  • Options
    Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    edited November 2011
    My poor kittyboys don't like fireworks... nor do the neighbours dogs... poor creatures :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:
    Finally home after a dreadul 10-hour-work day. George Harrison is still my favourite Beatle, but I don't think I can watch that movie a 15th time :? Here's to a long weekend with a trip to Berlin to see Bush on Monday :D

Subtitling Living in the Material World? :thumbup:
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Leeze wrote:

Subtitling Living in the Material World? :thumbup:

Yup :D But enough is enough :lol: