Off_Air.jpg
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    The 81 wrote:
    it's a boring sunday
    go to a pentecostal church! :P
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    It annoys me when someone tells me I "need to" have kids. I'm 37 years old, so either
    a) I've decide I don't want them
    b) I'm busy trying to have them
    c) can't have them

So please leave me the fuck alone :)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    It annoys me when someone tells me I "need to" have kids. I'm 37 years old, so either
    c) can't have them

d) All the above :P
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    c) can't have them

im with you 1000000% in this
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    c) can't have them

Who does that?? :evil:

Some people just need to mind their own business.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    c) can't have them

my response: "you need to mind your own fucking business"
  • Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    Why is it that some people know how to suck the best out of everything- every gesture, every thought, every word spoken? It may be too late to say fuck you and all the bullshit that accompanies your being..... But, FUCK YOU!

Better late than never. ;)
    Glad I'm not alone on this. Thank you. I'm just so fucking sick of it. It's nosey, annoying and rude.

Glad I'm not alone on this. Thank you. I'm just so fucking sick of it. It's nosey, annoying and rude.
    Thinking before people speak/act is a dead trait amoung most idiots in society... Hugs to you though!
    Thinking before people speak/act is a dead trait amoung most idiots in society... Hugs to you though!
    So true. This woman thinks everyone's business is her business. Thank you!

• pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    c) can't have them

I had someone tell me once (and this is no joke) that she was selfish like me once, and that when I'm old and my husband is dead, who will look after me?

I mean, really? is that not the epitome of selfishness? Have kids so I won't be alone when I'm old?!!? what the crap is that about? If I couldn't have children, I would have punched her in the throat. Instead, I just said, "well, it's a good thing I'm an awesome Aunt."
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    I had someone tell me once (and this is no joke) that she was selfish like me once, and that when I'm old and my husband is dead, who will look after me?

I mean, really? is that not the epitome of selfishness? Have kids so I won't be alone when I'm old?!!? what the crap is that about? If I couldn't have children, I would have punched her in the throat. Instead, I just said, "well, it's a good thing I'm an awesome Aunt."
    ha ha..love the answer!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    c) can't have them

no shit! as soon as we got married....actually, at our RECEPTION....people were asking when we were going to have kids. it's no one's business...at all. it's tapered off a bit now....mainly because most people know better now. kind of funny, though...now we're talking about starting a family very soon.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    c) can't have them

That has to be the rudest thing ever. You should have punched her in the throat just for fun :lol: What an asshat.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    That has to be the rudest thing ever. You should have punched her in the throat just for fun :lol: What an asshat.

i 100% agree...what an ass.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    drive or fly :think:
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    mfc2006 wrote:

I just couldn't believe the nerve...I wanted to say "actually, I can't have children, so thanks for reminding me that I'll die alone" but I just couldn't do it (I'm too nice) :roll:
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    mfc2006 wrote:

I just couldn't believe the nerve...I wanted to say "actually, I can't have children, so thanks for reminding me that I'll die alone" but I just couldn't do it (I'm too nice) :roll:

You should have. If you are having children so you won't die alone, you are having children for the wrong reason.

I can't believe how thoughtless and rude people can be.
    mfc2006 wrote:

So crazy!!!

I'm thankful I still have a few (very few) years before people start asking me more often, forcing me to fess up... but, the time will come soon enough. I need to start thinking of some good answers.
    mfc2006 wrote:

With her attitude I wouldn't be surprised if her kids abandoned her in her old age.

6 days until.....Hard Sun....it's going to be great :D
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Yeasayer last night
    2 of my cousins and one of my aunts who live abroad that I haven't seen in a long time are here
    Eddie Vedder 6/21
    Eddie Vedder 6/22
    DMB Caravan 6/26

What exactly did I do to deserve all this goodness?!? Whatever it is, I'm thankful! Things are looking good right now, much better than they have been :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Hey...I have a question...Why didn't PJ play Waynestock '93? :think: :think:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
    mfc2006 wrote:
    c) can't have them

no shit! as soon as we got married....actually, at our RECEPTION....people were asking when we were going to have kids. it's no one's business...at all. it's tapered off a bit now....mainly because most people know better now. kind of funny, though...now we're talking about starting a family very soon.
    At the reception? :shock: You should have stopped everything and started trying right THEN...right in the middle of the dance floor :lol: It has to be on your own time...if at all.

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    good weekend, toppped off with watching the EV solo DVD

gonna read before bed
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    c) can't have them

This makes my blood boil.

I think I've posted this before, but I was at a function with Mr. Unlost after we'd been married a few years and at one point the guys went to the bar and the women were at the table, talking endlessly about their kids and their activities and how they do this and that and the kids aren't grateful...

Then one of them turned to me and said, "So, when are you going to have kids?" They all watched, expectantly.

It might be the only time in my life that I actually had a retort ready.

I said, "After hearing you all complain about your kids, I'm not sure I'm ever going to have sex again."

One of them STILL gives me the frosty shoulder when I see her.
    :lol:

I'm all right with that.
    ;)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Life is good.
    I have a ton of things to do tomorrow.
    One week till Eddie! :)
    10/7/00 Auburn Hills, MI
    6/25/03 Clarkston, MI
    6/26/03 Clarkston, MI
    6/28/03 Toronto, Ontario
    5/22/06 Auburn Hills, MI
    6/14/08 Manchester, TN
    6/26/11 Detroit, MI (EV)

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    One of them STILL gives me the frosty shoulder when I see her.
    :lol:

I'm all right with that.
    ;)

to this person, i would say...a) have a sense of humor and secondly...fuck off you judgmental ass :x :P :lol: